The New Community Customs Database (or, “pksage’s folly”)

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    pksage
    Keymaster

the database says the other links are available, but i still only see xbox. is it just me?

Alternate links will only appear if the author provides them.

Also, the alternate links for C3 customs haven’t been ported over from the old database yet, I’ll be getting to that.

Soon can you make it so you can edit authors?

I want to release a song but it is mostly not my custom, i want to add custom animation and venue to it. 

Also the custom i want to do is someone that is banned,

Great work here pksage!

Question on the ‘Pitched Vocals’ dropdown…

This only applies if your custom should have pitched vocals and doesn’t. Set this to “Yes” if your song has no pitched vocals in the audio (i.e. rap) and you have accurately authored that.”

None of my songs will be RAP (of that I can assure you),so all of my songs will have pitched vocals. Yet this comment states this selection only applies if the custom should have pitched vocals and doesnt.. so do I leave unselected ie. with the default (no vocals)….?

Also, it then says select Yes if your song has no pitched vocals – this seems counter intuitive… if the song has Pitched Vocals.. shouldnt the selection be Yes(?) and if it doesnt , then selection should be No…?

Thanks

naginalJJ
      Participant

Great work here pksage!

Question on the ‘Pitched Vocals’ dropdown…

This only applies if your custom should have pitched vocals and doesn’t. Set this to “Yes” if your song has no pitched vocals in the audio (i.e. rap) and you have accurately authored that.”

None of my songs will be RAP (of that I can assure you),so all of my songs will have pitched vocals. Yet this comment states this selection only applies if the custom should have pitched vocals and doesnt.. so do I leave unselected ie. with the default (no vocals)….?

Also, it then says select Yes if your song has no pitched vocals – this seems counter intuitive… if the song has Pitched Vocals.. shouldnt the selection be Yes(?) and if it doesnt , then selection should be No…?

Thanks

It’s pretty much saying select yes if your song has pitched vocals or vocals that shouldn’t be pitched i.e. rapping or screaming/growling etc… and select no if you just charted all the vocals as talkies even though they should be pitched.

It’s pretty much saying select yes if your song has pitched vocals or vocals that shouldn’t be pitched i.e. rapping or screaming/growling etc… and select no if you just charted all the vocals as talkies even though they should be pitched.

Understood. But respectfully, that is not how it reads..

Got a idea, it would be cool to let you have something to say what version of the song so then people know it has been updated.

It only shows the name so it would be great to have something that says it has been updated or the version of the custom.

Got a idea, it would be cool to let you have something to say what version of the song so then people know it has been updated.

It only shows the name so it would be great to have something that says it has been updated or the version of the custom.

It does show when it was last updated, you can sort by it. I recently updated one of my songs, so here’s what the date looks like

October 23, 2015
        October 2, 2015
        October 2 is when I posted it, Oct 23 is when I last updated it

It does show when it was last updated, you can sort by it. I recently updated one of my songs, so here’s what the date looks like

October 23, 2015
        October 2, 2015
        October 2 is when I posted it, Oct 23 is when I last updated it

Ok, thanks.

would it be possible to set up notifications for when people leave comments on your customs?

AJFOne23
        Participant

would it be possible to set up notifications for when people leave comments on your customs?

+1

basically any notification like when someone leaves a rating or anything like that

A crazy idea but could it be possible to add scores to the song?

Where you can take pictures showing your score?

IMPORTANT

For those of us who used the old C3 database to download Phaseshift song packages, this new database is terrible to do so. There is not a way to filter just that type of download so I find myself shifting through 300 CON files before I find a song that has a Phaseshift download option.

I can’t be the only one with this gripe. Please address this!

TrojanNemo
          Participant

You’re more likely to “solve” your “problem” by using C3 CON Tools and converting the songs to Phase Shift format yourself.

Gigakoops
            Participant

Here’s two things I’ve noticed that I want to ask about, both involving other people’s uploads.

• Often I’ve seen people either forget or not notice to switch an instrument that isn’t on their song from “Not Authored” to “Song Does Not Have,” bringing their “disco record” sign down several tiers, even if they’ve authored all the parts that would be in the song, all difficulties, etc. Would there be a way to perhaps make it more noticeable, or to make the defaults for each instrument “Song Does Not Have” so that people don’t make this error as easily when uploading a song without certain parts?
              • Just now, saw someone upload a pack by various artists, and while their method isn’t what one would expect from this database, it’s got me wondering if maybe in the future it’d be possible to upload actual packs of songs as it’s own entries, as well as the individual songs. It’d especially be great for things like full albums and themed packs I think, to be able to group them together, perhaps linking to individual songs within the pack’s page, as well as a download link for the pack itself.
              Farottone
              Keymaster

Here’s two things I’ve noticed that I want to ask about, both involving other people’s uploads.

• Just now, saw someone upload a pack by various artists, and while their method isn’t what one would expect from this database, it’s got me wondering if maybe in the future it’d be possible to upload actual packs of songs as it’s own entries, as well as the individual songs. It’d especially be great for things like full albums and themed packs I think, to be able to group them together, perhaps linking to individual songs within the pack’s page, as well as a download link for the pack itself.

It could be nice to have that feature but it would need to be coded in anew, and I’m not sure pksage has the time to devote to that.

• Often I’ve seen people either forget or not notice to switch an instrument that isn’t on their song from “Not Authored” to “Song Does Not Have,” bringing their “disco record” sign down several tiers, even if they’ve authored all the parts that would be in the song, all difficulties, etc. Would there be a way to perhaps make it more noticeable, or to make the defaults for each instrument “Song Does Not Have” so that people don’t make this error as easily when uploading a song without certain parts?

Making it more noticeable could be a thing, but reverting the process would not: if people forget to properly mark a song it’s a disservice to the users but most importantly to the author, who doesn’t get to properly advertise their work. For that reason the author is now incentivised to check the form before uploading. If things were reversed, the author who now, even if incentivised, forgets to properly mark their songs would end up submitting a form that shows the song as having all instruments when it doesn’t, which is worse. The author would get a shiny icon and the users would get an incomplete song marked as full band. We’ll see if pksage has some ideas on how to make the fields more visible, or maybe just add a Confirm pop up showing which instruments are missing just as a reminder (“You are about to submit a song that’s missing Guitar and Harmonies: confirm?” Yes/No).

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 112 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button