AJFOne’s Customs 6/3 – Broken links????

Viewing 15 posts - 1,891 through 1,905 (of 1,991 total)
  • Author
    Vinny Reed
    Participant

Is this a one off or will we see some more multitrack updates?

AJFOne23
      Participant

Depends on MrBurpler. This was his idea and execution. I’m not a fan of them for releases but I understand some of you are so why not

MrBurpler
        Participant

Yes specifically? Ideally whatever songs are available as stems/multis I’d like to see released. I have the Close To The Edge (album) stems and a some point i’d like to go back and update my customs.

Vinny Reed
          Participant

Yes specifically? Ideally whatever songs are available as stems/multis I’d like to see released. I have the Close To The Edge (album) stems and at some point I’d like to go back and update my customs.

Anything really

AJFOne23
            Participant

LATEST UPDATE 7/6 – Bill Withers – Just the Two of Us

VeFTWB7.jpg

VOCALS: BornGamerRob

GUITAR/BASS/KEYS: bsbloom

FujiSkunk
              Keymaster

Forgive me, AJ, but I have to nitpick a little bit. The actual release artist for “Just the Two of Us” is Grover Washington, Jr., and the song originally appeared on his album Winelight. Of course, people recognize Withers more readily than Washington, so if this was an intentional decision, I can’t argue much against it.

Either way, great song, and I for one am happy to see the full 7-minute version. Thank you!

AJFOne23
                Participant

You answered your own question 😉

AJFOne23
                  Participant

LATEST UPDATE 7/7 – Nirvana – Milk It

3pffwOw.jpg

GUITAR/VOCALS: Sr.Moog

AJFOne23
                    Participant

LATEST UPDATE 7/9 – Alanis Morissette – Heart of the House

qZCh557.jpg

GUITAR: EchoOfMystery

“Heart of the House” is one of my favorite songs off her criminally underrated sophomore album. It’s so soothing and beautiful that whenever I’m in the dentist chair getting a cavity drilled I play this song in my head and I’m able to withstand anything.

AJFOne23
                      Participant

LATEST UPDATE 7/10 – Frank Friday’s – Dead Girls of London/Shall We Take Ourselves Seriously

frank-zappa-banner.jpg

Yn11sPu.jpg

STANDARD KEYS: MrBurpler

AJFOne23
                        Participant

LATEST UPDATE 7/14 – Nilsson – Coconut

XVb65o1.jpg

GUITAR/BASS: bsbloom

DRUMS: MrBurpler

Iconic for different reasons is “Coconut.” Inhabiting multiple characters with appropriate accents amid its calypso pulse, Nilsson pursues amusement, and lands on something hypnotic. Fun, frivolous and experimental, it’s a clinic on effective production structure, thanks to an arrangement that feels airy even as it becomes denser, and vocals that ooze memorable personality. There’s a reason the line “put the lime in the coconut” has had decades of staying power—it is deeply catchy and smartly crafted. Typically referred to as a novelty song, “Coconut” is more inventive than gimmicky, and whatever else it may be, its charm is not an accident.

AJFOne23
                          Participant

UPDATE: fixed bass and guitar sync issue for Coconut. Thanks for the heads up guys :doh:

AJFOne23
                            Participant

LATEST UPDATE 7/15 – Alice in Chains – I Stay Away

NKk0YPW.jpg

The seeming schizophrenia between massive rock crunch and gentle acoustic numbers was actually one of Alice in Chains’ strongest traits, and on the brilliant “I Stay Away” the two impulses fused to create what on balance was the band’s most uplifting song, sonically if not always lyrically. Beginning with a lovely, folky Jerry Cantrell guitar, strings softly gliding in, “I Stay Away” finds the normally doom-laden Layne Staley beginning on a note of hope about ‘going south this year.’ A recurrent descending riff finds Cantrell bringing out the electric guitar, joining with Staley in the off-center harmonizing that so often defined the group, but for the most part the tone is calm and reflective. It’s on the chorus that everything really hits the heights, with Staley invoking the title like a declaration of intent and the arrangement suddenly becoming an anthemic surge, the orchestral backing resulting in a truly beautiful moment. Cantrell’s electric solo adds just enough bite.

FujiSkunk
                              Keymaster

“Coconut” fills a big hole in the Nilsson catalog. Thank you!

AJFOne23
                                Participant

LATEST UPDATE 7/16 – Foo Fighters – Baker Street

C0c7YMr.jpg

GUITAR: nicholasp248

The Foos’ cover of “Baker Street” originally appeared way back in 1998 as a b-side to their ‘My Hero’ single (this being back in the days when physical singles actually existed, although most were on CD by then, thus rendering the term ‘b-side’ technically obsolete). Replace the sax (and everything else) of the original with electric guitars cranked up to 11 and slamming percussion, arranged in the “loud-quiet-loud” pattern of the ‘90s Seattle Rock sound Dave Grohl helped make famous with Nirvana.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1,891 through 1,905 (of 1,991 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button