Vocal Track not Registering in Game

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BornGamerRob
    Participant

I’m brain dead from all the research and tutorials I’ve looked at, so my question is not for not trying…

I have charted the vocals as the tutorial showed, placing the correct notes on the correct note marker, ensuring the phrase markers, overdrive and lyric markers are set to perfection.

Ran a test of the midi file and received results that there is a midi track for vocals (and drums):

So then I:

1. Run through Magma with no errors.
      2. Export the CON file properly.
      3. Boot it up in game.

aaaanndddd no vocals (only drums, which is also stated as being found in the midi)

I also noticed that even though I changed the difficulty bubbles in Magma, the difficult still remains from my original selection for the drums.

I’d really love to get the vocals working in the song as I spent a lot of time charting them.

Any ideas???

MrPrezident

Are the vocal tracks muted in reaper when you export?

Do the vocal tracks have the correct starting markers (PART_VOCALS, HARM1, etc) at 1:1:00 ?

You don’t have to go all the way to the game to test, you can test with either the C3 Con Tools Visualizer (if there’s a vocal part it will show up there) or do what I do, use cPlayer as your alpha test platform. I can catch most of the simple issues by just playing the custom in cPlayer and watching the output closely.

My suggestion is to post the RPP so an author can have a peek at it.

Keeping the content Canadian since 2017!

SomeOldGuys: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/someoldguys
        MrPrezident: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/MrPrezident

BornGamerRob
        Participant

First off, thank you for responding. Really appreciate the community and the support.

In response:

I am only exporting with PART VOCAL unmuted. The rest of the vocal tracks I mute. Am I supposed to do something with the HARM1 track? I didn’t see that in the tutorials or I missed it.

The PART-VOCALS was in the template file I used and I left it untouched. I checked and it is indeed at 1:1:00.

RPP file below:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=1377390

BornGamerRob
          Participant

Visualizer’s cool. Thank you for alerting me to that tool.

Unfortunately it confirms that there is indeed a vocal part. But when loading that same CON file over to play, it’s not registering there is a track in the game itself.

Maybe it’s not the authoring that is the issue. It’s the game itself. Ugh.

Farottone
            Keymaster

Did you previously load in game a drums only version of the same song with the same song ID?

BornGamerRob
              Participant

Yes.

Dash Riprock
                Participant

Then you’ll need to either delete and rebuild your cache, or compile your CON with a new File Name and SongID.

BornGamerRob
                  Participant

Clearly I overthought this. =-)

Thank you so much for all your quick and helpful responses, and quite frankly, this entire project.

[EDIT] Just in case anyone stumbles across this thread one day. I was able to overwrite a single track (drums in this case) and have it update without changing the file name and version or even rebuilding the cache. That’s what gave me my false sense of security.

The midi data can indeed be easily updated. The game reads it from the file it has access to. Song information, however, is read into the song cache and it is not updated upon starting the game. That’s why the vocals didn’t show up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button