[How-To] RBHP for Wii

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Atruejedi
    Participant

Special Cases

If you looked at this, look at it again. All songs under the “sZAE” generation are special cases. Trying to load the RBHP songs.dta through the spoof file won’t work in this content generation because oddly, the game prefers the real one every time.

Broken link… any help?

Now, go to the “upgrades” folder. Simply drag and copy over the midi in the same place you see the provided midi. Then, just like with the songs.dta file, open the upgrades.dta file of the song you want to upgrade, copy it all, then open the provided upgrades.dta file and paste it at the end. This time though, make sure the path is actually correct or the game will have no way of finding it or may show the wrong one in-game. It’s 003. You can fit many more upgrades inside this one folder. It all has to be under about 500 KB though. It’s roughly 10-15 upgrade midis.

I was able to fit 31 upgrades in each of the files. My songs.dta file is 58 KB and my entire song_upgrades folder is 415 KB. I left the paths the default values in songs.dta and I I left the path as sZAE and changed 000 to 003 for all of the songs, but my songs haven’t been upgraded. I’m not getting an error message, just no upgraded harmonies. What have I done wrong? Any suggestions?

I erased and replaced the default Kryptonite values because I don’t have that song. Does that matter? I don’t see why it should… but…

Also, I used the RB3WiiCustomsManager because I like it better. Is that okay?

I whittled it down to 17 upgrades at 209 KB and still no luck…

12 customs at 148 KB and nothing…

Re-added Kryptonite code… nothing…

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

Oh, so that RawkSD link finally went down, huh.

Well, this should be a far more comprehensive list of all the Wii DLC and other information.

For your other question, cache refreshes are necessary here. The same song’s DTA (regardless if it’s upgraded) won’t be read after it has been read once in the cache. You need the game to read your upgraded files first, and you can test this by only loading the upgraded files and none of the DLC. On a fresh cache, you should see the songs in the song list with the upgrades, but you won’t be able to play them. In this case, you could add back the rest of your files and the upgraded DLC should work.

Atruejedi
        Participant

For your other question, cache refreshes are necessary here. The same song’s DTA (regardless if it’s upgraded) won’t be read after it has been read once in the cache. You need the game to read your upgraded files first, and you can test this by only loading the upgraded files and none of the DLC. On a fresh cache, you should see the songs in the song list with the upgrades, but you won’t be able to play them. In this case, you could add back the rest of your files and the upgraded DLC should work.

Yeah, I’ve had no problem getting customs to work (beyond the Guitar Hero conversions here at C3 because of stuttering). I always refresh the cache and reload the songs when I add new ones. Easy peasy! I originally had 343 legitimate songs, but now I have 646 because of customs. They all work fantastically, but when I load up Rock Band 3, I’m told two files (the files from the RBHP) cannot be restored.

Is this because I have not purchased Kryptonite? Do I have to purchase Kryptonite for it to work?

Found this. I still don’t get what you mean by:

Am I to type this under the other wadpacker arguments in the packdlc.bat batch file? I’ve already copied the necessary .app files to my packer. So if I had a total of 3 of those .apps, would I type something like:

wadpacker BIN# 3

I think I figured it out. It took me a while – I guess I had a brain fart or something.

The BIN# is just the placeholder you’re supposed to replace with the actual BIN number.

Also, the 1 at the end of the line should always stay as 1.

For example, the BIN number for the song ‘All the Small Things’ is 009.bin.

So, you’d put the following line into the packdlc.bat file or create a shortcut to wadpacker.exe and put the following into the command line (Target field):

wadpacker 009 1

This is what my packdlc.bat info looks like:

@echo off
          wadpacker 009 1
          del RB2_DLC_*
          del title.wad
          del 000.bin

Atruejedi
          Participant

Is this because I have not purchased Kryptonite? Do I have to purchase Kryptonite for it to work?

*cough* Anybody?

StackOverflow0x
            Participant

*cough* Anybody?

Regarding this, you shouldn’t have to have the song for the song info to show up. Meaning you shouldn’t be getting a “Cannot be restored” error here. You could try isolating the problem files to see what’s going on. Could you show me how you have those files set up?

Atruejedi
              Participant

Welp, I’m stumped. I’ll be as detailed as possible:

For customs, I’ve been using sZGE with great success. No problems, hundreds of custom songs installed and working.

