C3X World Tour: Leg Two Week 11 (Day 2) – “Video Game Week”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Oddbrother
    Participant

Hello and welcome back to Leg 2, Week 11 of C3X!

For this weekend, we take you to the Funstreet Arcade where we bring you soundtracks derived from all walks of interactive media. Imagine yourself in a dark-painted brick house. All the lights and sounds that you remember come from the shades of neon pink and blue sconces, and the many beeps and boops that you remembered as a kid, and there are those memorable tunes that spring you back to those years.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is…

C3X-VideoGameWeek1.jpg

Our committed authors have brought to you tracks from various video games, from the arcades to the consoles, from the times you spent coins humming along to the first level or ending credits, to the lyrical spats of dancey duels and soulful set pieces in the comfort of your own home.

Let’s begin!

Rhythm Heaven Pack

Songs from the Rhythm Heaven series

sRj6YMg.jpg

Beautiful One Day by Tsunku

Authored by SuperRiderTH

Download

Download (w/ 2x Bass Pedal)

uPvCaTP.jpg

Big Rock Finish by Tsunku

Authored by SuperRiderTH

Download

xDZxnxX.jpg

I Love You, My One and Only by Tsunku

Authored by SuperRiderTH

Download

Bust a Groove Compilation

All the songs from the PlayStation video game, Bust a Groove

“For anyone that doesnt know what Bust-a-Groove is, the simplest way to explain it is its a dance fighting game. I know… its weird. But the thing that gets you hooked is the music. My god I would spend hours on this game just to listen to the music alone. 12 different songs with all different genres, no 2 songs are the same, over 40 minutes of music wrapped up with a somewhat addictive playing style. The objective of the game is to beat every character by out dancing them. When you beat the final character which always is Robo-Z, a small video clip plays to show youve beaten the game.

This game has been a treasure of mine since I first acquired it back in 2001 (I was 9 at the time). The different dance styles that are portrayed through the characters with the songs led me through my creative mind and helped me portray my dance skills that I utilise today. Without this game, my dance creativity couldve ended in a totally different direction. I never did get to play the 2nd instalment of this game, yet for some reason it was not good enough to make a European release. After watching some videos Im kind of glad I didnt venture on into it, didnt feel like an improvement in my eyes.

But anyway, Ive rambled on long enough. I need to give special thanks to a few people for making this project a reality. I initially started this project roughly 4 years ago when I first started charting, thank god I didnt chart these songs back then cause they wouldve been awful (I actually mean that, my skills back then were questionable). First off to my man FUGGNUTZ, without his encouragement and his willingness to help me through this project it never wouldve made it on time for release. Hes responsible for some of the guitar and drum charts as well as some venues so I cannot praise him enough. Next is ejthedj, he also has a love for this game so he was more than happy to help out with some keys charts along the way. Next would be TheWay123, near the start of the project when I picked it back up he helped me with some drum fixes that were very much needed cause some of these songs are just ridiculous to chart. Another mention goes to DoNotPassGo for lending me his assistance with some drum fixes as well as some rhythm notations to help with some songs.

And thats about it, I hope you download the songs I cherish so much from my childhood and experience what I got to from years ago. Im so glad to have this project completed and wouldve easily do it all over again if I could. Also, if anyone asks, Strike is the worst hehehehe” -GreenPanda12

4zGm62M.jpg

2 Bad (Heat’s Song)

Authored by GreenPanda12 and ejthedj

Download

5uzQwqE.jpg

Bust a Groove (Kitty-N’s Song)

Authored by GreenPanda12

Download

vtZWOls.jpg

Capoeira (Capoeira’s Song)

Download

y3ysBzU.jpg

Chemical Love (Gas-O’s Song)

Authored by GreenPanda12, FUGGNUTZ and ejthedj

Download

qz1Ks4O.jpg

Dreams of Sky, Oceans and Rainbows (Frida’s Song)

Download

268loPC.jpg

FLYIN’ TO YOUR SOUL (Robo-Z’s Song)

Authored by GreenPanda12

Download

Xm5JeET.jpg

I know (Pinky’s Song)

