RBHP on PS3 – note/howtos/troubleshooting

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Wootex
    Participant

I think I have the information I need to encrypt the files, but like you said, the version of C3 tools won’t work. Is there an older version that will work or do you know of another program I can use?

C3 CON Tools uses a txt file and a rap file to encrypt the PS3 files. You can change the rap file and modify the text file with the correct information for the folder you want to use. A good way to go about it is modifying the region you are not using (i.e. if you’re using NTSC, change PAL stuff so that when you select PAL in the converter you can use the second rap file and key).

The files you want to change with the things you have is the rap file in [C3 CON Tools root]/bin/raps and the k-license in [C3 CON Tools root]/bin/klic.txt.

Make sure to make backups of the original files before changing them just in case.

Wootex
      Participant

Thanks for your help, unfortunately I’m still getting the black screen and need to restart when I try to load keys.

I put the Rock Band 2 export rap file in the C3 rap folder and changed the file name to Pal.rap.

I changed the K-lic# and the content ID (which is the same name as the rap file correct?) under the PAL section of klic.txt to the rock band 2 export info.

In C3 tools, I selected PAL region and ran the ps3 converter for the _plus.midi keys file from optional upgrades to make it into .edat file with (I think) the correct encryption.

I put the .edat file in the songs_upgrades folder in the Rock band 2 export folder along with the upgrades.dta file with copied text from the Github

I copied the text from the songs.dta on the Github over the default song text in the songs.dta in the rock band 2 folder.

Are there any other steps I’m missing? Do I need to have harmonies installed before I can include keys? Is there a conversion setting I need to change? Am I not supposed to change the content id in klic.txt?

Thanks for helping me along with baby steps.

The content id should match the real rap file name so that’s done correctly.

I’m not sure what went wrong at that point, it should work…

Another thing that you could try is literally changing the DLC manually instead but that’s alot of work. You’d have to decrypt the midi file, merge the new parts in, re-encrypt it with the correct key and change the dta file. If you attempt that make sure to do backups of the original files.

Wootex
        Participant

Thanks for your help Alternity,

I was able to get things working, it turns out you don’t need the k-license or rap or anything like that. It works if you just put the converted midi upgrades into HMX0756 folder. My problem was I was putting the songs_upgrade folder in with the songs and not right into the HMX0756. Also there was an errant parentheses messing me up.

I feel that I have emerged a smarter, more fully formed person.

I was able to get things working, it turns out you don’t need the k-license or rap or anything like that. It works if you just put the converted midi upgrades into HMX0756 folder. My problem was I was putting the songs_upgrade folder in with the songs and not right into the HMX0756. Also there was an errant parentheses messing me up.

excuse the files need to be merged into one text? I do not understand. or directly put the file -upgrade.dta- and the edat in the song_upgrade folder.
          sorry for my bad english, I try to play with some keyboard themes of the lego and rb1
          LHSmarchingredcoat
          Participant

Hey y’all, late to the customs game but I wanted to post here with some observations and ask for some help. After this post, I’ve finally gotten the update files for Keys charts and Harmonies to not crash my PS3. When playing a pre-RB3 chart on Vocals, song plays normally and Harmony parts are added.

When I play that song’s Keys chart on my own, all camera angles and cuts are removed, so I am stuck with a frontal shot of the band for the entire song. Keyboard player also never exits their “Idle” animation state. Anyone know of a workaround or explanation for this?

Songs I’ve tested this on: Aqualung, Bodhisattva, Carry On My Wayward Son, Nine in the Afternoon, Panic Attack, Shackler’s Revenge, The Trees (Vault Edition), Mr. Brightside

Steps I took:
            1. PS3 directory /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR/HMX05F6/songs
            2. Copied RBHP songs.dta information into the above folder’s songs.dta file
            3. Created upgrades.dta file and placed into PS3 directory /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR/HMX0756/songs_upgrades
            4. Copied RBHP upgrades.dta information into the file created in Step 4, separated by a blank space after each song’s ending parenthesis
            5. Used C3 CON TOOLS PS3 Converter to convert each song’s RBHP plus.mid file to mid.edat files, Encryption Type 2, 10 seconds
            6. Copied ALL converted mid.edat files (regardless of original game) into PS3 directory /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR/HMX0756/songs_upgrades

FujiSkunk
            Keymaster

When playing a pre-RB3 chart on Vocals, song plays normally and Harmony parts are added.

When I play that song’s Keys chart on my own, all camera angles and cuts are removed, so I am stuck with a frontal shot of the band for the entire song. Keyboard player also never exits their “Idle” animation state. Anyone know of a workaround or explanation for this?

The good news is you’ve done everything correctly.

The bad news is, this is normal for legacy content with keys upgrades.

There are actually a couple of different ways venues can be created and stored in RB song files; simply put, there’s the legacy way and the RB3 way. RB3 (the game) knows how to handle both types, and it decides automatically which one to look for. This automation breaks down when you play a legacy song with keys, because any time keys are chosen, the game assumes you must be playing an RB3-era song with an RB3 venue. Since legacy songs only have legacy venues, the game ends up finding almost no venue information at all, just some post-processing video effects.

LHSmarchingredcoat
              Participant

Thank you for the explanation!! I’m glad that at least the songs and charts work now. Haven’t tried this yet, but I wonder if the problem persists with All Instruments Mode On, since the Bass playing character would be prioritized over the Keyboard character?

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button