Twilight Zone customs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sideshow
    Participant

I was able to find two Twilight Zone songs from two different bands. Golden Earing and Rush. The problem is that if you put both of these songs on the same hard drive, RB3 will only show one song in your setlist. Some other customs that do this as well are metallicais1337 – Hybrid Symphony First Movement and Third Movement. How do I go about fixing these customs so I can have them all show in my setlist?

espher
      Participant

Crack them open, look at the songs.dta.

If they have the same song ID and/or “short name” (the name at the top of the file), change them so they differ.

Re-inject the fixed songs.dta and repackage the file.

I was able to find two Twilight Zone songs from two different bands. Golden Earing and Rush. The problem is that if you put both of these songs on the same hard drive, RB3 will only show one song in your setlist. Some other customs that do this as well are metallicais1337 – Hybrid Symphony First Movement and Third Movement. How do I go about fixing these customs so I can have them all show in my setlist?

Is that Golden Earring track full band? I’d love to know where you got it if it is.

Farottone
        Keymaster

Take this, I’ve fixed vocals a while ago and it has a proper prefixed song ID:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ntkk3fl43ch5da

Sideshow
          Participant

Is that Golden Earring track full band? I’d love to know where you got it if it is.

Its drums only. I found it in Blitzbob’s expert pro drum thread on the Frets of Fire forums. There are quite a few drum songs in Blitzbob’s thread that arent on the main custom google doc. Link for song

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ghthbuhbeou3dh

Thank you Farottone! Both songs now show up in the library. :dance:

Thank you for posting this! Was this up on an obvious place?

I thought at this point I’d found most of the threads out there with songs I don’t have.

Besides here, Xbox360ISO’s DRM & JTAG forums, and occasionally scorehero,

where else are there threads that I might be missing?

I feel like there’s only a few that I’ve heard about the song existing, but never actually located it.

Cake – Short Skirt/Long Jacket is one I’ve seen mentioned more than once, but never seen it turn up.

A couple are dead links, like some of the AC/DC songs on the spreadsheet,

but I haven’t seen them put up anywhere else.

So am I missing any threads, old or new, that have some customs I might have overlooked?

Thanks!

Farottone
            Keymaster

Thank you for posting this! Was this up on an obvious place?

I thought at this point I’d found most of the threads out there with songs I don’t have.

Besides here, Xbox360ISO’s DRM & JTAG forums, and occasionally scorehero,

where else are there threads that I might be missing?

I feel like there’s only a few that I’ve heard about the song existing, but never actually located it.

Cake – Short Skirt/Long Jacket is one I’ve seen mentioned more than once, but never seen it turn up.

A couple are dead links, like some of the AC/DC songs on the spreadsheet,

but I haven’t seen them put up anywhere else.

So am I missing any threads, old or new, that have some customs I might have overlooked?

Thanks!

I never posted the new version, I’m just redoing vocals for my old Rush stuff for me and my wife. If/when someone volunteers to do lower difficulties I’ll definitely try to make all those songs full band and re-release them.

As far as having a number of sources to check, we’re working on that. As we’ve always said, we want to have a single point of reference for all things customs. A tutorial on how to do customs will be ready hopefully next week or the week after that, and then we can concentrate on how to unify all those other customs too. It doesn’t make sense not to have a single point of reference for all customs that you can search and from which you can download…

Ah! My apologies, I thought it was the Golden Earring song that you posted.

I’m definitely aware of your Rush thread and your other customs.

Do you by any chance have the Golden Earring one or know where it lives?

Or the Cake song?

Sideshow
              Participant
                Ah! My apologies, I thought it was the Golden Earring song that you posted.

I’m definitely aware of your Rush thread and your other customs.

Do you by any chance have the Golden Earring one or know where it lives?

Or the Cake song?

Look at the 5th post in this thread. I posted the Golden Earing drum only song. You can find those AC/DC songs among many other customs on the Frets of Fire forums. Search RB3 Customs and filter topics. Good luck!

My apologies.

My confusion was that I thought Farottone posted a Full Band version of the Golden Earring Twilight Zone.

MFX
                Participant
                  My confusion was that I thought Farottone posted a Full Band version of the Golden Earring Twilight Zone.

Truth is false and logic lost, now the fourth dimension is crossed…

Nyxyxylyth
                  Participant
                    Truth is false and logic lost, now the fourth dimension is crossed…

“Age of Aquarius” confirmed!

Just kidding – there’s no way I’d do that before “Macarthur Park”.

MFX
                    Participant

The missus heard me playing the Golden Earring drum-only version last night and was very disappointed that there were no vocals. If nobody else is planning on adding them, it looks like I may have to do it myself…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button