Are pro keys required?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    petergaveglia
    Participant

Every time I try to compile a song in magma, I get the error saying

“ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Could not find MIDI track authored for real_keys, possibly due to incorrect track name event”

But I don’t want pro keys in my custom, neither autogenerated fake pro keys. But it keeps showing up.

I know if I add the pro keys track, it says no notes charted for pro keys.

For my first compiled custom I ended up adding fake pro keys myself since it wouldn’t stop.

How can I bypass it / get rid of it?

On the audio tab, make sure that keys is unchecked.

Every time I try to compile a song in magma, I get the error saying

“ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Could not find MIDI track authored for real_keys, possibly due to incorrect track name event”

But I don’t want pro keys in my custom, neither autogenerated fake pro keys. But it keeps showing up.

I know if I add the pro keys track, it says no notes charted for pro keys.

For my first compiled custom I ended up adding fake pro keys myself since it wouldn’t stop.

How can I bypass it / get rid of it?

You either have to let it generate fake pro keys (turning pro-keys off makes this option toggle on by default), or put 1 note on all difficulties during and between OD sections. It’s a little more work so I would just say to have magma generate fake pro keys. I don’t think it makes that big of a difference. You still don’t have pro keys available.

On the audio tab, make sure that keys is unchecked.

That’s only if they don’t want either keys parts.

atupomaruru
      Participant

Speaking of which, I have a few old customs with only keys charted that have pro keys listed as “NO PART” in game (and with legacy keys being playable), yet for newer customs it seems more common to use fake pro keys instead. Is there any benefit to doing it with fake pro keys? It seems to me like it’d be better to just leave pro keys as NO PART to save some the inconvenience of thinking the song had actual pro keys charted.

TrojanNemo
        Participant

You’re missing the point entirely. Nobody should be using fake pro keys in game. When you use fake pro keys in Magma, it creates the fake pro keys chart because it’s required to compile, but in game it will be as No Part, with only 5 lane playable. So either you’re not understanding what’s going on, or something is really messing things up.

Speaking of which, I have a few old customs with only keys charted that have pro keys listed as “NO PART” in game (and with legacy keys being playable), yet for newer customs it seems more common to use fake pro keys instead. Is there any benefit to doing it with fake pro keys? It seems to me like it’d be better to just leave pro keys as NO PART to save some the inconvenience of thinking the song had actual pro keys charted.

When someone uses fake pro keys, it means that Magma is making fake pro keys notes to make it so it doesn’t give any errors regarding not having pro keys notes. The only way to turn this option on is to deselect pro keys in the difficulties section. Now most people would just leave it here and keep pro keys unavailable. But if one would want to use these fake pro keys notes in their file, they could take apart the con file and add the part back in. So really it’s more work to chart playable fake pro keys. So I would think they would not chart pro keys unless there were pro keys.

atupomaruru
          Participant

You’re missing the point entirely. Nobody should be using fake pro keys in game. When you use fake pro keys in Magma, it creates the fake pro keys chart because it’s required to compile, but in game it will be as No Part, with only 5 lane playable. So either you’re not understanding what’s going on, or something is really messing things up.

Okay, got it. Must have been something strange going on with a particular custom then that caused me to assume things. Doesn’t have to be related to the Magma feature in fact, it’s possible someone thought they had to fill the pro keys chart themselves for the custom(s) I encountered. Thanks for clearing it up ^^

Farottone
            Keymaster

Way way back copying 5-lane notes to pro keys was the standard, maybe it’s an old custom.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button