What caused the downfall of RB & GH?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Dangus
    Participant

I would definitely say for the general public the price and that it was a fad.

Just like Fortnite will be a fad in a year or so.

The price of RB was too much though for most casual players of the game. Not to mention the older RB instruments weren’t made well at all. I went through over 8 drum kits in my RB2 days.

The Unholy Trinity of DJ Hero/Band Hero/GH:VH (’nuff said)

And RB3 introduced pro-instruments. I would’ve bought the game, but hell, I already had a real guitar and several keyboards. Why play that shit on plastic when I can grab some tabs/sheet music and play it myself?

To be honest, I also own a keyboard and simply bought the MIDI adapter to be able to play with my own.

Though if you’re on xbox and need one right now… good luck.

Dangus
      Participant

Rock Band 4:

-Lack of keys, we’re not a lot but we exist

-Not many people had a PS4/Xbox One at the time of release compared to now

-DLC was too focused on modern music for a while and people are never happy and want some free Led Zeppelin or whatever

-Previous controllers were not compatible on Xbox

-Nothing really new outside of freestyle

-Litteraly nobody cares about Rock Band VR it seems (VR is understandable as a headset is very expensive)

-DLC has featured several keys heavy songs, which brings me to the modern music and keys points”

– Lack of keys, Modern DLC, less console owners, VR… none of those are why RB4 failed. RB4 failed because they decided to take the route of “Oh we’ll patch in features from previous games in later as “new features” ” .

Keyboard didn’t do as well as the RB-enthusiast want to think it did. Most people didn’t even know RB3 existed that I tried to bring RB up about. Leaderboards for keyboard were so dead too.. I remember thinking “Wow I’m good I placed #50 on the leaderboard” and i’d go look at there’d only be about 400 total submissions (most probably repeats from other songs.. not new faces) if that.. on POPULAR tracks.

Modern DLC is to appeal to casuals since casuals these days mostly listen to radio rock and pop.

Less Console Owners would make sense if the casuals actually cared about the genre to begin with.

VR no sense at all of why RB4 failed. VR shouldn’t have happened though. It was a dumb idea and a waste of development money. Will agree with that.

VR no sense at all of why RB4 failed. VR shouldn’t have happened though. It was a dumb idea and a waste of development money. Will agree with that.

Occulus financed the RBVR development, so there was no wasted money from HMX on that end.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button