Drihscol’s Show Floor, Alice in Chains, Radiohead, Ween, Failure, Penrose, Jane’s Addiction, Mac DeMarco, Steven Wilson

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Hey, I have a few tracks that are finished/close to finished that I’m polishing to an extra high quality, most of the songs are by very well known artists that are often requested so I thought,

hey might as well release them through C3 (if you’ll let me :sweatdrop:)

Completed

Added OD to all, and venues to Nutshell, Maquiladora, and Push th’ Little Daisies. I’ll be finishing the last 3 venues in the coming few days.

Unless you find any errors in anything, all parts are now final.

If I get spare time in the next week before release I’ll try and add one or two more pro guitar parts, not planning on finishing Drive Home for this pack anymore.

Project | Con |

Full band, all difficulty, has Pro Guitar and Bass. I’m pretty happy with this chart.

Song originally fades out, I used clips from the song, and material I recorded to get an end chord.

Venue finished. Has OD. Songid=1020400001

Project | Con |

Full band, all difficulty. Will not be authoring pro guitar and bass for this one.

Album art taken from single release of high and dry, Wiki Article

Venue Finished, bass tweaked. Has OD. Songid=1020400004

Project | Con |

That one Ween song that people actually know. Venue finished. Has OD. Songid=1020400002

Project | Con |

Venue coming later. Has OD

Project | Con |

Awesome blues track, no Pro G/B for this one either.

Venue coming later. Has OD

Project | Con |

Remembered that I had almost finished this a little while back, so I redid the mix and finished it off.

Awesome track, full multitrack, and really fun on all instruments. The vocals are really explicit, there’s an N bomb dropped pretty early on.

Venue coming later, magma data might not be correct. Has OD

Project | CON |

Finally finished all the instrument authoring for this monster!

Bass animations and OD coming in the next few days.

Project | CON |

The opening track from Mac’s album released in early august, excellent guitar part.

Includes instrumental in project, the guitar part I authored is panned left, and everything else is panned right.

Bass/guitar animations coming in the next few days. has OD.

Farottone
    Keymaster

Time is running out on our releases, when do you think those would be finished or better yet which would be finished between September 4th and September 11th?

Definitely Nutshell, could probably push and do the rest of them, but maybe not Drive Home.

Farottone
      Keymaster

I can commit to taking care of having what you finish released, but we have hard deadlines for the final weeks and we need to have the songs by September 4th/11th (it actually would be the 4th but your songs are usually pretty much good to go).

I’ll get cracking.

Radiohead track is up.

Updated tracks, 3/6 venues are done, all OD is done, all songs now have cons.

updates!

Farottone
        Keymaster

I’ll get to those during this week.

Good to hear.

Farottone
          Keymaster

http://i.imgur.com/KmNdEVc.jpg

On drums, at M128.1.50 you start hearing accents on the upbeat (it may start earlier, check it please). I would author them on the R instead of on the Y, because currently you can clearly hear a different sound while hitting the same pad.

Reductions look a bit too hard. H on drums looks a bit too dense, so does M on guitar (you have a number of consecutive 8th notes in example) and E on guitar (you have quarter notes)

On H3, the Ds sound like C#

Except I think at M88, the As sound off key, are you sure they are not either G# or Bb?

Remember not to have phrase markers touching each other when an OD phrase is involved

Farottone
            Keymaster

http://i.imgur.com/EFCR9UX.jpg

On drums, M103-105, you need crashes coupled with then snares.

On H1, M73.3, the E dips sooner

On guitar, watch out for spots on E where you have more than quarter notes.

Nutshell project

Drums-

Found accent at m128.1.50, it’s a snare hit I missed, the other accents in other bars are accented rimshots, so I only authored snare at 128.1.50.

Reduced Hard slightly.

Guitar-

Reduced Easy (less 4ths in a row) and Medium (less 8ths in a row)

Vocals

The D is a slide up to match the other harmony parts, it looked really wonky without it. reduced duration of all slide ups in harmony sections so note is now even more ‘just for decoration’.

M88 It is off key, but it’s how the vocalist sings the part. This song is requested a lot, and I think vocalists will appreciate the extra challenge to hit that note.

Maquiladora project

Drums-

Added crashes across all difficulties and animations.

Guitar-

Removed the one note that is faster than a quarter note.

Also added OD to drive home, and guitar and bass animations to you’d love her.

Drive home project

You’d love her project

Farottone
              Keymaster

http://i.imgur.com/sERZhJm.jpg

On drums, I had to dig into the mix to get what you assigned to snare, first thing that popped for me is

the bongo-sounding tom, which is a single hit and not a double. However, midway into the song the woodblock-like sound you authored is actually more prominent. Probably not needing any editing, just pointing out, do with it as you wish

On vocals, in the choruses check the position of the + in “come up”, it should slide up earlier and probably as a general rule end earlier, but I haven’t checked every single one of them.

M53, long C for “on”, needs a slide, possibly needs trimming

Actually, can you do a quick pass for slightly too long notes? There are spots like at M55, “ing” and “back +” that should end earlier. With short phrases like this one those can come a difference in getting an Awesome

In the lyrics, you used “th'”, which is accurate but not as readable. In the RBN days readability was usually favoured over accuracy: your call, but remember that easy to read in a game setting is important.

Farottone
                Keymaster

http://i.imgur.com/xxXKUFj.jpg

There are spots on guitar where I don’t hear all the notes, in example at M93, where it sounds like quarter notes only

On drums, are you sure the quarter notes on toms are one handed? I’m confident I can hear 2 booming sounds

On drums, M50 to 64, no hi hats on Easy, by design?

On vocals, consider authoring the overdubbing right before the harmonies kick in in the choruses. I usually don’t and I would suggest not to, but in this case it’s pretty clear when the second voice kicks in and right after that you have proper harmonizing. Up to you anyway.

Not hearing the side up the in G-G# instance at M43

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button