FujiSkunk’s customs! Classic Synths 3-Pack!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author

Gary Brooker’s other song in Rock Band is Procol Harum’s ‘A Whiter Shade of Pale’. Great song choice!

FujiSkunk
    Keymaster

Right you are, Whizzer!

In other news, I discovered after the fact that my releases for “Heartache Tonight” have never had a good venue track. That has been remedied. To those that already downloaded V4, I apologize for the sudden revise, but I made this one even easier. Just download V4 again, drop it over the old V4 and boom, done. And if you’re not concerned about band animations, you don’t even have to download the new V4 at all.

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

Something’s coming…

FujiSkunk
        Keymaster

It’s coming!

Sideshow
          Participant

I did a Beverly Hills Cop Theme custom a long time ago but it never had pro keys. I think somebody did a Miami Vice theme custom as well.

FujiSkunk
            Keymaster

I did a Beverly Hills Cop Theme custom a long time ago but it never had pro keys. I think somebody did a Miami Vice theme custom as well.

I’ll have to plead ignorance about earlier customs of “Axel F”. A search of the customs DB yielded only the Crazy Frog cover, and a search of the forums yielded only requests. I did think it was funny how it seemed no one had tackled the song yet. Any which way, I would say the song really needs to have a pro keys chart! As for the Miami Vice theme, well, let’s just get on with the announcement…

It’s here! It’s the FujiSkunk Classic Synths Pack!

I dedicate this pack to all the die-hards who will give up their RB3 keyboards when the controllers are pried from their cold dead hands!

These three tracks capture three classic tunes from the early days of synthesizers and drum machines, from three pioneers of the electronic music genre. First up is “Axel F”, the theme to Beverly Hills Cop and the reason why a lot of people even knew what a synthesizer and a Harold Faltermeyer could do in the mid ’80s. This song topped a lot of music charts around the world, even the U.S. Adult Contemporary chart! Yep, not even easy listeners could escape Axel F’s spell.

Next is Jan Hammer’s most famous tune… outside of the “Miami Vice Theme” of course. Unlike other famous composers who often only provide a theme and then leave the episode-to-episode musical duties to other lesser known musicians, Hammer stuck around to provide backgrounds for four of the show’s five seasons. The result was an enrapturing display of mid-’80s electronic technology at its most atmospheric. Many of these background tunes were compiled onto Jan Hammer’s own album Escape from Television, but “Crockett’s Theme” was deemed worthy of a spot on the show’s second official soundtrack album, released a year before Escape. Somebody knew what they were doing, because “Crockett’s Theme” became a respectable hit in its own right, especially in Europe where it reached the Top 10 in Germany, Ireland and the U.K., among other countries.

Finally… Say the name Vangelis and the first thing people will think of is “Chariots of Fire”, along with men running in slow motion across a sandy beach. Vangelis actually has been a very prolific composer, much more so than that one big hit would suggest. A few years prior to “Chariots”, Vangelis composed music for a French nature documentary, L’Opéra Sauvage. The tunes were collected onto a soundtrack album that became Vangelis’s biggest seller, at least until that other movie soundtrack came along. “Hymne” introduces Opera Sauvage. Technically speaking there isn’t a lot to the song, but I think that’s the beauty of it. Even a “simple” melody like this one, one even a complete keyboard noob can master in minutes, shows how emotional and enduring music can be.

Now for some technical bits about the game charts: “Axel F” I’m sure breaks keyboard charting rules, because you’ll see notes run down just outside of the highway, before they get snapped in at almost the last moment. I decided that was worth allowing the main riff to be played exactly as it was originally recorded, from a low C to a higher F, just one note beyond the game keyboard’s range of C to E. I at least made sure Magma didn’t complain, so hopefully no one else will either. Elsewhere, the tempo map for “Hymne” might seem a little sloppy in places, but that’s because the original song was rather sloppy to begin with. Instruments don’t always hit the same note at the same time, and often I had to compromise on just where the beat actually landed. I believe the charts still follow the song quite well, enough to keep up the immersion. Just make sure you’re watching closely where those gems actually cross.

Enough of my yacking. Hope everyone has fun with these!

Sideshow
              Participant

Hey, I don’t mind you releasing Axel F. It was my bad to not upload my older version into the database. It’s great to see a Pro Keys version which is what this song is all about. Awesome releases!

samjjones
                Participant

Wow, great pack! Total surprise.

Along with the recently released “Rockit”, there’s a killer set of 80’s synth instrumentals available to play now.

Thanks, Fuji!

FujiSkunk
                  Keymaster

Hey, I don’t mind you releasing Axel F. It was my bad to not upload my older version into the database. It’s great to see a Pro Keys version which is what this song is all about. Awesome releases!

Thank you! For what it’s worth, I certainly would have pinged you first had I found yours beforehand. If you happen to have any other synth-heavy songs in need of a pro keys upgrade, let me know. I might could help, depending on the complexity.

Thanks, Fuji!

You’re welcome!

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button