Authored by GreenPanda12 and FUGGNUTZ

Download

aI6ZEfZ.jpg

I luv hamburgers (Hamm’s Song)

Download

C1Rvazh.jpg

Power (Strike’s Song)

Authored by GreenPanda12

Download

H4JiNNM.jpg

SHORTY and the EZ MOUSE (Shorty’s Song)

Authored by GreenPanda12 and FUGGNUTZ

Download

yrX9NuN.jpg

The Natural Playboy (Hiro’s Song)

Download

ChrEN8i.jpg

Transform (Kelly’s Song)

Download

Music of the Soul

A pack of songs from the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series

ITVHndq.jpg

Backside Of The TV (Lotus Juice Remix) by Lotus Juice

Authored by babyjohn42 and SuperRiderTH

Download

A9PA27w.jpg

Bloody Destiny by Yumi Kawamura

Download

oDz2MZ7.jpg

Change Your Way (GAME VERSION) by Elisha La’Verne

Download

D0O1JSe.jpg

NOW I KNOW by Shihoko Hirata

Download

soCCUvx.jpg

Pull the Trigger by Mayumi Fujita & Lotus Juice

Download

p4_reach_out_to_the_truth_rb3con_visual.

Reach Out To The Truth by Shoji Meguro

Authored by kueller

Download

Jzm5Zym.jpg

Rivers in the Desert (Live) by Shoji Meguro

Download

SG50IyN.jpg

The Whims of Fate by Lyn

Download

hg2hfNc.jpg

Wiping All Out by Mayumi Fujita & Lotus Juice

Download

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

“The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series has always had excellent storytelling and gameplay, but my personal favorite part is the music, and Super Mystery Dungeon is no exception. It ranges between slow and fast, goofy and serious, and captures the tone of the story. Stop, Thief! and Legendary Boss Battle: Rock Version are both brutal on different instruments, and the remaining three provide a relaxing coast to the finish.” -Emotional Flight

dhkGFAY.jpg

Epilogue by Keisuke Ito

Authored by Emotional Flight

Download

BLUP3IC.jpg

Legendary Boss Battle: Rock Version! by Keisuke Ito

Download

5nTlv92.jpg

Quiet Night by Keisuke Ito

Download

ECj3dVp.jpg

Stop, Thief! by Keisuke Ito

Download

tIsUvSg.jpg

Wandering Ampharos by Keisuke Ito

Download

Halo 2 Rockin’ Pack

“2001 saw the release of what would become one of the most successful franchises of all time with Halo: Combat Evolved. With it came with one of the most successful video game soundtracks led by a theme that instantly became an anthem for the gaming community. In 2004 came Halo 2 and with it a rejuvenated theme – essentially a restructured mix of the original with added drums, bass, and two guitars. When composer Martin O’Donnell was in the studio he has the brilliant idea of bringing on legendary guitarist Steve Vai to record on various tracks throughout the album.

These two tracks come from the first volume of the Halo 2 Soundtrack, the first being the legendary theme with a lot of fun for guitar and keys and the second being another guitar-centric song with a catchy riff.” -Bansheeflyer

OtnlsCF.jpg

Halo Theme MJOLNIR Mix by Martin O’Donnell & Michael Salvatori

Authored by Bansheeflyer

Download

MkDMfks.jpg

In Amber Clad by Martin O’Donnell & Michael Salvatori

Authored by Bansheeflyer

Download

Singles

We hope you enjoy this variety of one-hit wonders and relaxing ditties to reminisce your first experiences or your accomplishments.

