Magma: C3 Roks Edition v3.3.5 (8/14/2020) – Feelin’ Stronger Every Day!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    JohnSmith2007
    Participant

its now stuck on this…

************* Exception Text **************
      System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
      Parameter name: startIndex
      at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
      at g.b(String A_0)
      at g.a(IEnumerable`1 A_0)
      at g.e(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
      at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
      ************** Loaded Assemblies **************
      mscorlib
      Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
      Win32 Version: 4.8.4042.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

MagmaC3
      Assembly Version: 2.3.3.0
      Win32 Version: 2.3.3.0
      CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/smcco/Videos/MagmaC3v333/MagmaC3.exe

Bass.Net
      Assembly Version: 2.4.11.0
      Win32 Version: 2.4.11.0
      CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/smcco/Videos/MagmaC3v333/bin/Bass.Net.DLL

System.Windows.Forms
      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System
      Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing
      Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Core
      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Configuration
      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml
      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

NAudio
      Assembly Version: 1.7.2.19
      Win32 Version: 1.7.2.19
      CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/smcco/Videos/MagmaC3v333/bin/NAudio.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
      To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
      application or computer (machine.config) must have the
      jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
      The application must also be compiled with debugging
      enabled.
      For example:

as well as this…

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Multiple tracks share the name

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

Usually the more exotic errors that dump cryptic text like that are MIDI file errors in disguise. The second error, “Multiple tracks share the name,” might even be the same trigger. Track names can be munged if you have a track-name event that isn’t quite at the beginning of the track. If the issue isn’t obvious in REAPER, open a new project with your exported MIDI file. When you do that, each MIDI’s determined track name also becomes the associated REAPER track’s name, making such issues a little easier to spot.

ataeaf
        Participant

Can you make it so it defaults to Rock (Rock) like Magma OG did, rather than Rock (Arena)?

TrojanNemo
          Participant

That’s easily done, but I don’t remember me changing it when I was messing with it. You sure the original Magma did Rock (Rock)?

ataeaf
            Participant

This video shows that it defaults to Rock (Rock).

FujiSkunk
              Keymaster

Hey, gang! I’m finally earning my keep around here again. Magma C3 version 3.3.4 is now available for download! This one has just a handful of small bug fixes, but they are some bugs that have caused the most headaches, so I figured I better get it out the door before tackling bigger tasks.

Grab it here, and see below for what changed and why:

• The default audio encode quality is now 3 instead of 5. If you work with multitracks, particularly multitracks with fully separated drum stems, please do not change this default. Anything higher than 3 will cause conversions of your songs for the PS3 and possibly the Wii to misbehave, even while the original releases still work fine on the 360. For projects with just stereo audio, it is still safe to use quality 5 or higher, but keep in mind Ogg Vorbis is a very good audio format and you’ll be hard-pressed to hear the difference between 3 and 5.
                • Rock (Rock) is now the default genre and subgenre, instead of Rock (Arena).
                • The default silent audio tracks will now point to the correct files at all times. No more having to reset those paths with every new project!
                • Options “Append song version to file name” and “Append _rb3con to file name” now apply as soon as a new project is saved. No more unclicking and reclicking each checkbox, or clicking in and out of the file path textbox!

Also, a new known issue and workaround:

• In rare circumstances, while creating lip-sync data, the Magma C3 compiler (MagmaCompilerC3.exe) will exit abnormally and without any explanation. You can tell this has happened when, during Magma’s build process, you see the message “Lip Sync Compiler: Starting…” after which the “CANCEL” button becomes a “CLOSE” button without any other clue that something has gone wrong. The source of this bug is not yet known, but it appears to be tied to the length of dryvox audio files used for the second and third harmonies. If you encounter this mystery bug, shorten or lengthen your dryvox audio files for harmony parts #2 and #3, then try building your project again. It is safe to have dryvox audio files that are of different lengths than the rest of your audio files, so this will not have any other obvious effect on your project.

