The C3 Hint Thread: November 29th, 2013 – Twenty Questions Edition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    TrojanNemo
    Participant

You don’t get the point of a twenty question game…do you?

If espher says “yes” – that just means that “one” of the songs (we don’t know how many) would fall in that category. How does that narrow down anything for you?

troipoison
      Participant

Is artist #3 a one-hit wonder?

espher
        Participant
          Was song #2 from between 1980-1986?

For reference, and since I don’t think I mentioned it before, any questions worded as “between” will be assumed to mean “inclusive”. I didn’t mention it for the first question date range but I don’t think that used ‘between’.

Yes.

Was song # 3 released between 85-89?

Yes.

Song 3.

Does the artist have the word ‘the’ in their name?

Yes.

Is artist #3 a one-hit wonder?

Both yes and no.

Song #3 – Did the song come out between ’86 and ’88?

troipoison
          Participant

Is song #3 a pop rock/power pop group?

espher
            Participant
              Song #3 – Did the song come out between ’86 and ’88?

Yes.

Is song #3 a pop rock/power pop group?

Both yes and no.

Song #3 – Did the song come out in ’87?

troipoison
              Participant

Song #3, male lead vocals?

espher
                Participant
                  Song #3 – Did the song come out in ’87?

No.

Song #3, male lead vocals?

Yes.

troipoison
                  Participant

I noticed is the band a British act was asked, but I’m wondering if that might mean the band is in north america, but are from Britain. Could be throwing us off.

Song 3 – Was the song released in 1986?

espher
                    Participant
                      Song 3 – Was the song released in 1986?

No.

No promises I will get a chance to answer any other questions before release tomorrow, guys. I will certainly try.

Anonymous

If espher says “yes” – that just means that “one” of the songs (we don’t know how many) would fall in that category. How does that narrow down anything for you?

*Facepalm*

It would mean at least one song would be by any of those artists. If he said no then no songs would be by any of those artists and most likely, I wouldn’t care unless it’s Genesis, GnR, or PrinceWhateverer.

I kinda already have most of the songs I want “badly”. It’s just a few more specific songs by specific artists, with one being The Beatles actually… So a “Yes” can confirm that there is a chance of getting a song I want or at least be it by an artist I extremely enjoy (Metallica, AC/DC, etc) and wouldn’t mind having more songs from…

So, it does narrow down greatly for me and helps a lot.

questionmark
                        Participant

*Facepalm*

It would mean at least one song would be by any of those artists. If he said no then no songs would be by any of those artists and most likely, I wouldn’t care unless it’s Genesis, GnR, or PrinceWhateverer.

I kinda already have most of the songs I want “badly”. It’s just a few more specific songs by specific artists, with one being The Beatles actually… So a “Yes” can confirm that there is a chance of getting a song I want or at least be it by an artist I extremely enjoy (Metallica, AC/DC, etc) and wouldn’t mind having more songs from…

So, it does narrow down greatly for me and helps a lot.

You’re ing him? You don’t even realize how selfish your statement is, do you? How you’re fine using up a question to rule it out “for me,” when it’s a cooperative game.

And I suspect that his criticism is based on the fact that you asked about “any” of the songs, which just doesn’t make sense in the frame of a 20 questions-style game.

Anonymous
                            You’re ing him? You don’t even realize how selfish your statement is, do you? How you’re fine using up a question to rule it out “for me,” when it’s a cooperative game.

And I suspect that his criticism is based on the fact that you asked about “any” of the songs, which just doesn’t make sense in the frame of a 20 questions-style game.

How am I being selfish?

Secondly, if you MUST KNOW… I hate choosing. I’m always like that. If you ask me what I want to eat, I get to nervous and just say “I don’t really care”… I only will say a choice if ye’ push me enough with the question then I’ll flat out say something… I am like this mostly cause I get nervous and afraid that what I say may not be accepted and may annoy the person who is asking me…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button