[How-To] Playing Customs on PS4 (BETA)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Not this part. I’ve never heard of RB3 on PS4. Please direct me.

it happens that a PS4 version did not come out (even because the game is 2010), I’m saying of the PS3 version that can also be used on PS4.

Maxton
      Participant

RB3 is from PS3

as far as we know the PS4 allows us to play PS3 games.

could you understand?

This is incorrect. The PS4 does NOT allow you to play PS3 games. Only a limited selection of PS2 games are available through emulation.

If you want RB3 customs on PS4, you need to convert them and play them with RB4, as is well described in the first post of this thread.

Maxton
        Participant

Quick update: animations now work properly. To accomplish this, all VENUE tracks are converted to RBN1 format if they’re not already. The game can then read venue data from the midi. Now bandmates don’t freeze at the start of the song and camera and lighting cues are followed.

No additional work is required on your part, the conversion is automatic. You just need to re-convert your songs to PKG.

Quick update: animations now work properly. To accomplish this, all VENUE tracks are converted to RBN1 format if they’re not already. The game can then read venue data from the midi. Now bandmates don’t freeze at the start of the song and camera and lighting cues are followed.

No additional work is required on your part, the conversion is automatic. You just need to re-convert your songs to PKG.

I am so glad that I will able to join in on the fun this week, specifically for this reason.

Now it won’t look and feel so empty up there.

Hi not sure if this thread is dead but I have just got into this, has anyone got a batch file that will run and convert a folder full of .con files into individual pkg files.

My programming skills are zero so I would be grateful to anyone who can help. Thanks.

Hi not sure if this thread is dead but I have just got into this, has anyone got a batch file that will run and convert a folder full of .con files into individual pkg files.

My programming skills are zero so I would be grateful to anyone who can help. Thanks.

I used the following. It doesn’t work with the –scee option though. It looks like the –scee option doesn’t work without the –id and –desc parameters. You can’t leave them blank and have it auto-fill them either.

If you wanted an EU version we’ll have to figure some way to auto generate the ID and Descriptions within the batch script.

@echo off

SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS
          SET me=%~n0
          SET parent=%~dp0

SET /p condir="Enter path containing CON files (With quotes): "
          SET /p pkgdir="Enter export path (With quotes): "

FOR /R %condir% %%G IN (*) do (
          echo ForgeTool.exe con2pkg "%%~fG" %pkgdir%
          ForgeTool.exe con2pkg "%%~fG" %pkgdir%
          )

Echo Done

PAUSE

Does anyone know how to create a PKG file containing multiple songs? I am not looking forward to installing every song 1 at a time!

Update: I used C3 tools to create some CON packs, then converted the CON pack to PKG (Size 92mb, 102mb, 103mb). When I tried installing the PKGs on my PS4, they all failed :-(

But…. I just realized there’s an “Install all” option on the PS4. So I can just batch convert all my CONs to PKG then Install All on the PS4. Easy enough

Upon further testing, seems the PS4 has a limit of 2500 entitlement (I hope this is per game, but never know. Cant really check as Rock Band 4 is the only use of my 5.05 ps4 atm). If you convert your song 1 per package, that’s a maximum of 2500 added songs.

Rock Band 4 also seems to dislike big package, at first I tough it was based on amount of song in pack, but currently testing to see if it’s based on size.

Edit: After more testing, it appears the pak limit is on size, keeping it under 100mb seems to provide working paks. (So about 100mb worth of con files)

JrMan
          Participant

Hi, so I just got a PS4 with 6.72 firmware and I was wondering if the update version required for this is still 2.13 or will it still work on the newer update 02.20

baconaneggs
            Participant

Following this thread – whenever I upgrade to a PS5, i’d like to see if I can get the customs on my ps4.

John Smith
              Participant

Hello. Does anyone have ForgeToolGUI-0.1.163? All links i’ve found are broken

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button