For harmonies, I’m using sZAE, since it’s the packer that came with the harmonies project download. I have purchased songs of this generation in the past (R.E.M.’s “Losing My Religion,” for example). For simplicity’s sake, just to see if I could get any of this working, I’m now only trying to install harmonies for TWO songs… in the 001_00000001_spoofcontentsongs folder, I’ve edited songs.dta to include the following text:

(dunebuggy
                (name “Dune Buggy”)
                (artist “The Presidents of the United States of America”)
                (master TRUE)
                (context 438)
                (song
                (name dlc/sZBE/365/content/songs/dunebuggy/dunebuggy)
                (tracks
                ((drum (0 1 2 3))
                (bass 4)
                (guitar (5 6))
                (vocals 7)
                )
                )
                (vocal_parts 3)
                ; K SN CYMBALS BASS GUITAR VOX TRKS
                (pans ( 0.0 0.0 -1.0 1.0 -0.5 -1.0 1.0 0.0 0.0 )) ;;BASS L, TRKS C
                (vols ( -0.5 -0.5 -2.0 -2.0 -3.0 -5.0 -5.0 -3.0 -2.0 ))
                (cores ( -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 1 1 -1 -1 ))
                (drum_solo
                (seqs (kick.cue snare.cue tom1.cue tom2.cue crash.cue))
                )
                (drum_freestyle
                (seqs (kick.cue snare.cue hat.cue ride.cue crash.cue))
                )
                (midi_file dlc/content/songs/dunebuggy/dunebuggy.mid)
                (hopo_threshold 90)
                )
                (song_scroll_speed 2300)
                (bank sfx/tambourine_bank.milo)
                (anim_tempo kTempoMedium)
                (preview 123379 153379)
                (rank
                (drum 216)
                (guitar 302)
                (bass 390)
                (vocals 215)
                (band 287)
                )
                (genre poprock)
                (decade the90s)
                (vocal_gender male)

(version 1)
                (downloaded TRUE)

(album_art FALSE)
                (year_released 1995)
                (album_name “The Presidents of the United States of America”)
                (album_track_number 7)
                (base_points 458784)
                (song_id 1005301)
                (song_length 168181)
                (format 10)
                (game_origin rb1_dlc)
                (rating 2)
                (vocal_tonic_note 1)
                (song_tonality 0)
                )

(ladybug
                (name “Ladybug”)
                (artist “The Presidents of the United States of America”)
                (master TRUE)
                (context 439)
                (song
                (name dlc/sZBE/369/content/songs/ladybug/ladybug)
                (tracks
                ((drum (0 1 2 3))
                (bass 4)
                (guitar (5 6))
                (vocals 7)
                )
                )
                (vocal_parts 3)
                ; K SN CYMBALS BASS GUITAR VOX TRKS
                (pans ( 0.0 0.0 -1.0 1.0 0.0 -1.0 1.0 0.0 -0.8 )) ;;TRKS L
                (vols ( -1.0 -1.0 -2.5 -2.5 -1.0 -4.0 -4.0 -1.5 -0.5 ))
                (cores ( -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 1 1 -1 -1 ))
                (drum_solo
                (seqs (kick.cue snare.cue tom1.cue tom2.cue crash.cue))
                )
                (drum_freestyle
                (seqs (kick.cue snare.cue hat.cue ride.cue crash.cue))
                )
                (midi_file dlc/content/songs/ladybug/ladybug.mid)
                )
                (song_scroll_speed 2300)
                (bank sfx/tambourine_bank.milo)
                (anim_tempo kTempoMedium)
                (preview 11400 39600)
                (rank
                (drum 301)
                (guitar 221)
                (bass 368)
                (vocals 220)
                (band 305)
                )
                (genre poprock)
                (decade the00s)
                (vocal_gender male)

(version 1)
                (downloaded TRUE)

(album_art FALSE)
                (year_released 2008)
                (album_name “These Are the Good Times People”)
                (album_track_number 2)
                (base_points 430791)
                (song_id 1005300)
                (song_length 159090)
                (solo (guitar vocal_percussion))
                (format 10)
                (game_origin rb1_dlc)
                (rating 1)
                (vocal_tonic_note 6)
                (song_tonality 0)
                )

I’m unsure if it matters, but the data above says these two songs are from the sZBE generation.

Also, it mentions the path names for the midi file as (midi_file dlc/content/songs/dunebuggy/dunebuggy.mid) and (midi_file dlc/content/songs/ladybug/ladybug.mid). Nothing about _plus like the next step. Is that supposed to be that way?