I’ve been using these fixes in various combinations for a couple of weeks now, so I’m pretty confident these bugs have been effectively squashed. Also rest assured I still have more fixes lined up for future releases. In the meantime, if you see anything blow up that hasn’t before (or even if it has), let me know the details and I’ll dig in.

Have fun!

TrojanNemo
                Participant

Excellent work. Glad to see things are continuing to move along.

Shroud
                  Participant

Thanks a lot for your valuable work!

Scott Sandwich
                    Participant

Us PS3 users definitely appreciate the change to quality 3 so that new customs with multitracks won’t freeze our game going forward! Thanks for the update!

I’m not sure if Fuji used my fix for the quality being 3, but if he did then it is impossible to set the quality higher than 3 when using multiple drum stems. I made it that way to make it extremely unlikely that it will be an issue from this point on. Also, it doesn’t look like you included my noflip fix in the 3.3.3 or 3.3.4 changelogs. Did that ever get added and you just forgot to mention it or did you forget to include that change?

[EDIT] I guess he didn’t use my fix…. So it can still cause problems….

Shroud
                      Participant

I’m not sure if Fuji used my fix for the quality being 3, but if he did then it is impossible to set the quality higher than 3 when using multiple drum stems. I made it that way to make it extremely unlikely that it will be an issue from this point on. Also, it doesn’t look like you included my noflip fix in the 3.3.3 or 3.3.4 changelogs. Did that ever get added and you just forgot to mention it or did you forget to include that change?

[EDIT] I guess he didn’t use my fix…. So it can still cause problems….

Yeah I understood from his post that he only changed the default quality to 3, but not prevented it to be manually changed back to 5.

As a PS3 user, that’s already a positive change for me. I can understand xbox users still wanting quality 5 (even if I can’t hear the difference) so I am not sure if it’s fair to take this option completely away from them to save our PS3 minority…

Yeah I understood from his post that he only changed the default quality to 3, but not prevented it to be manually changed back to 5.

As a PS3 user, that’s already a positive change for me. I can understand xbox users still wanting quality 5 (even if I can’t hear the difference) so I am not sure if it’s fair to take this option completely away from them to save our PS3 minority…

Well no, you misunderstand me. I had given him code to automatically set the quality to 3 upon selecting a drum mix type with multiple stems. Trying to select a quality higher would force it to go back to 3. That way it would be impossible to set the quality higher than 3 when using multiple drum stems. I did it that way similarly to how wii mode sets to 3 or less. Setting the quality to 3 by default helps immensely, but it doesn’t completely fix the issue as anyone can increase the quality afterwards.

Shroud
                        Participant

I had given him code to automatically set the quality to 3 upon selecting a drum mix type with multiple stems. Trying to select a quality higher would force it to go back to 3.

Mmm yes, that’s along the lines of what I was imagining, and it’s clever. When there are no multiple drums stems, there is presumably no worry to freeze the PS3 so it can be allowed to increase the audio quality (I don’t know what are the problems in Wii).

I was just wondering if xbox users might feel like they’re being sacrificed to never get quality 5 in that case.

Although as I said, personally I can’t hear any difference between quality 3 and 5…

Mmm yes, that’s along the lines of what I was imagining, and it’s clever. When there are no multiple drums stems, there is presumably no worry to freeze the PS3 so it can be allowed to increase the audio quality (I don’t know what are the problems in Wii).

I was just wondering if xbox users might feel like they’re being sacrificed to never get quality 5 in that case.

Although as I said, personally I can’t hear any difference between quality 3 and 5…

I brought up the possibility that even with a single drum stem there might be a point at which it breaks ps3. But no one has really tried anything above quality 5 because there’s really no audible difference above 3. Magma was actually set at 3 to begin with but then someone involved set it to 5, not thinking it would cause any unintended side-effects.

TrojanNemo
                          Participant

I was that someone. There was no unintended consequences for Xbox 360 users who were my main concern. Sorry it caused issues for the other players…

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button