Which songs have Bass Solos ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    SpeedPants
    Participant

since it was a RBN1 song, bass solos didn’t exist yet, but Cenauraphobia by Chaotrope has a bass solo

SpeedPants
      Participant

Black Arrows by Manowar is just a bass solo

ataeaf
        Participant

Also Broke Down on the Brazos by Gov’t Mule is a RBN1 song but it has a bass solo.

yaniv297
          Keymaster

Quite interestingly, the song I’m releasing today has a bass solo. And it’s my first one ever!

Since it’s already been guessed at the trivia, I guess I can reveal it too – “JC Hates Faggots” by John Grant. Don’t get scared away by the title, it’s a beautiful personal song about how Grant (whose gay) was raised at an ultra-conservative house who taught him he’ll go to hell (the title is a quote from his parents). And it has some really awesome bass, and a solo!

ataeaf
            Participant

My new custom of “This Way” by Saturday Night at the Apollo has a bass solo, though it’s like the ones in By the Way by RHCP and the Rock Band Blitz/RB3 DLC version of Spoonman where it’s just the main riff.

My new custom of “This Way” by Saturday Night at the Apollo has a bass solo, though it’s like the ones in By the Way by RHCP and the Rock Band Blitz/RB3 DLC version of Spoonman where it’s just the main riff.

No offence and I appreciate the work, but I really think things like Spoonman shouldn’t have bass solo tags/sections if it’s the same riff as they play in other sections. I know Harmonix laid the precedent but it always annoys me lol

JDK_13
              Participant

I kind of agree with that. Songs by artists like The Mars Volta and Primus are more likely to have bass solos/complicated bass lines. The bass tends to stand out a lot more.

Spastic Ink – Eighths is Enough

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button