“Spyro has gone through quite a number of games, but none quite so mixed as the Legend of Spyro trilogy. The one true bright spot for me was these two credit songs, both soulful cries to the two games conclusions. Guide You Home has fantastic harmonies and is a decent challenge on all its instruments, while This Broken Soul takes it slow and steady.” -Emotional Flight

cWnEfnC.jpg

Guide You Home (I Would Die For You) by Rebecca Kneubuhl & Gabriel Mann

Download

qrA8B3h.jpg

This Broken Soul by Rebecca Kneubuhl & Gabriel Mann

Download

vrey_c3x_greenhill_visual.png

Green Hill Zone by Masato Nakamura

Authored by VreyIsGrey

Download

CFwpZwz.jpg

Turtle Boogie (from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) by Konami Kukeiha Club

Authored by Oddbrother

Download

“Yes, pan flute on vocals.” -Oddbrother

uC7YViM.jpg

Lethal Enforcers II, Ending Credits by Konami Kukeiha Club

Authored by Oddbrother

Download

“Now, I know what you’re thinking: “Wait, why is there a CHVRCHES song in this fabulous release of well-known video game classics? I thought this was ALL video game songs?!” And you’d actually be correct: this IS a video game song; specifically, the theme song for the game Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst. CHVRCHES is usually known for their catalog of synthpop tunes, namely songs like “The Mother We Share” and “Gun” (which is available on C3!), and this song goes in mostly the same direction, but it is intelligent in the fact that the lyrics are tailored specifically to the story of Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst, and CHVRCHES’ signature style couldn’t fit better alongside the game’s soundtrack of futuristic techno ambience. Overall, this is a solid track that CHVRCHES fans, video game fans, and general synthpop fans can appreciate.

Game-wise, I’ll break it down instrument by instrument. Let’s start with the most prominent: keys. It starts out with a simple melody that’ll have you going from E to B and back, but by the time the chorus rolls around, you’ll be pounding away to a staccato of black and white keys, and it’s no different for the bridge during the “say you’ll remember” sections: a constant melody of 16th notes will keep you on your toes. The synthesizer solo (made with love by Iain Cook and Martin Doherty) is the standout on this track for sure, culminating into an almost shoegazey reverberation of electronic goodness. I’d definitely recommend this song for any Pro Keys players out there.

While I’ve been hyping up the keys, I don’t have that much to say about the drums. Even though they’re programmed, that doesn’t stop them from being a bit repetitive. Basically a Y Y YRK situation throughout, with the ice occasionally being broken by a drum fill or two. Nothing that hard.

Meanwhile, bass seems to be doing it’s own thing; on one end, it’s easy, but in some cases, can be a bit daunting. Usually you’ll just be strumming along to sustains and have the occasional HOPO riff, but you should still at least be a bit wary of how much you’ll have to strum during the bridges.

And finally, vocals. Lauren Mayberry’s vocals on this track are a bit hypnotic, but don’t let that distract you from some semi-fast vocal phrases. The harmony tracks on this aren’t really that special, just droning on with “IT’S A MEEEEMORY”. But if that’s your thing, I’m not stopping you.

Anyway, let’s get to the next person, I’ve been talking for far too long!” -CUTstudi0s

fzvItUs.jpg

Warning Call by CHVRCHES

Authored by CUTstudi0s

Download

P5fswUh.jpg

Baldi’s Basics in Education & Learning (Medley) by Micah McGonigal (Mystman12)

Authored by IMMCTNTJK

Download

lMAFSoa.jpg

Surfside Satie by Yuji Masubuchi

Authored by Kloporte

Download

That concludes this week’s releases for C3X. Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoy rocking out to our content! And please make sure to leave a Like and comment.

This is Oddbrother signing out. Tune in next week where we’ll take you to Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Outstanding release, everyone! Can’t wait to play some of these tracks.

Nintendo113
      Participant

Awesome stuff, thanks to everyone involved!

I’m surprised The Last Surprise wasn’t part of the Persona pack.

Bansheeflyer

Awesome release everyone! Still can’t get over that visual Oddbrother, truly one of the coolest promotional images on this tour!

kueller
          Participant

Halo music is always appreciated. This will bring back some good memories.

absolutely love the persona series music, so many good ones to choose from! but some of them are missing keys, are they gonna be added later? If not, i could potentially assist (as long as you dont mind the pro keys being 100% accurate to how to play them on an actual piano)

I’ve got the original rivers in the desert finished but it doesnt show up in the music library in game, trying to fix it as we speak

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button