Harmonix & Hasbro present “DropMix”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    MaybeTowelie
    Participant

Ill probably buy it, looks super fun to me. I cant see too many ppl dropping $100 bucks for it though. Seems like $50-$75 would of been a better price range.

Sideshow
      Participant

I can only see this game being in the limelight for a month when it comes out and then it will be forgotten like most video games nowadays. I just really want Rock Band 4 to keep getting updates and for DLC to be more plentiful.

I like the idea, but at the same time, this is sometime I need to really get some hands-on with first BEFORE I consider buying.

And considering the entry price, yeah that’s a tall order.

But Chvrches and A Tribe Called Quest….

I dunno, between the VR games and this, I’m fully aware how outside the target demographic I am now.

Maybe wait for a significant price drop. Or 6-8 months. Whichever comes first.

TheSheepQueen
        Participant

100$ is about 93 euros, but I feel like stores might as well round it at 99.99, that’s kinda lame, recent games like Cards Against Humanity allowed table games to sell more outside of little kids, but I don’t think anyone would be ready to pay that price for something like that, I agree with MaybeTowelie, 50 to 75 bucks would be slightly more “affordable”.

Otherwise, having seen the tracklist and the trailer, I for one think this concept is pretty cool since it appeals to people who listen to MUSIC, not only rock, pop, rap, electro or those who listen to Skrillex (OOPS). I’m actually curious to see how it all works, like the rules and stuff. And of course, being a very open person about music, I’m pretty happy that it’s not one of those games with 50 or so license-free tracks with 40 of them sounding the same, but I’m also worried about something: Do you think re-licensing will apply to this game? And will that make some songs disappear after a while?

hobbzee77
          Participant

Seems to me this game could greatly benefit from Harmonix releasing “full album” card packs

How much fun would it be to have all the tracks from the Beatles RB and be able to megamix them all up ala JiveBunny style only much less crap

Or making f’d up greenday medleys from all their content that’s available

I could definately see myself losing chunks of time obsessing over that sort of gameplay rather than just the mixing together of whatever average random tracks come with each pack.

beard216
            Participant

From what I can tell, it needs more track packs available. Right now (from what my work has had in stock), it’s only got a few specific genres right now.

Jack Cross
              Participant

I got this for $60 at Best Buy about a month ago. I wouldn’t recommend paying more than that. It’s fun to mess around with and hear all the different ways you can mix things. It’s a great thing to show off at a get together, but the actual card battling game leaves a little more to be desired. The way they release track packs is pretty wack. Different parts of songs you want are all spread out. It really is an amazing piece of technology for how seamlessly it blends everything together. I’ve only had a few cards really stick out and not go with anything like the Doctor Who theme.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button