SotS’s Show Floor Submissions (17 July) – A View to a Kill last-minute update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Nyxyxylyth
    Participant

I did a triage pass on these. This gives potential sponsors an idea of how much work might be required, and gives the original author some basic feedback. If nobody picks these songs up by 7/28 (outside of the Duran Duran song Farottone where expressed interest), please pull them off the show floor and release them in your own custom thread.

Anamanaguchi – Another Winter

Readiness: 8/10

Looks a couple playtests away from ready

Masaya Matsuura – Parappa’s Live Rap with MC King Kong Mushi

Readiness: 5/10

– Major vocal pitch work required, capitalization, excessive punctuation

– Not sure what the guitar chart represents

Martin Garrix – Animals

Readiness: 3/10

– Not sure what the bass chart represents

– Same sounds charted to both drums and guitar

– Guitar riff is off (M131)

DECO*27 – Ai Kotoba (feat. Hatsune Miku)

– Vocals: missing slides, note tubes are too long – use scrub mode to find where notes end

– Key gems are back to back – need spaces

– Guitar riff is off (e.g., M63-M65)

– Bass is off (e.g., M121.3), gratuitous chords

Duran Duran – Planet Earth

Readiness: 7/10

– Bass: missing notes (e.g., M33.4)

– Drums: undercharted – this is a furious disco beat

– Vocals: plan-© throughout, not C#, pretty good shape

sherm.
      Participant
        I did a triage pass on these. This gives potential sponsors an idea of how much work might be required, and gives the original author some basic feedback. If nobody picks these songs up by 7/28 (outside of the Duran Duran song Farottone where expressed interest), please pull them off the show floor and release them in your own custom thread.

Anamanaguchi – Another Winter

Readiness: 8/10

Looks a couple playtests away from ready

Masaya Matsuura – Parappa’s Live Rap with MC King Kong Mushi

Readiness: 5/10

– Major vocal pitch work required, capitalization, excessive punctuation

– Not sure what the guitar chart represents

Martin Garrix – Animals

– Not sure what the bass chart represents

– Same sounds charted to both drums and guitar

– Guitar riff is off (M131)

DECO*27 – Ai Kotoba (feat. Hatsune Miku)

– Vocals: missing slides, note tubes are too long – use scrub mode to find where notes end

– Key gems are back to back – need spaces

– Guitar riff is off (e.g., M63-M65)

– Bass is off (e.g., M121.3), gratuitous chords

Duran Duran – Planet Earth

Readiness: 7/10

– Bass: missing notes (e.g., M33.4)

– Drums: undercharted – this is a furious disco beat

– Vocals: plan-© throughout, not C#, pretty good shape

That’s a lot of feedback. Thanks nyxyxylyth. Obviously, I need to update several of them.

EDIT: Quick question: what would be the recommended duration for a show floor candidate that nobody is interested in?

Gigakoops
        Participant

I would like to sponsor Another Winter. I’ll take a look at your project files for a formal playtest later.

sherm.
          Participant
            I would like to sponsor Another Winter. I’ll take a look at your project files for a formal playtest later.

Sure. As usual, let me know if there is anything wrong with it.

Nyxyxylyth
            Participant
              EDIT: Quick question: what would be the recommended duration for a show floor candidate that nobody is interested in?
              If nobody picks these songs up by 7/28, please pull them off the show floor and release them in your own custom thread.

30 days after the triage date is what we’re currently thinking of. That doesn’t mean the song has to be fully playtested and ready for release in that window – just that an author has stepped forward to sponsor the song. That keeps the Show Floor a little cleaner, and gives you feedback faster.

Farottone
              Keymaster

Let me know when you’ve updated Planet Earth so that I can download it and work on it.

Gigakoops
                Participant

Sorry for the long wait to playtest Another Winter, I’ve been busy with outside things and haven’t done much C3 stuff at all. I hope to get a playtest done either today or tomorrow.

sherm.
                  Participant
                    Let me know when you’ve updated Planet Earth so that I can download it and work on it.

Updated the bass, drums and the overdrive sections of the track.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1gvnjn14c585teg/Duran_Duran_-_Planet_Earth(V2.1).zip

Farottone
                    Keymaster

Great, thanks. Come Undone, Ordinary World and Save a Prayer are done and need testing. I’m thinking we could have this out by mid-August to replace another pack that’s giving me a headache and wouldn’t mind postponing.

