Events track supposedly missing but it’s not?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    SanicStudios
    Participant
      Magma: C3 Roks Edition v3.3.2
      =============================
      Build started at 21:53
      Bypassing Nemo’s MIDI Validator based on your settings.
      You can enable the MIDI Validator under Options -> ADVANCED SETTINGS
      Loading MagmaCompilerC3.exe…
      Reading the archive
      Project Compiler: Reading project ‘H:Clone HeroSongsCentipede FOR RB3centipede.rbproj’…
      Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 5…
      Metadata Compiler: Starting…
      Metadata Compiler: Done.
      Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 5…
      MIDI Compiler: Starting…
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Track EVENTS required but not found
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Halting validation due to missing and/or extraneous MIDI tracks
      MIDI Compiler: Done.
      ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.
      I have checked REAPER and the events track is perfectly lined up with the rest of the song. Confused. I’ve been trying at this for 2 hours now.
      TrojanNemo
      Participant

If Magma says it’s missing, it’s missing from your exported MIDI file. Double check.

apricot
        Participant

Chances are you probably muted the EVENTS track or might’ve removed the track name

SanicStudios
          Participant

I have checked. All tracks are unmuted. All tracks are named correctly. I just used the C3 RB3 Template

TrojanNemo
            Participant

I can guarantee you that Magma is not missing a properly named and exported track. So either the name is not in the correct format or it’s not being exported. Run the MIDI file through MIDI Analyzer in C3 CON Tools and post what it says.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

Farottone
              Keymaster

Make sure the MIDI you’re compiling is actually the latest version you exported. Post your RPP project+Magma+MIDI if you can’t find a solution and we’ll take a look.

SanicStudios
                Participant

MIDI analyzer says there is no events track. In Reaper the track is just called EVENTS and is above VENUE and BEAT. Also my drum fills have disappeared for some reason.

SanicStudios
                  Participant

I’m actually getting stressed over this. I have tried everything. The name is correct in reaper, everything is setup fine in magma, my midi is fine. WHAT IS WRONG!!!

VreyIsGrey
                    Participant

You see that marker at the very beginning of the “EVENTS” track? Make sure it’s a “Track name” and not a “Text event” by clicking on it.

SanicStudios
                      Participant

Explain?

The thing that says “music_start”?

SanicStudios
                        Participant

i don’t get it

BornGamerRob
                          Participant

No, the actual track. Should be EVENTS. If all you’re seeing is music_start, then you indeed have the exact problem Magma is giving you. Ensure your events track has a track called EVENTS (just like every other track and it should be at 1.1.0) and it’s a TRACK NAME and not a TRACK EVENT. Quicker if you just post your RPP and someone will surely take a looksee.

SanicStudios
                            Participant
                              BornGamerRob
                              Participant

Yup. You have no EVENTS track in there. And you’re going to have other issues as your other events are not labeled properly (your music start, music end and end are not correctly labeled). My best advice is to use another events track from the template and copy it into this file so it will be properly structured.

It should look like below

29116355408_497e2f863a_z.jpg

Then, do NOT remove the events in that track. Just leave them for now until you can get it to compile right. Then you can remove the events that don’t make sense to your song (should be only verses, choruses, etc.).

BornGamerRob
                                Participant

Just glancing at your other tracks, looks like you’re going to have more Magma errors ahead. You have events in areas you shouldn’t have anything, so that will throw an error. See my screenshot below on your drum track.

41178488680_6cf7172cfb_z.jpg

You’ll notice there is a black dot next to “Bank/Program”. The only ones that should have a dot next to them are Velocity and Text Events. All the rest should have no events in them (those markers at the bottom are events). Far will chime in and tell you to use CAT to clean those markers out, but I wanted you to understand what the automated program tool is doing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button