[How-To] Playing Customs on PS3

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,262 total)
  • Author
    Gep

The only way I was able to fix my DLC was to bite the bullet and go online just long enough to activate my PS3.

That will fix any DRM issues you might have.

My DLC was giving me the same problem.

I used a version spoofer and psnpatch to do so as safely as possible.

Gep

TrojanNemo

So, like grubextrapolate, I took a look at all my RB song ID’s from my catalog prior to using customs.

I have a little over 1500 songs in my list.

I grep’d for song_id in all songs.dta files.

Here’s what I’ve found

– Several songs with song_id of 0

– Several songs with song_id of 7 digit integers (i.e. 1005xxx, 1006xxx, 1010xxx, 5001xxx)

– Several songs with song_id of 3 digit integers

– Several songs with song_id of 4 digit integers

No leading zeroes were seen in my songs.

The 9 songs in the HMX0756 folder are the 3 digit variety.

If you stick with your custom ID system using our board ID prefix, and filter changes to songs.dta against that prefix and the parameters above, you should be fine for the HMX0756 method of loading customs on the PS3.

TrojanNemo
        Participant

Alright, here we go. Sorry I took so long. I have kinda started on a different, non RB-related programming project and it kinda consumed all my free time last couple of days.

http://keepitfishy.com/d.php?54702ae0e2e7d

That’s an updated v3.5.3 that should:

– allow you to check/uncheck whether you want to batch replace IDs – this will affect whether the IDs are replaced both when converting a CON or when batch merging songs

– when batch merging will now batch replace IDs (if option is checked) – will also tell you how many song IDs were merged and how many were replaced

– will accept numeric IDs from 0 to 9999, as well as 7 and 10 digit numeric IDs – this should cover all official, dlc, and c3 songs with numeric IDs

I ran a few tests on my end and it seems to be working as intended. But it’s 3am, so I’m a bit cross-eyed :haw:

Let me know how it goes.

No joke, lol…. just downloaded the LAST version! :roll: Time to restart! First conversion here I come :ohdear: Trying to follow the directions the best I can, but I am a little unsure about something.

When I place a song into the “Songs to Merge” folder, it should look like this right?

Songs to Merge (Folder Inside)

FF1CCChaos_rb3con_ps3 (Folder)

–>(Inside) ff1ccchaos

–>(Inside) songs.dta

KirbyMidbossTower_rb3con_ps3 (Folder)

–>(Inside) kirbymidbosstower

–>(Inside) songs.dta

Obviously, if I were to not create a folder for each new song placed into the “Songs To Merge” folder the songs.dta would be replaced by the newer song. I want to keep them in separate folders right?

Double post, sorry. I am completely lost.

1) Downloaded C3 3.5.3

2) Tried downloading the PS3 versions of the songs, got no where

3) Downloaded the songcon files of the songs, “PS3 Converter” is more responsive! Wahoo

4) “Merge Songs”, how does one do this? I have 2 test songs inside the “Songs to Merge” folder, and the option to “Merge Songs” within the “PS3 Converter” tool is Merge_Songs_Button.enabled=False. No matter what I try to do, there is no way for me to click it and run “Merge Songs” Function. Trying before CON conversion, nothing. Trying after, won’t even let me click “Tools” on the menu bar.

Help please! The How-To guide is vague and I am trying my best. Failing terribly :sweatdrop:

*edit 1

So… fml, song.dta, sigh… inside “Merged Songs” folder was not present. *Facepalm

*edit 2

First time trying to load the game with 2 custom songs, ff1ccchaos + grassstains. Game freezes on library load =. Will delete and try again, but I think I just suck at this!

*edit 3

So… instead of playing the game from Multiman (the retail disc from Multiman (not installed to the HDD yet)), it failed to Install trophies, which then led to the custom songs not being imported properly… *facepalm

It’s working!

*edit 4

Got customs working on my PS3! wahoo! BUT can anyone tell me why any custom song I play, the vocal tracks (reading) is terribly shaky? They are illegible to read =(

Hi,

I do have installed the Rock band free pack 01 (9 songs) and Muliman installed en FileZilla….but no /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR/HMX0756/songs/….I do have :

/dev_hdd0/game/BLES00886/USRDIR/HMX0756/songs/……???!! and no folder ‘merged songs’

anyone ???

Gep

ninanotte,

run the PS3 converter on CON Tools. This will create the ‘merged songs’ folder on your PC.

Regarding the missing HMX0756, you may want to redownload/install it.

Make sure you are grabbing the correct free pack.

Gep
              Alright, here we go. Sorry I took so long. I have kinda started on a different, non RB-related programming project and it kinda consumed all my free time last couple of days.

http://keepitfishy.com/d.php?54702ae0e2e7d

I ran a few tests on my end and it seems to be working as intended. But it’s 3am, so I’m a bit cross-eyed :haw:

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for this one TrojanNemo!

Thanksgiving Day project for us to test this!

My wife will be most pleased once the saves are working and I ‘finalize’ our customs game save.

Gep

Version 3.5.3 appears to work correctly.

I performed my testing exactly as before with a big load, then an incremental update.

– 642 songs merged w/o altering original hmx 9 pack ID’s. Numeric ID’s assigned during merge correctly. The Daft Punk song that already had a numeric ID was also left alone, as expected, so 641 songs in my custom list were correctly updated to numeric ID’s.

– 29 songs merged to the new songs.dta. Merge assigned numerics correctly, taking up numbering where the previous step finished. HMX songs still left alone as intended.

– The merge and ID data shows correctly in the message box (and is a big help for seeing what the program did :cool: )

The numbering scheme was already tested for its ability to save games, so this version should be good to go!

Thanks so much for looking into this problem. Reliable saves will be a great fix for we PS3 users! :excited:

TrojanNemo
                Participant

Glad to hear it worked. Going to release it then. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Placed 325 songs onto the PS3 and all loaded (Wahoo!). Played 10 songs, all is good! But then…

Decided to play some Rocky Horror “Hot Patootie – Bless My Soul” with Guitar, Drums, and Lyrics (No Mic [just for volume lyrics]). About 10 seconds after the vocals bombed out (no-fail mode activated), the game completely froze on us and locked up the system =X. We turned it off and back on, but haven’t touched it yet. Strange bug that happened, but it only occurred when we hooked up the vocals (without a mic).

Thank you everyone for everything!

hi Gep…thank you very much..i will try to follow your advice

NeedDreamer
                  Participant

Will changing these numerical values on the ids affect the custom pro upgrades or will they still work?

TrojanNemo
                    Participant

Pro upgrades are tied to a song via the ID, so you need to bundle the pro upgrade to the song then convert it to ps3, or manually change the ID of the pro upgrade.

NeedDreamer
                      Participant
                        Pro upgrades are tied to a song via the ID, so you need to bundle the pro upgrade to the song then convert it to ps3, or manually change the ID of the pro upgrade.

So we run our current cashed merged songs through new C3 to change ids to numerical? Then we just have to look through the DTA entries and assign the new numerical id?

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,262 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button