Audio format to put in con package?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

When I extract files from a con in Le Fluffie, I see a .mogg file for what I assume is the actual song audio. Are other formats supported like .WAV, .aac, etc? If not, what is the recommended method for converting CD tracks to .mogg?

When I extract files from a con in Le Fluffie, I see a .mogg file for what I assume is the actual song audio. Are other formats supported like .WAV, .aac, etc? If not, what is the recommended method for converting CD tracks to .mogg?

The mogg you see stands for “multi-track ogg”. It’s basically multiple .ogg files with different isolated tracks. When you have a mogg from an official DLC, you can look and see what tracks in the audio are assigned to what instruments in the songs.dta file.

You have .wav files that are used in Magma, which is the program that physically builds the RBA files which in turn get turned into .Con files for the game. during the building process, Magma converts all the .wav tracks you have assigned into the .mogg file. In official DLC, the mogg is encrypted so you can’t do much with it besides playing the game with it.

Farottone
    Keymaster

You will be using Reaper to author (a full tutorial is on the way, btw) and Reaper accepts almost any audio file format. You then render out a WAV file that is converted to a MOGG file with proper header by Magma.

Ah thanks for the responses guys. Looking forward to that totorial!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button