AJFOne’s Customs 6/3 – Broken links????

Viewing 15 posts - 1,936 through 1,950 (of 1,991 total)
  • Author
    AJFOne23
    Participant

LATEST UPDATE 8/20 – Grateful Dead – Unbroken Chain

MtMvGF2.jpg

GUITAR/BASS: bsbloom

“Unbroken Chain” with words by Bobby Petersen and music by bassist Phil Lesh stands as one of most musically complex pieces they performed, and the fact that it was never, until 1995, performed live in concert by the Grateful Dead puts it into a unique category. The roar that went up from the audience when they broke it out at the Spectrum in Philadelphia on March 19 of that year virtually drowned out the first minute of the performance. It stayed in the live repertoire during that final tour, and was played in the penultimate spot in the second set of their last show on July 9, 1995.
      But the studio version on Mars Hotel always blows me away. The mysterious studio sounds that resemble jet planes taking off or water dripping, the incredible Garcia solo, the rapid changes in mood and the twists and turns of tempo and structure all combine for a wild ride. And Bobby Petersen’s lyric is right up there with some of Hunter’s best, for me.
      AJFOne23
      Participant

LATEST UPDATE 8/21 – Frank Zappa – Outside Now

frank-zappa-banner.jpg

oSDgIZi.jpg

GUITAR: nsw1-6/SteveHasAMustache

UPDATED 8/21/2020: So once upon a time in early 2016 I was a Zappa newbie diving headfirst in the catalog. I started charting drums on a lot of songs never thinking they would become full band. My charting skills were not up to par for the intense difficulty on some songs so I edited them heavily. Over 4 years later I decided the time was now to restore this and 3 other Joe’s Garage tracks to their full glory. The final minute of the outro has been restored. Bass, drums, and guitar are all up to code.

MrBurpler
        Participant

(Can’t wait to see)

I can’t wait to see what it’s like to play this custom now..

AJFOne23
          Participant

thank you to the lovely ghostbyob for this killer Slayer preview video:

AJFOne23
            Participant

LATEST UPDATE 8/25 – Jeff Beck – Scatterbrain

Q4MjKY1.jpg

GUITAR: EchoOfMystery

STANDARD KEYS: MrBurpler

AJFOne23
              Participant

LATEST UPDATE 8/26 – The Cardigans – Travelling with Charley

le0O6sn.jpg

GUITAR: SuperRiderTH

All of this sixties nostalgia of the Cardigans sophomore album culminates in it’s most creative gem, “Travelling With Charley.” I love this particular record because it shows such self-awareness. The band knows that their stuff sounds like TV theme songs from the 1960s, so they quite literally made a theme song for an imaginary TV detective show from the 1960s. The show is about a hapless “detective darling” who “never finds a trace,” and every episode ends when “someone else has solved the case.” It’s a brilliant song, and it shows that the group doesn’t take itself too seriously — they’re in on the “joke” too. It’s this kind of risk taking that endears a group like The Cardigans to its audience. So often, our favorite artists are afraid to show us that they’re actually having fun. And what’s Life without fun?

AJFOne23
                Participant

LATEST UPDATE 8/27 – Foo Fighters – Podunk

xZwWs44.jpg

GUITAR: nicholasp248

AJFOne23
                  Participant

LATEST UPDATE 8/31 – Christina Aguilera – Beautiful

PkSx2R2.jpg

STANDARD KEYS: Bansheeflyer

VOCALS: BornGamerRob

Kudos to BornGamerRob for inspiring this dual release. Xtina is sorely underrepresented in our beloved game.

AJFOne23
                    Participant

LATEST UPDATE 9/8 – KISS – Cold Gin

9RSSnhb.jpg

GUITAR: BattlePenguin

UPDATE 9/8/2020: guitar fixes courtesty of RubyDanger and drums updated

AJFOne23
                      Participant

LATEST UPDATE 9/9 – Grateful Dead – Help on the Way – Slipknot

65nC899.jpg

GUITAR: EchoOfMystery

Help on the Way is a true “one of a kind” song that no other rock song sounds like. That’s a pretty impressive feat.
                        It’s a modal minor song (as is the following Slipknot!) that uses lengthy complicated patterns that are probably partially inspired by modern (at the time) jazz songs like Freedom Jazz Dance written by Eddie Harris.
                        While the song does have some great and original music what makes it amazing are the simple and catchy verses and chorus. And as great as the chords and vocal melody are, Hunter’s lyrics are even better:
                        Paradise waits
                        on the crest of a wave, her angels in flame
                        She has no pain
                        Like a child, she is pure, she is not to blame
                        Great imagery. It’s difficult to put my finger on a specific theme or story in these lyrics but the words are beautifully mysterious and left up to interpretation.
                        AJFOne23
                        Participant

LATEST UPDATE 9/11 – Frank Friday’s – Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy

frank-zappa-banner.jpg

H3aKW0Y.jpg

GUITAR: bsbloom

AJFOne23
                          Participant

LATEST UPDATE 9/15 – Mastodon – Rufus Lives

5Nl58JV.jpg

GUITAR: froogle

AJFOne23
                            Participant

LATEST UPDATE 9/16 – NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENT

I had a full slate of releases for this week ready but my C3Universe is acting up and won’t let me upload so in the meantime I might as well make the announcement for my 2020 month long extravaganza. Coming this October……………. behold Pearl Jamathon!

pearl-jam-a-thon-banner.png

rezavakili
                              Participant

Big fan, can’t wait, thank you.

AJFOne23
                                Participant

Big fan, can’t wait, thank you.

I got a great crew backing me up :c00l:

Viewing 15 posts - 1,936 through 1,950 (of 1,991 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button