C3 Con Tools chokes when trying to edit RB2 Export Pack

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Pearlized Pistol
    Participant

Hey guys, it’s been a while, but I need some help.

I am wanting to hide/remove “Living on a Prayer” and another song from my own RB2 Export pack so I don’t have duplicates.

I already removed the duplicate Bon Jovi and Queen songs from my LEGO Rock Band Export via Converting to CON and then using the Quick Pack editor, removed the appropriate tracks; worked like a charm!

However, when I try to do the same with the RB2 Export pack, it spits out a file about half the size of the original (a little over 900 MB/2GB), and every song after Rock N Me has 1kb files for moggs, and even stopping on them for a moment in the menu freezes the game.

I could have sworn it worked once, but then I re-opened the file and it had 1kb moggs again.

I’ve tried a number of tricks; extracting & re-packing didn’t work – the files don’t extract correctly. Just editing the .DTA still shrinks the file somehow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

– Pearlized Pistol

Pearlized Pistol
      Participant

Ok so, not sure exactly what the issue was, but I re-downloaded the file from XBL, put it on my internal SSD, opened C3ConTools 4.0.1 in Admin Mode, manually opened the file in CON converter, then edited it with quick pack editor, and it worked flawlessly. Not sure wtf was going on, I’m guessing that my external HDD had some file exception. Oh joy, I guess it’s time to back up & reformat my external HDD again 😩

Hopefully this helps someone else who has the same problem; I nearly went mad from this issue!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button