Status of the GHtoRB3 project?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    All sorts of good info

Thanks for your detailed and informative post that highlighted the main things to do in the conversion process. So I watched the 2 hour Let’s Author stream, have reviewed some of the documentation from RBN on this forum and have decided to try my hand at charting starting out with trying to convert some songs from Guitar Hero. I got a few Band Hero songs that haven’t been converted yet that I want to do. Would a good starting point be opening you guy’s custom RPP file in Reaper and then copying the BH charts from the respective instruments/difficulties into the corresponding instrument track from the already created project template? Would that take away a few more of the things you have to change from the GH charts to make it work with Rock Band? I am kinda already trying this right now but figured I would ask to make sure I am not wasting time doing something that will not work. Thanks in advance.

I did try to load the .mid file from the particular BH song into the custom project you guys made (just by doing Insert -> Media File) and it made all 4 tracks/charts from the BH song (drums, vocals, bass, and guitar) show up as keys tracks. What’s up with that?

PS. I apologize if this is not really the correct place to ask about Charting as I know there is a separate forum for that but since we had already gotten somewhat detailed within this thread I figured here would be the best place to keep the discussion. Also, since the conversion seems somewhat the same for each GH song perhaps this thread could be great instructions for others looking to move other GH songs over to RB to reference.

Is there anyone here with current W.I.P. GH conversions? If so, would you mind posting or PMing me what you’re working on? I’m thinking I might do some myself, but would hate to put in the time if someone already beat me to it.

Thanks

I just want to reply here… I know its not my duty, but REAPER is always the answer in high esteem. Has not anyone tried EOF with the RBN export? With that I said. I do not play RB3 customs on the 360 so I cannot say if it is short work that makes it so easily. Now I can only speak on myself, but if one wanted to import the wii GH charts and export them as RB midis(through EOF) one need only ask Raynebc to fix the export properties to that of a RBN file. Which I believe he would oblige. Raynebc is decent enough a person to take requests for such a task. I only speak through my experience with him.

:c00l:

ps. All custom songs are playable in rb2(similar to rb3) provided the chart doesn’t contain keys chart(or if so, they’re probably skipped, i have not tried, perhaps it only needs audio changes)…creating custom rb2 files requires one step or more to get it working.

pps, having re-reading it, atleast using that said EOF export midi as a starting point can’t hurt much

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button