Whizzer’s Custom Production Room

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Time for an update here. Three songs have come out of WIP phase, ‘The Raven That Refused to Sing’, ‘Hand Cannot Erase’ and ‘Routine’.

The tempo map of ‘Luminol’ has been taken care of. Turns out gradually changing tempo is not supported by Rock Band 3. The drum chart saw lots of minor fixes. Not sure what I thought I was hearing before.

A few songs had incorrect metadata (album name and song id). They have been taken care of. I recommend manually deleting them from your library from within Rock Band 3, before putting the new ones in.

Still mostly drums only. Several tracks have seen minor updates to the charts.

I expect ‘The Pin Drop’ and ‘Perfect Life’ to be released next.

The goodies can be found here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/mz4q3az38go90/RB3_WIPs

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pqy49frakx9fx08/AAAbdsJeVBtdID3KdSvczWiDa?dl=0

Should I post WIP visualization pictures?

I would like feedback on anything you wish to tell me about. Tempomap, overall chart, placement of overdrive, drumfills, anything else that stands out, please let me know, with suggestions to improve if possible! I’d also appreciate to hear anything you think is really good.

nsw1-6
    Participant

Great to see more Prog, especially from Mr. Wilson!

Good luck, and you’ll get the hang of it eventually. Prog can be hard if you don’t nail down the tempo the first time. I’ve had it happen to me before. Sometimes looking for the time signature helps, but can also make it more confusing.

The problem with the tempo map was due to my early techniques, which included mapping separate sections and then filling in the gaps between them that were harder to figure out. Despite showing no tiny measures in between, after exporting the midi and importing it back in, suddenly there is a new, full sized, measure, kicking the rest of the song one measure out of sync.

Most of Steven Wilson’s songs don’t feature unusual time signatures. He’s a big fan of 5/4 and 7/4, but that’s about it. Several long songs are almost entirely in 4/4. The initial trouble mostly came from transitions, quiet sections and such. But I think I’ve managed quite well in the end. Had a lot of fun and some frustration figuring out this stuff myself, rather than asking here.

I’ve managed to fix it for most of those early songs and won’t ever tempomap this way again, but I might have to redo this one. Unfortunately, it’s the longest song. Oh well, live and learn. And I’ve definitely learned from my mistakes.

rezavakili
      Participant

Visualization pictures are appreciated. I have no idea which songs u r working on from the download page. Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button