[How-To] Playing Customs on PS3

Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 1,262 total)
  • Author

Seems like the only that would fix it (if it does) it a repacking of the song, either by the author with the original files or you can use phase shit files too (though if it’s multitracked an encrypted converting to phase shift will make it lose multitrack)

I dont know how to do that, but thanks!

You can ask the author of the custom song to try and repack it with magma.

JosephKorso
    Participant

I uhm… I have a stupid question.

I’m still unable to put CFW on my PS3, so I’m using the PS3xploit HAN Toolbox for OFW 4.82.

I can get a bunch of RB DLC to work just downloading .pkg from somewhere else, but can’t seem to find a way to .edat to work on this exploit.

I know that “piracy content” won’t be discussed here, but I’m really out of options.

Tons of state-of-the-art custom songs and I can’t even try one to know if it’s worth the effort.

I have never found a way to make any EDAT file work without installing its corresponding RAP file on a OFW 4.81/4.82 console. AFAIK this was possible on an older OFW version, but not anymore. Sadly I don’t own a OFW PS3 anymore for testing so I can’t help with that.

If you do find a way though, please share. This would mean that people wouldn’t need CFW anymore for RB3 customs (Although, this wouldn’t be a straightforward and “fast” way to install songs)

JosephKorso
      Participant

I have never found a way to make any EDAT file work without installing its corresponding RAP file on a OFW 4.81/4.82 console. AFAIK this was possible on an older OFW version, but not anymore. Sadly I don’t own a OFW PS3 anymore for testing so I can’t help with that.If you do find a way though, please share. This would mean that people wouldn’t need CFW anymore for RB3 customs (Although, this wouldn’t be a straightforward and “fast” way to install songs)

Yeah, I thought so.

I don’t know how to create a .rap for a custom either.

So I’m very much stuck for life here.

Thanks for the fast reply though.

The rap file is included with C3 CON Tools (both for NTSC and PAL).

The problem here is not the creation of the rap file but the installation. Custom songs uses the RB2 Free Pack folder and rap file.

JosephKorso
        Participant

The rap file is included with C3 CON Tools (both for NTSC and PAL).The problem here is not the creation of the rap file but the installation. Custom songs uses the RB2 Free Pack folder and rap file.

I’m not sure if this RB2 Free Pack is still available.

The problem with PS3 using the PS3xploit on OFW is that you can explore the folders, but can’t manage files.

For instalation of any custom content, only through package installation.

I think I read some way to resign and build a package from edat files, but still gotta try it.

I saw the NTSC.rap, but I was uncertain if that would be the one mentioned in the tutorial.

Using PS3xploit you should be able to inject files in game folders, I’ve done it before. (It’s been a long time ago, I don’t really recall the process)

You can also try TRUEancestor backup injecter.

The problem was that the game couldn’t unlock the midi file for use because there was no way to install the rap file. The song would show up in the songlist (because the game can read dta file no matter what) but once you select it it would skip the song with a popup.

Both rap files are valid, you just need to rename them before installation (if such thing is possible). There should be a klic.txt or klicense.txt file in the bin folder of C3 CON Tools, it contains the original name of the rap files.

One thing you could try if you already “bought” the RB2 free pack on your account: Inject the songs and do the backup recovery process then once in-game (or anyways, in PSN store) re-download the RB2 free pack, wait for it to unlock and then cancel. It could or could not work, it might just delete the folder too but if not it might just activate the pack, worth the test.

Worth mentionning that this test can be done with any RB DLC you bought with your PSN account as long as you have the rap file and the klicense for it. You can swap the rap file in C3 CON Tools and the klicense in the txt file to use any, these are used to encrypt the midi files.

I’m sorry if this has been discussed before but I couldn’t find a solution anywhere.

I have downloaded a couple of songs to add to my existing library (as usual) and I also decided to remove a couple of duplicates from my songs.dta file. What that resulted in is new songs not showing up at all in-game, even though their entries are clearly in the .dta file (and the quick pack editor recognizes all of them). I don’t have a backed up songs.dta file from before the new songs were added, which I imagine would resolve my issue (however the duplicates would still be there).

Is there a trick to editing the songs.dta file that I don’t know? Why does my game only show SOME of the songs from that file on the song list? Some, to be precise, means all of them but the 4 new songs.

EDIT: I did some research in my DTA file using CON tools and I found that these songs now have song IDs conflicting with my other songs (for some reason). My question now becomes: how do I resolve song ID conflicts?

EDIT: I ended up manually changing the song IDs in the DTA file to increments of the maximum ID value in the file. I don’t know if that’s the proper way to fix conflicts though.

Songs not showing up (especially if they are all your new songs) should mean that there’s a typo somewhere in your DTA. The game will ignore every entry after the typo. Could be as stupid as a missing bracket. Conflincting IDs could be it too, but usually it’s a typo.

The issue was the PS3 songs converter restarted the enumeration (that might be because of something I did wrong along the way) and the new songs conflicted with some of the old songs I had downloaded. After manually increasing the song IDs above the maximal existing values the songs did show up.

NeedDreamer
          Participant

The song before I mean when you open the DTA in a notepad (or any text editor) it’s the entry right before in the order that you are reading it.

Wiz Khalifa – See You Again

I’ve tried removing the song before. And it doesn’t allow this song to show in the library. There are songs after that show in my ps3 library. Curious if there is anyone on ps3 with this song working or even showing in the song library?

Wiz Khalifa – See You Again

I’ve tried removing the song before. And it doesn’t allow this song to show in the library. There are songs after that show in my ps3 library. Curious if there is anyone on ps3 with this song working or even showing in the song library?

Maybe you figured it out already. But I have it working on the ps3 and it shows on my list. Likely an encoding error when you convert from con

MasonPox
            Participant

Does anybody knows if there’s a difference in uploading custom songs to ps3 through FTP and uploading them by USB-Stick ?

There is no difference at all. Placing files in a folder using different methods leads to the same result.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 1,262 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button