[How-To] Playing Customs on PS4 (BETA)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author

You aren’t doing anything wrong, but maybe something is wrong with the customs you’re using? It could also be something to do with the EU version, which I can’t debug myself. Which songs are you trying, specifically?

Hi Maxton, thank you for the fast answer.

In the meantime, I deleted my RB4 installation and went for a fresh one (with EU 2.13 update included, of course), so I can’t check the songs I previously converted, but I tried another test on my fresh-installed RB4 choosing 3 songs that should work for sure (I’ve seen videos of these on YT):

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/c3-1677-r1415

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/born-to-be-wild-r905

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/im-coming-out-r21854

I got the X360 version for all 3 of them, converted with LibForge 0.1.157.0 (with the “Build for SCEE?” option on), and created the 3 pkg files:

EP8802-CUSA02901_00-CUSULTANSOFS8715.pkg

EP8802-CUSA02901_00-CUSTEPPENWOL5713.pkg

EP8802-CUSA02901_00-CUC3GDRIMCOM0227.pkg

(Also, please notice that “CUSA02901” is the proper ID for my EU version, so theoretically everything is OK.)

After that, I installed the 3 pkgs on my PS4 (5.05, Hen 1.8), booted the game, and got the “found some new songs” message: the songs are in the playlist, but again I can’t hear any audio in the song previews or while playing the songs.

I think the EU version of the game should work too, at least judging from Rocker’s video tutorial, which is using the same “CUSA02901” version I’m using.

I could try installing the fpkg for the US version to test if the problem is related to the EU version, but I haven’t seen any fpkg with the US 2.13 update around, so I wouldn’t be able to update the game.

Is the 2.13 update really required for the custom songs to work? If so, anyone has the US 2.13 update’s fpkg to share?

Again, thank you for your help, much appreciated!

Maxton
    Participant

Ok. I think I found the issue. It’s the reverse issue of what was happening in an earlier build. Your computer has localization settings that tell programs to use a comma instead of a dot by default for a decimal separator, and that’s being written into the DTA files, but DTA files should always use a dot or else there will be type errors and eventually, no audio.

The latest build should fix that.

Hi Maxton, it seems that LibForge 0.1.158 fixed the problem, now everything works fine, thank you!

While we’re at this, some noobish questions:

1. Is the 2.13 game update really required for playing custom songs, or even the 1.00 non-updated version of RB4 would do?

2. Is there any way to remove/delete installed custom songs, other than deleting the whole game and restalling from scratch?

3. Does LibForge work only with custom songs for Xbox 360, or with other versions too (PS3, Wii, Phase Shift, etc…)?

Again, thank you for all your hard work on this!

Maxton
      Participant

Glad to hear that fixed your problem.

To answer your questions:

1. No, the update isn’t required. I just tried a custom on the Blu-Ray launch version, and it did work although the album art was… sparkly

2. Yes, go to “Settings” -> “☆Debug Settings” -> “Game” -> “Add Content Manager” -> “Delete” -> “Rock Band 4” and from there you can choose what to delete

3. It only works with Xbox 360 custom songs, more specifically it is only supposed to work with RB3 customs made with MAGMA C3 edition but it should work with anything that works on RB3/X360.

Can someone try to convert rb2 song export dlc? Or lego rock band export dlc. Will it work?

Maxton
        Participant

Can someone try to convert rb2 song export dlc? Or lego rock band export dlc. Will it work?

No.

Bansheeflyer

No and if there is any more discussion about pirated content or delisted songs the person responsible will be banned.

Sorry to bump this, but it does say “Please report all the issues you run into either in this thread or on GitHub!”

So just gonna dump this here in case it provides some useful data.

Out of about 8 song I tried (all GH:Metallica convert to RB3 custom taken from the database here), 4 of them crashed during the middle of the song. IE: Master of Puppets crashes right at the end of the 2nd solo. It’s not random, it crashes at the same spot everytime, no matter what instrument you are using.

It’s not a full system crash, I can use the PS button to close the game and restart.

I’m running 2.13 (latest patch for 5.05)

Song that have crashed so far are

Master of Puppets
            The Unforgiven
            Fight Fire with Fire
            No Leaf Clover

Song that haven’t crashed so far include Welcome Home, Fade to Black, That was just your life (which always crashed for me on RB3 ps3, but that’s not related)

Edit: Out of the remaining 29 GH:Metallica songs, only 1 more crashed (what are the odds of that after going 4/8). The song is “From Whom the Bell Tolls” and crashes a few seconds in.

And they all work after passing the CON through Midi cleaner in C3ConTool.

And just figured out that the command line tool creates package that will install, but not show up in the game (when finding new song, the counter goes up, but they don’t appear in the song list).

Created a pkg of the same song with the command line tool and the gui tool, and compared the files. There seems to be a lot of difference between them.

Edit: Another problem I found. Any Multitrack song (both Guitar Hero conversion and Original C3 release), the sound track are messed up.

Playing drum:

Missing the Bass Pedal note mutes the whole drum track, and it won’t come back until you hit another bass pedal note.

Missing Red/Snare mutes the Bass track.

Missing Toms or Cymbals (Yellow, Blue, Green), mutes the guitar track.

This is using single converted song via ForgeToolGUI-0.1.163

Tested with a bunch of Guitar Hero: Metallica conversion and one of the latest Multi-Track C3 release (Thin Lizzy – Jailbreak)

While this is not too bad once the drum kicks in and you don’t miss too many notes, intro of song that have no drums are mostly silent.

In case people want to get multi-track song working properly, each drum parts need to be on their own line in the DTA, depending on the drum mix used

example:

(tracks
            (
            (drum (0 1))
            (drum (2 3))
            (drum (4 5))

Upon further testing, seems the PS4 has a limit of 2500 entitlement (I hope this is per game, but never know. Cant really check as Rock Band 4 is the only use of my 5.05 ps4 atm). If you convert your song 1 per package, that’s a maximum of 2500 added songs.

Rock Band 4 also seems to dislike big package, at first I tough it was based on amount of song in pack, but currently testing to see if it’s based on size.

Edit: After more testing, it appears the pak limit is on size, keeping it under 100mb seems to provide working paks. (So about 100mb worth of con files)

Anonymous

I would like to know how to proceed with these customs for RB3, but playing on the PS4.

DemonUnicorns
              Participant

I would like to know how to proceed with these customs for RB3, but playing on the PS4.

1) What

Anonymous

1) What

RB3 is from PS3

as far as we know the PS4 allows us to play PS3 games.

could you understand?

DemonUnicorns
                  Participant

as far as we know the PS4 allows us to play PS3 games.

could you understand?

Not this part. I’ve never heard of RB3 on PS4. Please direct me.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button