Xbox refuses to recognize Rock Band 3 after tampering with save files

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    VreyIsGrey
    Participant

So I recently tried to use the Save File Image Extractor to add in my own custom art to the game, but I messed up countless times, and now my Xbox doesn’t even recognize it anymore. The CD in the main menu doesn’t say “Play Rock Band 3”, and when I try to play it, it gives me a “Disk is unreadable” error.

Has this happened to anyone else or is it a coincidence and these two things are completely unrelated?

Either way, I’m pissed off. I need some help, please. I don’t wanna lose this game.

save file wouldnt affect the game booting to begin with.

check for scratch ..and check the center ring doesnt have a crack

cleverest
      Participant

Yeah it’s not the save game causing this….can’t see how it would

NotRocker1999
        Participant

I have been sent pictures of your disc that was posted in the C3 discord. I notice that it has the infamous “circle scratch of death”. This usually occurs when the disc is in the console, the console is on, and the console is tilted. This happens because the disc scratches up against the lens of the disc reader or some mechanism of the drive and causes a massive round scratch. This always happens with pre slim models. Early slim models can do this, but it’s not common. This scratch is not fixable and requires buying a new disc.

BornGamerRob
          Participant

This happens because the disc scratches up against the lens of the disc reader or some mechanism of the drive and causes a massive round scratch. This always happens with pre slim models.

and that is why i basically have GLUED my xbox 360 to the shelf. that whole thing scared the bejesus out of me when i heard about that the first time.

This can’t possibly be related to your save file. It might actually be your disc lol

VreyIsGrey
            Participant

Yeah, after Rocker told me the issue, I later found out the problem. I just got worried whenever these two things happened within hours of each other.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button