Vocal harmony phrases overlapping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sideshow
    Participant

So I’m getting these errors in Magma and was wondering if somebody could help me

Whats going on is that I have a girl doing backing vocals in Harm 2 and then I have a dog barking in Harm 3. These parts are playing simultaneously. Not sure if I want to keep the dark barking but I just wanted to see how it looks in game. I thought maybe using the “$” sign symbal would work but maybe I’m not doing it right.

Also when I completely take out the dog barking phrases in Harm 3 Magma gives me an error “Vocal notes at the end of last phrase are being discarded” for Harm 2. I dont understand why its doing this when no other phrases in Harm 1 and Harm 3 are overlapping Harm 2 at the very end?

Farottone
      Keymaster

Are all HARM3 notes covered by HARM1 phrase markers?

Sideshow
        Participant

No I didnt put the dog barking on Harm 1 at all. I kinda just wanted it to be a Harm 3 part only. Are you suggesting I need to copy the Harm 3 dog barking parts to Harm 1?

In fact HARM 1 is completely blank with no singing when HARM2 and HARM3 are doing there parts simulaneously at the end. I’m also making the HARM3 parts talkies. So the song ends with just HARM2 and HARM3 singing.

Farottone
          Keymaster
            No I didnt put the dog barking on Harm 1 at all. I kinda just wanted it to be a Harm 3 part only. Are you suggesting I need to copy the Harm 3 dog barking parts to Harm 1?

In fact HARM 1 is completely blank when HARM2 and HARM3 are doing there parts simulaneously at the end. I’m also making the HARM3 parts talkies.

I didn’t say notes, I said phrase markers. Any note on HARM2 and HARM3 needs to be covered under a HARM1 phrase marker.

espher
            Participant

HARM1 phrase markers need to cover notes on H1, H2, H3.

HARM2 phrase markers need to cover notes on H2, H3. If H2 and H3 are singing different parts, you can line the phrase marker start/end points up with whichever of the two phrases is not hidden.

Sideshow
              Participant

Thanks for the help guys. I got the errors to go away. Not having phrase markers on Harm 1 and Harm 2 for the Harm 3 parts were causing the issue as well as my Harm 3 phrase markers were too small and it was causing Magma to spit out errors.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button