Gigakoops
                      Participant

Here are guitar, bass, and drums tests for Another Winter. I’ll take a look at keys and pro keys later.

These are expert-only tests. After you have taken care of Expert fixes I will look at the reductions.

GUITAR

M11, M19, M27, M71, M79, M87: Instead of the currently authored R-O chords, may I suggest Y-B chords? It sounds like to me the higher note in these chords is the same as in M7, M15, etc., while the lower note is higher.

M31, M91: I suggest removing the red note from these chords. These are regular power chords, just like the rest of the intro part.

M35, M39, M95, M99: These sound like the chords at M43, M47, etc., so I’d chart these as R-B chords.

M42.2.5, M46.2.5, M102.2.5, M106.2.5: There are other chords being played here than what’s charted. On 42.2.5, I’d chart a B-O, at M42.3.5 a Y-O chord, and at M42.4.5, a R-B chord that sustains to M43.1.375. I will include a snapshot of what I mean below.

M49-M63, M109-M123: These sustains should all be a single note. Also, the pattern should go, with the same amount of notes you have authored, R Y B Y B O B Y B O G R Y B Y R Y B O B. Also, the final sustain in these segments should last to the end of the measure.

BASS

M8.4, M16.4, M24.4, M68.4, M76.4, M84.4: These notes should be sustained on expert.

M29, M89: This sounds like 8th notes, rather than the currently-authored sustains.

M30.3, M90.3: There is a missing note after this one. It sounds like it should go O B R, since the note at M30.3/M90.3 sounds like a higher note.

M31, M91: This sustain should be yellow, since it’s lower than the previous blue notes, but higher than the red notes.

M35.1.5, M39.1.5, M95.1.5, M99.1.5: Missing note. I’d make it red, since it’s higher than the following green note, but lower than the previous yellow. The previous yellow note should also be a sustain.

DRUMS

M21, M33, M37: There should be a green crash here instead of the currently-authored hi-hat.

M29-M30: Instead of the currently-authored flams, I think I hear crashes paired with snare up until M30.4, which is just snare, not flams.

M40.2.5: This sounds like there’s three 16th yellow toms here, ending at M40.3.

M49: There should be the crash at the start here. It also sounds like you should chart twice as many hats here as you currently have. I’d also make it a disco-flip style chart, making the disco flip event at M57 start at M49.

M52.2: I hear a tom roll here, so I’d make a blue tom roll here that lasts through M52.3, and make the last beat of this measure four snare hits instead of the currently-authored two, since it still sounds like 16ths being hit.

M56.4.75, M60.4.75: Missing snare here.

And this should be exactly the same through the second repetition.

_______

And if you want, I’d be willing to make a fancy venue and such for you. I notice you have some camera cues and lighting cues and such, but I can try and make it a bit more fancy for you.

sherm.
                        Participant
                          Here are guitar, bass, and drums tests for Another Winter. I’ll take a look at keys and pro keys later.

These are expert-only tests. After you have taken care of Expert fixes I will look at the reductions.

Let me know when you’re done looking at keys and pro keys. I want to include all of the fixes in one update.

Gigakoops
                          Participant

It’ll probably be tomorrow, since I have other things to do tonight. But I hope to get keys/pro keys tested as soon as I can.

Gigakoops
                            Participant

Here is the pro keys playtest. I’ll tackle five-lane keys later, though I imagine it’ll probably be very similar to that of Pro Keys, since most of these would have to be wrapped differently on 5-lane to make five-lane reflect the changes to the pro keys chart. Again, I will look at lower difficulties once you’ve fixed Expert up.

PRO KEYS

Lane shift markers belong at the start of a measure, so for example the one currently at M23.3 would go at M23.1, though since you shouldn’t do lane shifts at the start of a sharp (black) notes, I’d move it to M24.1, since those notes are still within the previous range. They also don’t need to be as long as you have them, a 16th long would suffice.

M5-M12, M65-M72: There is a chiptune synth that isn’t charted here. It’s doing something similar to what guitar is doing.

M14, M18, M74, M78: There are missing notes here, and there are some inaccurate notes here. With it all being 8th notes, the pattern should go C#3-B2-F#2-A2-C#3-B2-F#2-A2.

