Songs not showing up & files seem to be dissappearing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

So today I added 20 (by using party buffalo as usual) customs not all them showed up. The only one that did was Dream Theater – Wither.

So I put all the other ones in a pack with CON tools and tried loading it. Now only one showed up, but wither was gone (from recently acquired, and from the whole library). In addition, now the Wither file is not showing up even in party buffalo. In addition, some songs I added YESTERDAY that I played were gone both from party buffalo (like the file isn’t even there) and from my song library.

So I tried changing some song IDs and putting it in party buffalo, and I noticed that the big 20 song pack I added was gone.

Things seem to be just disappearing. I don’t know what’s going on.

I think it all started when I tried to add some things from the “all unexported songs” thread viewtopic.php?f=20&t=270&start=100

from C16’s folder

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/x239dg … ng_Exports

I’m not sure if that’s related or not.

By the way, I have about 1200 customs on the USB stick and it’s seperate from my “real” DLC, so it’s not the 3000 song limit.

have some kind of

Also, I tried it with a new song cache, and the same thing happens. The new songs aren’t showing up and some of the ones I added recently are just not there.

Farottone
    Keymaster

Check songs ID, something is going wrong with those, most probably duplicated numeric songs IDs.

I thought it would be something like that so I edited the song IDs (I just put in a bunch of long random numbers), but the files still both failed to show up in game and then vanished from the flash drive.

Not showing up ingame I understand, but I’m not sure why the things are vanishing from the flash drive.

Maybe the thing’s just reached the end of its function life, but somehow I don’t think that’s it

Farottone
      Keymaster
        I thought it would be something like that so I edited the song IDs (I just put in a bunch of long random numbers), but the files still both failed to show up in game and then vanished from the flash drive.

Have you checked the actual DTA files?

Well, I used quick dta editor to edit the song IDs, if that’s what you mean.

Anyway it seems the problem has been resolved by switching from the old way of putting things on flash drives (party buffalo) to the new way (RBtoUS:cool: although I’m still not sure what was causing this.

By the way none of the song IDs of the disappearing things had conflicts, according to RBtoUSB.

Before I formatted the flash drive I noticed some corrupted files in the rb3 folder (when viewing through the 360 dashboard). So I think maybe that could have been the issuw

TrojanNemo
        Participant

The issue you were experiencing is a well documented, if not understood, flaw with those types of programs.

Not a problem you have to worry about with RBtoUSB because it relies on Windows’ own file handling to move the files around.

Yeah. Party Buffalo occaisonally does some strange things.

I’m sure I was overdue to modernize my methods anyway, lol.

So I’ve been using RBtoUSB for a while and it’s been fine, but this problem just started happening again.

I added a bunch of new songs (with RBtoUS:cool: and none of them show up. Additionally, a few songs I had added and played previously (all recent ones, as far as I can tell) seem to not be there anymore (ingame). I tried deleting the cache but the same thing happens: the new ones don’t show up, and the same recent ones are gone.

I still see the files on the stick in RBtoUSB and in windows itself, but they aren’t showing up ingame.

Not really sure what the cause of this is… I’m going to try formatting the USB stick, maybe that’ll help

Farottone
          Keymaster
            So I’ve been using RBtoUSB for a while and it’s been fine, but this problem just started happening again.

I added a bunch of new songs (with RBtoUS:cool: and none of them show up. Additionally, a few songs I had added and played previously (all recent ones, as far as I can tell) seem to not be there anymore. I tried deleting the cache but the same thing happens: the new ones don’t show up, and the same recent ones are gone.

I still see the files on the stick in RBtoUSB and in windows itself, but they aren’t showing up ingame.

Not really sure what the cause of this is… I’m going to try formatting the USB stick, maybe that’ll help

C3 songs?

Yes, some of the things that will not show up ingame at all(but show up in windows/RBtoUS:cool: were this week’s C3 songs.

I am not sure if any of the songs which I previously played but now won’t show up anymore are C3 songs.

Farottone
            Keymaster

Check the IDs of the songs and post them here please.

Sorry for late reply…

Two C3 songs from this week which never showed up:

New York State of mind’s ID is “BillyJoelNYState”

Henry VIII’s song ID is “1018100018”

Neither of those share ID with anything else.

None of the ones I got this week show up, I just only posted two, not sure if you need them all.

A song which I previously played but now isn’t showing up anymore is a custom of Arch Enemy – Enter the Machine, I don’t remember where I got it. Its song ID is “EntertheMachinev1”. Nothing shares that.

So I tried formatting the USB stick and re-loading all the songs on to it with RBtoUSB. Now instead of just a recent few being missing, the game only detects about 90 songs (out of maybe 1650).

I tried looking at what’s on the USB stick using the 360’s file mover. It detects the same ones as RB3. It says the RB3 file is only about 2 GB when I know I have about 19 GB of customs. So not only does the game not detect them, the 360’s OS doesn’t seem to either.

In RBtoUSB and Windows, all the files appear to be there.

I’m just about out of ideas with regards to this… no matter what I do it seems that not only does RB3 not recognize some files, but the 360 itself doesn’t either. No idea what’s going on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button