Venue Freeze-Frame?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kemiroch
    Participant

I’m looking for a way to ‘pause’ the video (like a freeze-frame effect), which I assume, were it possible, would be in the Venue track. Is it possible? Or if not, a way to fudge it?

Thanks.

atupomaruru
      Participant

Check the authoring docs on Camera and Lights. space_whoosh is worth looking into, it feels kind of like an image being paused as the whoosh effect enters. Another way to achieve a similar effect is by using blackout together with desat_posterize_trails – if timed correctly, the afterimage will persist for about a second due to the trails.

If you want to actually freeze the venue track for a long time, you could remove the BEAT notes for a section to slow the tempo down enough that you won’t see any animation. Do note that this will effect gameplay since overdrive will last forever during that section so plan overdrive phrases accordingly.

TheSheepQueen
        Participant

You need to enter an effect called [record_scratch], then [freeze_frame], then add “Yup, that’s me, you’re probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.” in the main vocals, should work.

BornGamerRob
          Participant

You need to enter an effect called [record_scratch], then [freeze_frame], then add “Yup, that’s me, you’re probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.” in the main vocals, should work.

It’s also critical to ensure you have an event directly after or it could potentially throw errors in Magma. So be sure to include

[screen_wipe] then [zoom_in] then [unfreeze], and add to the vocal track, “It all started with a guy, a girl, a donkey and way too much alcohol…”

Kemiroch
            Participant

Thanks!

I ended up using the space_woosh and it does exactly what I want. Just need to perfect the timing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button