Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only.
C3 releases for February 28, 2014:
New! The Cure C01 5-pack (DeathThreatUK and EvilCornbread)
- The Cure – “Boys Don’t Cry”
- The Cure – “The Hanging Garden”
- The Cure – “The Love Cats” (+Nyxyxylyth)
- The Cure – “Lovesong”
- The Cure – “Lullaby”
New! School of Rock 10th Anniversary Pack (DVDSmith)
- No Vacancy – “Fight” (+drummerockband)
- No Vacancy – “Heal Me, I’m Heartsick”
- School of Rock – “School of Rock”
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass, a blue M denotes full multitracks, and a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals).
It’s that time again — time to release a band pack that Harmonix never got around to! The Cure is one of rock’s most famous and influential bands, and we’re happy to host this pack, which has been kicking around our internal forums since November 2013! We’re also celebrating the movie School of Rock this week, which released to DVD ten years ago this weekend.
Why should you download these tracks? I’ll let DVDSmith sell his pack to you himself:
Hey gang! DVDSmith here, with three songs that are bound to test your head, and your mind, and your brain, too. They all come from the Jack Black movie “School of Rock”, which was released on DVD in the US ten years ago this Sunday. School of Rock is one of my favourite movies, and together with drummerockband we’re here to give you a pack of the three major original songs featured in the movie.
For those who haven’t seen the movie, or don’t remember it, let me sum up the plot for you. Jack Black plays Dewey Finn, a struggling guitarist who is kicked out of his band, No Vacancy, after a performance of “Fight” that ended in a failed stage dive. To pay the rent, Dewey takes a job as a substitute teacher at a local school, where he discovers that the class he’s teaching are gifted musicians and great singers. So, he rips up the school curriculum and starts teaching the class about the history of rock music, and forms a new band with them – the School of Rock. Complete with a song called “School of Rock”, the band make their way to the local Battle of the Bands, where they compete against several other bands for a record deal – and among them are No Vacancy, Dewey’s old band, playing their new anthem “Heal Me I’m Heartsick”.
If you haven’t seen it, I definitely recommend it – it’s one of Black’s best films, really funny with an amazing soundtrack that helped 14-year-old me discover great artists like Led Zeppelin, The Ramones and Stevie Nicks. And if you have seen it…just watch it again. After all, it’s infinitely quotable.
Until next time, friends. LET’S GET ROCKIN’!
And why should you download The Cure pack?
- “Boys Don’t Cry” – This song was on-disc in the original Rocksmith, and has awesome guitar and bass hooks
- “The Hanging Garden” – Explore a very different aspect of The Cure’s sound with this track and its super catchy bassline
- “The Love Cats” – How about yet another different sound — jazz hooks and scat vocals?
- “Lovesong” – You’ve probably heard this song before (it’s one of The Cure’s most famous), and it’s sure to be a karaoke hit at parties
- “Lullaby” – This song wraps up our huge stylistic variety this week with a very, very creepy vibe and a relaxed disco beat on drums
See you next Friday!