Next, in the 003_00000003_upgradescontentsongs_upgrades folder, I’ve added dunebuggy_plus.mid and ladybug_plus.mid to the songs_upgrades folder. I’ve edited upgrades.dta to include the following information:

(dunebuggy
                (upgrade_version 1)
                (midi_file “dlc/sZAE/003/content/songs_upgrades/dunebuggy_plus.mid”)
                (song_id 1005301)
                )
                (ladybug
                (upgrade_version 1)
                (midi_file “dlc/sZAE/003/content/songs_upgrades/ladybug_plus.mid”)
                (song_id 1005300)
                )

After this, I used RB3WiiCustomsManager to compile the bin files and dropped the two files, 001.bin and 003.bin into the privatewiidatasZAE folder of the SD card. Cleared the cache, loaded my library in, tried to play one of these two songs… still no harmonies. The rest of my library of customs works fine. luckily.

Help is appreciated, and, as always, thank you very much for your patience and expertise.

StackOverflow0x
                Participant

It can be fickle sometimes. No, the midi_file line in the DTA doesn’t matter here since RB3 does not seem to read it. Everything else looks correct though. In times like these, it helps to pull everything back and just work on the problem files. So try just loading your compiled spoof file. If it works, anything you’ve set to upgrade should show up in-game (though won’t load since you won’t have the song files in this test). If the file isn’t getting read, then we can see why it isn’t.

EuroMIX
                  Participant

As you mentioned on discord, did you ever get around to at least making it possible to use files for the sZAP generation; the PAL version of the sZAE generation?

What would ultimately be nice is if we could provide replacement app files for all the DLC to add in both harmonies (where possible), and also album art (for songs that lack it), and integrate the album art showing immediately after finishing a song feature that the RBHP setup seems able to invoke (that RB3 doesn’t do normally). That would add serious polish to RB3 Wii.

Atruejedi
                    Participant

I thought I should mention I finally got the RBHP working for the Wii (a few months ago, actually) and I feel like a professional now. The missing link that caused me such a headache was you must actually own the DLC you’re using to spoof the system. If you try to input your own file without actually having the non-existent original, it won’t register and there will be no effect. As soon as I purchased The Kill by 30 Seconds to Mars and tried again, bam, it worked.

Kudos to all involved. Having harmonies in hundreds more songs in my library is a joy and much appreciated.

The data files link on the spreadsheet is dead.

Anonymous

Wii users have enjoyed support for RBHP for over a year now. The process is still much the same as the general guide(which is due for an update soon). This guide will try to go over it with a few changes that should make the process a bit simpler.

Download

You can always find the latest archive on the RBHP spreadsheet. I maintain this, so please let me know if there is a problem with some of the upgrades.

Here is what it should typically look like.

You should also create a folder named sZAE, to keep all this together. Unpack the new RBHP packing tools in there. This has to be separate from the sZFE generation used for packing customs. Don’t mix them up!

Here is what your RBHP packing environment should start to look like.

“Kryptonite” will come with this. As it is, it’s ready to build!

Applying Upgrades

Let’s say you want to upgrade the song “Smooth Criminal”. You’ll find this in the DLC 2009 folder. You should see 3 files: a MIDI, a songs.dta, and an upgrades.dta file.

To add this on to the provided upgrade, first open the “spoof” folder. Find the songs.dta file. This file is necessary because the game reads it first and will ignore the same song’s dta file if it’s found later, ensuring an upgrade.

With both folders open, first open the songs.dta of the song you want to upgrade. Copy it all. Then open the one from the spoof folder. Go to the end (Ctrl+Shift+End), and paste it there. You don’t have to worry about updating the path data. You can fit as many dta files as you want, as long as it’s all under about 500 KB. That’s a couple dozen songs.

Now, go to the “upgrades” folder. Simply drag and copy over the midi in the same place you see the provided midi. Then, just like with the songs.dta file, open the upgrades.dta file of the song you want to upgrade, copy it all, then open the provided upgrades.dta file and paste it at the end. This time though, make sure the path is actually correct or the game will have no way of finding it or may show the wrong one in-game. It’s 003. You can fit many more upgrades inside this one folder. It all has to be under about 500 KB though. It’s roughly 10-15 upgrade midis.

Your files are done!

Building Your Upgrades

If you are only building APP files, then you don’t have to worry about anything that involves wadpacker. For building BIN files, which is more common, make sure that the common-key file is not 0 and that the ng_id file is not 0. This should be done already if you’ve packed customs in the other guide. Run RB3WiiPackTool and then run the packdlc.bat file it created.