M15, M23, M25.4, M27.4, M75, M83, M85.4, M87.4: These sustains need lengthened to a 16th before the next note.

M22, M82: Similar to the note for M14, M18, etc., only it’s E3-C#3-F#2-A#2-E3-C#3-F#2, which is one note shorter than the previous pattern.

M29-M32, M89-92: The starting lane shift is much too steep and sudden, and will result in notes being off the grid on the previous B3 note. Also, instead of one synth playing chords, this is actually two chiptune synths playing different patterns, one on the left and one on the right. Here is a picture of what I hear, I’ve decided to chart the left side, since if one decides to play the game in Mono sound for some strange reason that is the side they will hear.

(Last two notes are B and C#, the image got cut off when linking it)

M33, M93: This G# note needs to be only one beat long (lasting from MX.3-MX.4), since it sounds like it cuts off there after the slide.

M35, M95: This pattern should go E3-C#3-B2-C#3-D3.

M36.2, M96.2: This should be C#3.

M37.3, M97.3: This should be E3, and should also be one beat long.

M38.1, M98.1: This note should be sustaint until a 16th before the nest note.

M39.1.5, M99.1.5: These two notes should be E3 and C#3.

M46.3, M106.3: Lose the C3 note here, it’s just G#.

M47, M107: This pattern should go C#3-G#2 D3-A2 C#3-G#2 A2-E2 B2-F#2

M48, M108: These are not chords, lose the E notes.

M49-M58, M109-M118: All instances of C notes should be C#, all instances of F notes should be F#, all instances of G notes should be G#.

M53-M56, M113-M116: Below is a picture of how this pattern should go.

(Last two notes are D and A, the edge of the image got cut off)

M61, M121: Lose the lower notes here, since you’re technically charting two synths here, and the lower notes represent a synth that fades out. I’d also extend the left-over E3 note a 16th, since there’s no lower notes making it a chord.

Gigakoops
                              Participant

Finally, the expert keys playtest. Again, I’ll look over reductions once expert fixes are done. Make sure that any sustain fixes I had you make on Pro keys that I failed to mention here should also be applied here. And my offer to make a fancier Venue track still stands.

M5-M12, M65-M72: Chiptune synth is missing here as well.

M14, M18, M64, M68: This pattern would work better as B-Y-G-R-B-Y-G-R; adding the notes I told you to add on pro keys, and lowering it because the previous yellow sustain is actually the same pitch as the ones I am telling you to make yellow now.

M22, M72: This pattern should be O-B-R-Y-O-B-R, adding the missing note I told you to add on pro keys and raising the second half up since it’s the same pitches.

M23, M73: For wrapping purposes, I’d make this yellow since it’s the same pitch as that at M25.4/M75.4, and the following blue note is actually a different note entirely.

M29-M32, M79-M82: Again, remove the chords here, since it’s two synths. The wrapping could also use some work to prevent cases of two notes of the same color representing different pitches. Below is a picture of how I wrapped this part.

M33.3, M37.3, M83.3, M87.3: Shorten this like on pro keys.

M35.2, M85.2: This should be red.

M36.1, M86.1: These first two notes should be red and yellow.

M37.3, M87.3: This should be a higher note, such as blue.

M38, M88: With M37.3/M87.3 raised higher, I’d make these two sustains lower, green and red, since the note M38.4.5/M88.4.5 is a higher note. Keep the note at M38.4.5/M88.4.5 yellow.

M39.2, M89.2: Make this yellow.

M46.3, M96.3: Remove the yellow note in this chord, since this note is not a chord. Also extend the sustain 1/16th since it isn’t a chord.

M47.2.5, M97.2.5: Make this a Y-B chord.

M48, M98: Remove the yellow notes, extend the sustains 1/16th, since these aren’t chords.

M49-M63, M99-M123: I worked a bit on the wrapping and recharting of this segment. Below will be a picture of what I did to wrap and rechart this segment, using my version of the pro keys chart as a reference.

(Last note in pattern is blue, again the edge got cut off)

sherm.
                                Participant
                                  Finally, the expert keys playtest. Again, I’ll look over reductions once expert fixes are done. Make sure that any sustain fixes I had you make on Pro keys that I failed to mention here should also be applied here. And my offer to make a fancier Venue track still stands.

Working on the fixes right now. You are also allowed to make a fancier venue track.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button