Alternity’s customs (old and outdated; use my WIP thread)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Thanks for the tips. I really apreciate, I’m used to Rockmsith, Phase Shift, and RB2, I never actually messed alot with RB3, especially on xbox, on wii everything was cake. I will fix this and repost with a hopefully working one.

It’s weird that it tried to get the vocal track, there isn’t one. Maybe I need a blank one?

Also, on the first rar I packed the notes.mid that EoF saves, and on the second one the notes_c3.mid. I’m assuming raynebc made EoF save a mid specially for the modified magma version?

So I tried to fix and compile it myself, and here what it gives me now:

Magma: C3 Roks Edition v2.2.0

=============================

Build started at 10:54.

Starting Nemo’s MIDI Validator…

Everything looks good, continuing…

Loading MagmaCompilerC3 executable…

Nemo’s MIDI AutoGen process started at 2014-06-05 10:54:09

Added drum mix events successfully.

Nemo’s MIDI AutoGen process completed at 2014-06-05 10:54:09

Reading the archive

SystemInit Params: C:UsersAlternityDesktopMagma C3MagmaCompilerC3.exe -have_lock D:CustomsRock Band-Phase ShiftDancing MadDancingMad.rbproj D:CustomsRock Band-Phase ShiftDancing MadDancingMad.rba -mutex HMX_Magma_833022118935187201228

Project Compiler: Reading project ‘D:CustomsRock Band-Phase ShiftDancing MadDancingMad.rbproj’…

Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 5…

Metadata Compiler: Starting…

Metadata Compiler: Done.

Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 5…

MIDI Compiler: Starting…

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Multiple tracks share the name Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy VI)

MIDI Compiler: Done.

ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.

RBA Build ended at 10:54.

It looks like there was an error creating the RBA file.

Stopping here…

I have opened the midi file in 3 different midi editors and I have not seen any tracks named ”Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy VI)”. I’m confused. Cleaning it with the MIDI Cleaner tool did not help, same result.

Did you check the actual track name events in each MIDI part?

Thanks, it was that that caused the error (really wondering why EoF saves them with that), but now I get another Error with the MIDI compiler:

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Time division must be 480 ticks per quarter; this file is 960 ticks per quarter

Not sure I understand what it means… God Rock Band 3 is picky :

EDIT: Found what it is. I keep running into errors… might take longer before I fix it.

Install Reaper version 4.22 and all the addons in this thread and see if that helps: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6

The ticks thing is something you will see if you use wierd fof songs. a cheap work around is making a new empty track and copy paste the whole thing over and deleting the old track that got to low/high ticks. Ived never reallyed bothered looking for another way as it takes 10 seconds tops. Remember after copy pasting that the track names are correct and that the thing is synched. Allso use CAT cause CAT detect the ticks error before you even run it through magma. you can see the ticks by right clicking the track and choosing source properties.

AddyMills
    Participant
      Thanks, it was that that caused the error (really wondering why EoF saves them with that), but now I get another Error with the MIDI compiler:

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Time division must be 480 ticks per quarter; this file is 960 ticks per quarter

Not sure I understand what it means… God Rock Band 3 is picky :

EDIT: Found what it is. I keep running into errors… might take longer before I fix it.

You need to install the RB3 plugins, it will automatically set the Ticks Per Quarter to 480. Then re-import the MIDI into a new project file. This will fix the ticks error.

Thanks guys but as I stated in my edit I found what it is.. lol. (All I needed to do was to go in Reaper’s properties and change it)

I kept running into other errors that apparently RB doesn’t like (but other games seems to not care). I’ll fix them asap.

Edit: I am wondering: Is it magma C3 version that is this picky or RB3 xbox really needs all this to run a song? IIRC I never did this fancy stuff to make them run on wii. If there’s another way to compile for xbox please let me know.

TrojanNemo
      Participant

Magma C3 is less picky than the original Magma. For the wii you weren’t compiling them, just putting files together. Magma makes sure your charts are to some degree in accordance with what hmx wanted them to be. But the game is a lot more lenient than Magma. But a non-Magma approved custom in this day and age is just not what anyone wants. The game has rules and requirements. Rather than continue to reminisce about how you were bypassing them or ignoring them on the Wii…read the authoring docs and learn what is required by Magma.

raynebc
        Participant
          Did you check the actual track name events in each MIDI part?
          Thanks, it was that that caused the error (really wondering why EoF saves them with that)

What exactly is the issue here? Pretty much the only way EOF would have written two tracks with the same name would be is if you had it store the raw MIDI data from another MIDI file’s track into the project, and its name conflicts with another stored track, or otherwise the name of another track EOF wrote during save.

Every track saved with PART (insert track name here) and Dance Mad (Final Fantasy VI) as track names events at the beginning of the track. I did add a RAW MIDI track, track name was only “PART REAL_KEYS_X”) before I did. (Exported the midi from EoF, opened the midi in reaper, created this track, then added it to my EoF project)

It wasn’T interfering with Phase Shift, only on RB.

TrojanNemo
          Participant

That was caused by you being on a newer version of REAPER than the v4.22 that is recommended. People forget that REAPER kept on going and without HMX to whisper in their ear, newer versions added “features” that actually conflict with what we use it for.

C16

I hate it when things “comflict”…

raynebc
              Participant
                Every track saved with PART (insert track name here) and Dance Mad (Final Fantasy VI) as track names events at the beginning of the track.
                That was caused by you being on a newer version of REAPER than the v4.22 that is recommended.

I just want to make sure I know what’s going on, was this an EOF issue or a Reaper issue? It would only be an EOF issue if the original, unaltered MIDI EOF wrote has incorrect track name events.

TrojanNemo
                Participant

Reaper issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button