You should have the BIN files you need! Put these on your SD card in the sZAE folder. If you are upgrading a song you have not downloaded before, downloading it after the game has read will allow you to play the upgrade right away!

Resetting The Cache

Because your cache is saved after new songs are loaded, it won’t let you replace any previously loaded songs with the new songs.dta built this way. Resetting the cache is easy with WiiXplorer.

You can follow my short instructions on getting it set up and how to erase and or backup your cache this way.

With that done, boot the game and get to the main menu. All your content should load, but if it worked correctly, you should now be able to play your RBHP upgrades!

Special Cases

If you looked at this, look at it again. All songs under the “sZAE” generation are special cases. Trying to load the RBHP songs.dta through the spoof file won’t work in this content generation because oddly, the game prefers the real one every time.

To meet this requirement, RBHP-upgraded sZAE songs come with a .app file pre-built with the upgrade (and even album art) baked in. All these files are completely self-contained to work with the actual song data you should have on your SD card already. More of these are coming soon to complete sZAE.

To use these, refer to the sZAE text file available in every download of the RBHP Wii package. This table tells you which APP file (right) corresponds to which BIN (left). You’ll need to pack these as BIN files by hand, for now. Copy the APP file to your sZAE packing folder. Run wadpacker with these arguments:

wadpacker BIN# 1

In this example, BIN# is 123. Then it should pack just the one file. Remember to copy this along with the automatically generated BINs.

If I missed some, please let me know. It’s important that these stay up to date. If you don’t want to use the self-contained upgrades, you can still get them loaded with the standard upgrade files provided

30 Seconds to Mars’s “The Kill” is also a special case. This guide is overwriting its songs.dta file. If you have the song, it’s recommended you add the RBHP-provided songs.dta file into the spoof file. You won’t get album art or preview audio this way, but the song should be upgradable if you still include its upgrade midi properly.

All American Rejects’ “Move Along” will also be overwritten in this sample setup. But like the example above, you can add its songs.dta file to the spoof and the song should play fine.

Common Issues

Even I keep running into some errors a lot. Here are some of them.

Songs don’t show playable Harmonies.

This tends to happen when there is an issue in your spoof file. If there is a missing parentheses anywhere, it could break all the songs after it. Find out which songs aren’t upgrading and correct the issue. You’ll need to reset the cache.

Songs don’t show playable Keys.

This could be similar to the problem above, but it could also be if I forgot to set the difficulty in the DTA. There’s an issue with copying this part over right now, so this should quickly become a non-issue.

Harmony part show wrong lyrics in-game.

This is likely the result of not modifying the upgrades.dta path correctly. It must read like the one provided: dlc/sZAE/###/content/… With # being the BIN number of the folder it’s in.

Game freezes on loading screen.

When this happens, it could be because the upgrade midi is no longer available. This can happen if the upgrades folder that its contained in gets erased somehow. For example, don’t mix spoof files with upgrades because the game automatically erases the spoof file and everything in it. This can also happen if the songs.dta file is improperly configured for the audio it’s trying to read – more commonly because a keys upgrade doesn’t have audio associated with the part.

Game freezes on menu screen.

After the loading bar appears, the game will freeze at the file it was trying to load. This can happen when the DTA has a mistake such as a missing parenthesis. Go back and find the mistake. I think Notepad++ helps in finding the error.

Getting “Content cannot be restored” error.

This is a broader error, but is referring to a problem with your system files. Based on the input from many users, this could happen because you don’t have your system IOSes updated. Follow the guide at WiiHacks more closely and make sure all the WAD files in Chapter 2 are installed and show up on your SysCheck. This is my SysCheckand it should match that for the most part (IOS223[38+37], IOS249 d2x, etc). This is necessary for allowing fakesigned content to load.

Content does not appear after loading.

If even after loading and everything seems fine, content still isn’t showing up, it could just be some odd glitch Try resetting the cache and taking out some songs from the songs.dta file if you had done that. Check over it again in case of some other error. If you are still trying to load “Dani California” or “Black Hole Sun” without the dta file provided from the RBHP Wii pack, then this would also happen.

Anything else, please ask it here. I know it’s a bit more involved and we’re in need of more time-saving software, but once you get the hang of it, it’s not too bad. I could record another video of the process if that helps.

the link to download the pack it’s unavaiable. can you fix this?

the link to download the pack it’s unavaiable. can you fix this?

Here‘s the link.

Anonymous

Here‘s the link.

thank you!

StackOverflow0x
                          Participant

Here‘s the link.

Thank you.

I’ve updated all the links in the main guide now.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button