AJFOne23’s Show Floor submissions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    AJFOne23
    Participant

I’m having trouble uploading to mediafire so I’ll work on that tonight. The 2nd part of the pack is 90% complete so I’ll take the feedback for Introduction and apply it to the rest.

Farottone
      Keymaster

Feedback for Introduction

We want to see if you can stand on your own legs here, otherwise this release would be too much for us to handle. So…

Drums

I need you to go over the chart in two passes: one listening to the snares alone, one listening to the cymbals alone. Some things are out of place but I want to see if you can do selfdiagnostic, so once you’ve done your pass post the project and I’ll check it out. I already made a note of what’s wrong where.

Bass

There is one very noticeable relative pitch error, try and spot it.

There is one big issue throughout the whole song that you should and could have fixed automatically with CAT.

Keys

Same big issue as for bass.

M126-M148, I can see it’s difficult to make out what’s going on but it’s not what you laid out. This screams of copypasting from a MIDI you found and it’s an alarm going off. When in doubt you need to stop and listen carefully, not using some premade MIDI without a further check, if that’s what happened here.

There’s a fair amount of slides, like at M150, the F, that are not authored. You need to listen once more to the song and author those.

Guitar

Same big issue.

I also really have no idea what is charted, I can’t hear almost any of it, except the solo and some of the part after the solo. What did you base you authoring off for this part?

Vocals

I’m not posting feedback because it was really not up to par but you said you were fixing them.

AJFOne23
        Participant

Drums

I need you to go over the chart in two passes: one listening to the snares alone, one listening to the cymbals alone. Some things are out of place but I want to see if you can do selfdiagnostic, so once you’ve done your pass post the project and I’ll check it out. I already made a note of what’s wrong where.

This particular chart was once of my earliest on drums. I went back and made the appropriate changes using the double pass technique.

Bass

There is one very noticeable relative pitch error, try and spot it.

There is one big issue throughout the whole song that you should and could have fixed automatically with CAT.

I had my guitar collaborator do bass before I figured out how to handle it myself in future charts. Is the CAT fix having to do with sustains?

Keys

Same big issue as for bass.

M126-M148, I can see it’s difficult to make out what’s going on but it’s not what you laid out. This screams of copypasting from a MIDI you found and it’s an alarm going off. When in doubt you need to stop and listen carefully, not using some premade MIDI without a further check, if that’s what happened here.

There’s a fair amount of slides, like at M150, the F, that are not authored. You need to listen once more to the song and author those.

The keys are all my authoring. Chicago midis are hard to come by especially for the non singles. I think I know the part you were talking so I’ll do my best to brush that up. Does the 1/16th space rule apply to only long sustains or all notes in general. Example if there is 4 1/16th chords in a row do you make them 1/32 notes to have a gap between?

Guitar

Same big issue.

I also really have no idea what is charted, I can’t hear almost any of it, except the solo and some of the part after the solo. What did you base you authoring off for this part?

The guitar is still an issue for me but he will be providing as much guitar parts as he can. He used an isolated channel from a quad source I provided.

Vocals

I’m not posting feedback because it was really not up to par but you said you were fixing them.

Everything else is being worked on and patched up as best as possible. I’ll have something ready by tomorrow hopefully.

AJFOne23
          Participant

I made all requested updates and I hope it’s to your liking. I will await further feedback before carry on with other songs. The link up top is up to date.

Farottone
            Keymaster

Thank you for the revision. I really feel heartbroken to have to deliver the news but based on vocals alone we’re not there yet. I think you did an amazing job of fixing up drums, you caught the sustains issue (some are still too long, some are stubby, but that’s easily fixable), you missed the relative pitch in bass but it’s not a big deal. Vocals however are not there yet by a good amount of work. A lot of notes attack too early, a lot of slides are missing, and this is a very difficult song to sing, so not perfect authoring will mess with scoring no doubt.

Based on the one song I checked I think you’re doing a great job, and I can’t tell you to hold off on these anymore. As frustrating as it is for us as a group not to being able to release these under our banner, I think you should release these, vocals included, in your thread. The alternative would be a good amount of pracice on authoring vocals before giving it a a new go, which I’m not sure you want to do.

Up to you really, all I can say more is you’re doing a great job.

Farottone
              Keymaster

Listen, curious about one thing: if I fix the notes for you, would you then fix up all the lyrics? Just trying to understand if we can make this work anyway.

AJFOne23
                Participant
                  Listen, curious about one thing: if I fix the notes for you, would you then fix up all the lyrics? Just trying to understand if we can make this work anyway.

Of course. As much as I’d like to become a one man machine proficient in all departments it’s not possible. I can easily provide the foundation and if you can clean it up to make it ready I’d be grateful.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button