you got to love Craigslist! check this out.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    TrojanNemo
    Participant

I didn’t really enjoy the shape of it when on the Wii, so I never got it on the Xbox. Now I regret it. I much prefer the GH5 guitar, as I’ve said before.

Anyways, here’s a side shot of my little corner on the wall my wife “allowed me” to use for RB stuff:

And I wasn’t kidding about the (tiny) storage space, just put this in today to start:

Wow after reading this I feel like I got ripped off for buying the Rock Band 2 Drums with the re-in forced kick pedal for $30.

Don’t know if this is a good place for this question or not but the discussion is related to it so I will ask here. I currently have the Rock Band 2 drums with the triple cymbal expansion kit. Is there any difference between what I have and the Rock Band 3 drums? Is the kick pedal, brains or the pads any better on the Rock Band 3 drum kit?

Responded to a Craigslist ad earlier giving away a barely-used RB2 kit (with sticks and pedal), RB2 mic, RB2 strat, and GH2 Xplorer. Cleaned them up, about to try them out.

TrojanNemo
      Participant

Good question. I have never seen the RB3 drums in person or used them, so I can’t say from experience. But with all other equipment from RB1 to RB2 the instruments improved in quality, sensitivity, noise. So I would expect the same from the RB3 drums. I can say I don’t notice a difference between the RB2 and The Beatles drums though.

TrojanNemo
        Participant
          Responded to a Craigslist ad earlier giving away a barely-used RB2 kit (with sticks and pedal), RB2 mic, RB2 strat, and GH2 Xplorer. Cleaned them up, about to try them out.

Yes. Yes. Hoard my children. Hoard. :excited:

When nobody else has instruments to play, I want to know deep in my body that fellow C3 players still have backups and backups of instruments :dance:

I don’t think I’ll be running out of drums/drum parts any time soon.

TrojanNemo
          Participant

Awesome. Next time my wife says I have a problem I will show her this.

It’s only a problem until I’ve got 30-something people over my place playing Rock Band and other games.

Then it’s an entirely different problem (space).

TrojanNemo
            Participant

Looking at the picture again I realized how much of a snob I’ve become. I started with GH WoR as my first rhythm game. I used to LOVE, absolutely LOVE, the GH drums. They felt so sturdy and quiet compared to the RB1 ones I had tried. Now when looking for bargains I never even consider it unless it’s RB2 or newer drums.

I scored a full RB2 set this week on CL for $80. Excellent shape wireless guitar and drums, mic, and the RB2 disc plus a Beatles disc.

Looking at the picture again I realized how much of a snob I’ve become. I started with GH WoR as my first rhythm game. I used to LOVE, absolutely LOVE, the GH drums. They felt so sturdy and quiet compared to the RB1 ones I had tried. Now when looking for bargains I never even consider it unless it’s RB2 or newer drums.

I’ve never properly used the GH drums. I say properly because I sat down at a store demo set to try it, to find out three of them didn’t work.

I’ve been told that’s pretty accurate for them.

TrojanNemo
              Participant

And I just sniped a WoR guitar on eBay from two guys who went back and forth for a while. Then 20 seconds before end of auction bam, I took it. Ended up paying $49.88 but with free shipping and including another copy of the game. More than I want to pay for things but this one I just haven’t even seen it for sale anywhere locally, not even overpriced.

EDIT: MiltoniousPrime I totally blame you for this expense :-D

Spindoctor
                Participant
                  And I just sniped a WoR guitar on eBay from two guys who went back and forth for a while. Then 20 seconds before end of auction bam, I took it. Ended up paying $49.88 but with free shipping and including another copy of the game. More than I want to pay for things but this one I just haven’t even seen it for sale anywhere locally, not even overpriced.

EDIT: MiltoniousPrime I totally blame you for this expense :-D

nice scoop Nemo, I would pay that much for that guitar alone without even hesitating. Just glad I didn’t show you my stash so you could blame me, hehe

TrojanNemo
                  Participant

Please do share. We need to make equipment hoarding a thing. It’s the only way the game will live on in the long term.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 168 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button