[How-To] Playing Customs on 360

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 178 total)
  • Author

Can an 8GB USB drive be used for Customs? Is that the minimum size?

DemonUnicorns
    Participant

Can an 8GB USB drive be used for Customs? Is that the minimum size?

To my knowledge, there is no minimum size. So yes, an 8GB drive can be used. I have multiple drives I use, and one is as low as 2GB.

Hey guys, does anyone know how to make custom songs for rb3 because I am lost so does any one know if the song Angle of the morning exist because thats the song I really want to play.

TrojanNemo
      Participant

Hey guys, does anyone know how to make custom songs for rb3 because I am lost

No, I am sorry to say nobody in this forum dedicated to making and sharing custom songs for RB3 knows how to make custom songs for RB3. Sorry.

Thats cool, is there any other forum that knows how to make custom songs ?

Sideshow
        Participant

I have a problem where I formatted the drive on my Xbox, as the instructions said, and then when I plug it back into my PC the PC makes a noise like a new device has been added but it doesn’t show up in My Computer. And when I open the C3 Con Tools and do the RBtoUSB option, the drive doesn’t show up in the list of available drives.

I have a problem where I formatted the drive on my Xbox, as the instructions said, and then when I plug it back into my PC the PC makes a noise like a new device has been added but it doesn’t show up in My Computer. And when I open the C3 Con Tools and do the RBtoUSB option, the drive doesn’t show up in the list of available drives.

Has your 360 been updated at all since March 2015? Because if it’s still using a very old version then it’s formatting the flash drive in a special format which can’t be used with C3 Con Tools.

If it’s been updated then I’m not sure what the problem could be. Try formatting it again or see if it’s detected properly on another computer.

Has your 360 been updated at all since March 2015? Because if it’s still using a very old version then it’s formatting the flash drive in a special format which can’t be used with C3 Con Tools.

If it’s been updated then I’m not sure what the problem could be. Try formatting it again or see if it’s detected properly on another computer.

Yeah, my 360 is up to date.

I just saw this other post: http://customscreators.com/index.php?/topic/14832-windows-10-anniversary-update-messes-with-ability-to-view-xbox-360-partition/

I guess it’s something to do with Windows 10 Anniversary Edition that screws it up. Not sure how to get it working again yet… :/

Hey all,

Just now finally updating from Party Buffalo to Con Tools, but I’m having issues opening the program itself. I’m guessing I don’t have it installed correctly. Is there an installation guide I can follow to make sure I’m doing it correctly? Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind just got it, thanks though! Looking forward to the new program!

So I have been lurking for the past few years and have finally found something worth making an account about to post about and I figured that here would be worthy as I needed to fix a corrupted thumb drive. I was using Party Buffalo before but made the jump to C3con Tools. I followed the First Post’s tutorial to the letter and had no problem moving my backed up cache of rb3con files to the new drive. Thank you all for your steadfast dedication to a game that has been out for years. I thouroughly enjoy checking for updates, even those in progress. In my time waiting for the transfer of my backup to the new drive I had an idea to check my xbox 360 hard drive data for any Title Updates in all of the various Rock Band related folders. Per the instructions we delete TU#5. I noticed that with no TU on the Xbox 360 I was able to load the Rock Band Music Store application straight from the hard drive without loading the Rock Band 3 disk. There was a forced update which I accepted. I went through and re-downloaded all of my paid for DLC. After completeing re-downloading all of my paid DLC and a few new songs, the backup was complete to the new thumb drive. Plugged it in to the Xbox 360, started Rock Band 3 and it asks to download TU#5, told it no. Due to the corruption of the last drive, my save file with my scores was deleted and I was asked to make a new save. Okay. 1 Fan… yay starting over…. Anyways. Go into Quickplay and wait for the 1000+ songs to load and it is allowing me to play paid for DLC and Customs together. Figured that I should share this as it may be a much appreciated addition to the First Post.

Edit: Somehow my AC/DC Track Pack data was linked with the corrupt name and will not transfer properly to my fresh install, Going to work on finding a way to retrieve that. Thankfully it was the only of my disc transfer codes that ended up that way.

UPDATE 12/14/2016: After tooling around on the xbox.com website and playing with my previous downloads I got my AC/DC Live track pack back and working.

Had you used TU4 instead of nothing, your save would have been usable, I think.

Glad you got it working, nonetheless!

Yup, never launch RB without a title update or you’ll lose your save file, going between TU4/5 appears to be fine though in my experience across two xboxes, despite what everyone appears to say about it causing the save file to error out.

Hi, so I get how to do everything. got the song to appear on in my game, but once I try to play it, the game says “this disc is unreadable”.

My problem lies in TU5. I looked under all my RB files on my hard drive and don’t see it anywhere. TU4 was there but no TU5. I havent played online in a while, but do play online to update scores and such frequently. I feel like I have it but can’t find it and that’s the problem.

Anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks

Having the same problem only clearing my system cach is not fixing the problem.

eric
          Participant

The download link for CON Tools isn’t working for me

is there another link?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 178 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button