The New Community Customs Database (or, “pksage’s folly”)

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Gigakoops
    Participant

Making it more noticeable could be a thing, but reverting the process would not: if people forget to properly mark a song it’s a disservice to the users but most importantly to the author, who doesn’t get to properly advertise their work. For that reason the author is now incentivised to check the form before uploading. If things were reversed, the author who now, even if incentivised, forgets to properly mark their songs would end up submitting a form that shows the song as having all instruments when it doesn’t, which is worse. The author would get a shiny icon and the users would get an incomplete song marked as full band. We’ll see if pksage has some ideas on how to make the fields more visible, or maybe just add a Confirm pop up showing which instruments are missing just as a reminder (“You are about to submit a song that’s missing Guitar and Harmonies: confirm?” Yes/No).

Ah I see. Maybe one solution could be to make all of the options default to the same as the instrument ones (i.e., “Choose An Option”), so that everyone has to select something for each field? I realize it’s more work on everyone’s behalf, but if it means people don’t accidentally set their custom as not having things charted that aren’t there, and it affecting how their customs appear, that might be the best way. Either way, I guess it’s not that important, just something I’ve occasionally noticed happened is all.

Is there a way to export all or any portion of the database to, for example, a CSV file? I apologize if this has already been covered; I’ve spent the last hour searching the forum and I didn’t see anything about it.

Thank you.

Farottone
      Keymaster

Not as far as I know.

Jonztu
        Participant

Sorting by views doesn’t work for me.

Just a suggestion to whenever it gets updated again, but there should be someway to search by Author.

Dash Riprock
          Participant

After clicking on the author’s name, choose ‘Find Content’, then select by content type: customs.

geronimo8
            Participant

Can you add filter for the consoles available?
              Like, show for “Wii only” or “Xbox only” or “PS3 only”.

I was unaware you could sort by views, but it seems that option under “custom” is not working.

Is this something in the works and not yet implemented or it’s not working?

Not sure if this get’s updated anymore but can we get notices for when someone posts on a custom you made?

I was wondering, is there a way to filter the songs that has every instruments charted (including pk and harmonies) that the song has? Or maybe just sort the database by the “info” column? I tried to find a way for that but there doesn’t seem to be any.

So, what happened today? A bunch of customs got pinned in there, ruining the first page view.

Bansheeflyer

Hahahahaha

“Source: yes”.

Probably laughed a lot harder than I should’ve.

nsw1-6
                Participant

Saw that just recently. I’m assuming someone hacked an admin account, or was able to make one with such permissions, unless we hear otherwise from the mods.

Bansheeflyer

As far as I can tell at least some of the pinned songs are previously released customs that were removed because they became official DLC.

Maybe the admins are testing to see which of us are loyal and won’t break the forum rules by downloading them. :brosius:

Sideshow
                    Participant

All of these songs are official Harmonix RB4 dlc which link to xbox.com to buy them.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 112 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button