Artwork for Ride the Lightning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ScorpioVH5150
    Participant

Hey all,

Ive been updating the artwork for my song library. I know how to change the artwork for basically all the music i have except for the song Ride the Lightning. When i open the file on C3 tools and check for the keep png file but nothings there. When I play the game, there is artwork for the album, but idk how to change it for that song. Ive tried it before but the file becomes unusable when i try something. Any suggestions?

ataeaf
      Participant

It’s in the album art repository, in the updates folder.

http://www.keepitfishy.com/albumart/

RB1 DLC and the RB1 exports don’t have album art because RB1 didn’t use album art. When RB2 came out which did use album art, art for the older songs was put in a separate folder.

mrcoupdetat
        Participant

I know how to change the artwork for basically all the music i have except for the song Ride the Lightning.

Isn’t “Ride the Lightning” official DLC? Can you alter official DLC?

I know how to change the artwork for basically all the music i have

Is this something you’re able to explain how to do? I’ve been asking on and off for years and either, nobody knows, or nobody is willing to share.

I have a LOT of bad metadata and I’d love to fix it. Even if people don’t want theirs fixed or whatever, I’d like to at least have it right on my local copy, though if someone did want the corrected copy, I’d be willing to share.

I see where to edit the DTA file, but that doesn’t get me the album art. I can extract a CON file and I know how to convert an image to the png_xbox format, but I don’t see how to recompile the CON file. The app that does, doesn’t work. You can only add one folder (out of like six or seven) at a time, or they all get nested… and either way the CON file doesn’t work.

I just have the C3 Con Tools. Hasn’t been updated in a few years to the best of my knowledge. Do I need something else (magma)?

FujiSkunk
          Keymaster

To replace art in an existing CON, all you need is C3 CON Tools. In case you weren’t already aware, there is something of a “hidden” tool in C3 CON Tools that lets you look at, extract and replace files in an existing CON. To open this tool, simply drag and drop a CON onto the C3 CON Tools window without dropping it onto any specific button. When the tool’s window appears, you’ll notice buttons along the bottom labeled “DTA”, “MIDI”, “PNG_XBOX” and “MOGG”. Clicking these buttons copies the associated file to your clipboard, where you can then paste it to any folder on your system via the Windows file explorer. Dragging and dropping a file onto one of these buttons will replace the associated file with the new one, unless the tool detects you’re not using a compatible file.

So, since you already know how to convert images to png_xbox, replacing the album art is simply a matter of opening the CON with this tool and dragging the new png_xbox file onto the “PNG_XBOX” button.

The thumbnail is only ever seen when browsing files on your memory stick or XBox 360 hard drive using the 360’s dashboard, but if you’re interested in swapping that out as well, the file is a 64×64 image in standard PNG format (not png_xbox). Drag and drop the new thumbnail onto the existing thumbnail and you’re done.

Remember to save any changes to your CON before closing the CON explorer tool.

ScorpioVH5150
            Participant

I’ve done those steps, however Ride the Lightning doesn’t have a png_xbox file. So I can’t replace the original art because it doesn’t pop-up. When I add a png_xbox to the song file, it corrupts the CON file when I upload to the xbox.

FujiSkunk
              Keymaster

Early DLC did not have album art as part of the CON. RB3 compensates for this by including a lot of album art on-disc. The only way to update those songs is to create a completely new file with a new name and ID. You won’t want to do this with a game you still plan on using online.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button