Audio quality issue advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jerrylive365
    Participant

I searched for the answer to this but perhaps I’m not using the correct keywords so please forgive me if this was already discussed.

I am working on a song with multi-tracks. In Reaper my song sounds great, crisp and clear. When I compile it and play, muddy garbage! Ok not exactly garbage, but certainly not quality enough to enjoy hearing it in Rock Band. I cranked up the audio quality in reaper from 5(default) to 10 but that did not change anything but the file size.

In Magma I have the following audio settings…

drums on drum track

bass on bass track

vocals on vocal track

consolidated both guitars in 1 .wav file on guitar track

dryvox on dryvox

consolidated countin, horns and keys in 1 .wav file on backing track

For the crowd I have done it different ways. Unchecked and stereo44.wav (it wont let me do mono).

So, any thoughts? I really want this to sound good and this is one of the last things I want to improve before uploading it.

Thanks in advance!!

When you say “consolidated” do you mean the option in REAPER or do you mean just “merged”? If it’s the first one then you probably have your stems at the wrong times. You need to render them all with REAPER instead. If it’s the second one, you might still have the issue of wrong times, especially if you just dropped them into magma without doing anything else. You say you have keys stems, are you not charting keys for that song?

PikedPike
      Participant

Also on that note with Magma, PLEASE PLEASE use Audio Quality 3 when turning it into a con file, it sounds almost the exact same, Audio Quality 5 has a very VERY high chance of causing the game to crash on Playstation and Wii if the song has multi tracks.

On the most recent version of Magma, the default quality is now 3 because of this reason. Or at least have a version that is in this quality as another download

If you use Pro Keys 2 Hands, you a cheater, just saying

NotRocker1999
        Participant

Send a compiled version to me, I’ll check it out. I’ve got a guess on what might be it but I would like to see it for myself.

jerrylive365
          Participant

Thanks for the replies!! Been sitting on this for a few days now trying to wrap my head around why it was always so muddy sounding every time I fixed settings in Reaper. No matter what I did, it sounded bad. Well, fixing settings in Reaper is great when you actually EXPORT THE AUDIO ONCE ITS FIXED!!! Struggling with this for days and it was a simple as me forgetting to point to the new audio files in Magma. :bang:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button