Custom Songs listed as Demo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Cody
    Participant

Hey I’m having the problem where any custom songs or most RBN songs are being listed as demo and will only play for 30 secs in RB3. All other DLC seems to work just fine. Any advice?

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

Deleting your song cache might help, as suggested here:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/971478-rock-band-3/57434935

Note you will lose high scores for any custom that doesn’t have numeric song ID.

If that doesn’t work, I know others here have seen this issue before, so a forum search might help.

Cody
        Participant

Ok I have spent about 10+ hours researching and testing out a bunch of stuff and I’ve made some progress. I will give as much info as I can in case anyone has this issue in the future or can help further. First I am using a RGH Xbox and I’m using my day 1 disc copy of RB3, which is not holding up to well. When I started most DLC wasn’t working and would get into a endless loop when loading songs. There is what is called RB3 coronafix TU4 which fixes this issue.

So DLC was working but RBN and customs were being listed as demo. I have not worked on RBN songs yet but wanted to see if I could get the customs workings. Deleting song cache did nothing. There is ability to unlock DLC but that wasn’t the problem here as customs are saved games and not true DLC. I found very few posts about this, one thread on here the person said they had to use a different disc for the game and it worked. https://rhythmgamingworld.com/forums/topic/jtagrgh-doesnt-work-custom-songs/page/2/

Well I only have the one copy so that was out of the question. I found a partial solution. I took one of the customs and changed the origin from (ugc_plus “Rock Band Network”) to (rb3 “Rock Band 3”). This got the song to work and was no longer listed as a Demo but it seemed to have broken the camera changes during the song. So that is where I’m at right now. Any other advice is welcomed.

Cody
          Participant

A few other nuggets, I have converted the customs from CON to LIVE and they stay as Demo.

I delete my song cache each time just to make sure that isn’t the issue. I did find that if I add a song that I changed to origin rb3, scan for that song, then delete it and add the OG ugc_plus version and don’t delete my song cache it plays but the song will have the missing camera edits. But if I delete my cache and scan again it will come back up as Demo.

My gut is telling me it might have something to do with that RB3 coronafix TU4 that is forcing those songs to be listed as demos, but that is beyond my understanding.

Cody
            Participant

Well I hit a wall. I used the dark arts and tried 4 different versions of RB3.
              1. My RB3 that I patched with TU4 Corona Fix
              2. A RB3 iso that I patched with TU4 Corona Fix
              3. A RB3 iso that came pre patched with the TU4 Corona Fix
              4. A RB3 iso with TU5 that I patched with TU5 corona fix (this version doesn’t work with CON files but it does with LIVE)

No luck, all of them list RBN and Customs as Demos. I was even able to get the TU5 version on live to see if that would unlock them and no luck.

As I stated before if I edit the dta settings and change the game origin to anything other then the rock band network, the songs play but all the in game camera cuts are broken and you only get one static shot looking at the band.

So I don’t know where to go from here, I have no clue how to stop RB3 from flagging RBN and Custom songs as Demos.
              Only other option I can think of is if there is some way to edit the custom songs where I can change the origin and not lose all the camera edits.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Cody.
              FujiSkunk
              Keymaster

Only other option I can think of is if there is some way to edit the custom songs where I can change the origin and not lose all the camera edits.

MiloMod might help you with that one. That would be a lot of work though, to do your entire collection.

Cody
                Participant

Got an update on this, the MiloMod does work to fix the issue. You can only use it on some RBN DLC unfortunately. The good news is I only have like 10 RBN songs so I’m not missing out on much. It does fix all the custom songs so that is a big relief.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button