Trying to make RBA in Magma, getting this error….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Wasn’t sure whether to post this here on in the Authoring sub-forum but I chose here since this is a WIP. I am trying to make an RBA file in Magma and I thought I had at least gotten everything working in Reaper enough to use the “Export to MIDI” option to see what kind of errors I get when I use the MIDI tester in the newest version of Magma 2.0 C3 Edition. However, when I run the MIDI tester I get this error:

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Multiple tracks share the name EVENTS

Now when I choose the Export to MIDI option in Reaper it says it wrote 8 tracks out to the MIDI which, based on my Reaper project, I assume were:

PART DRUMS

PART BASS

PART GUITAR

PART VOCALS

EVENTS

VENUE

BEAT

COUNTIN

My song doesn’t have hamronies or keys so those were not included. I noticed that the EVENTS track has a “Text Event Track name” named EVENTS at the beginning and my COUNTIN track has the same “Text Event Track name” named EVENTS. Is this what’s causing the error? I didn’t think so at first because the actual tracks were named EVENTS and COUNTINT but they have an individual event in them named EVENTS. If so, how do I get around this as I figured I needed to leave both of those in there as I thought they were from the template. Thanks in advance!

TrojanNemo
    Participant

Count-in is not a MIDI track. If you’re getting that error, it is because you are exporting more than one EVENTS track. move your event track up or down in REAPER, is there another one under? That’s most likely your problem. That, or another track also has EVENTS as the track name.

Farottone
      Keymaster

Why people are not using our template is something I will never understand. Track name errors are really so easy to do away with.

Count-in is not a MIDI track. If you’re getting that error, it is because you are exporting more than one EVENTS track. move your event track up or down in REAPER, is there another one under? That’s most likely your problem. That, or another track also has EVENTS as the track name.

That’s what I figured was definitely the first thing I checked. I must be missing something obvious. I only have everything that was included the Custom Songs Template.RPP I loaded so unless there is an extra EVENTS track in there I only have one. If it helps, here is what I am seeing.

http://imgur.com/DBScGEI

EDIT: Well that didn’t show every track in the top part of Reaper like I thought the screenshot had but the only ones not showing up are:

1 PART DRUMS

2 DRUM 1 AUDIO

3 DRUM 2 AUDIO

4 DRUM 3 AUDIO

5 DRUM 4 AUDIO

6 PART BASS

7 BASS AUDIO

8 PART GUITAR

9 GUITAR AUDIO

Why people are not using our template is something I will never understand. Track name errors are really so easy to do away with.

I am though which is why I must be missing something obvious…

Farottone
        Keymaster

Post RPP, audio and Magma project file please.

Post RPP, audio and Magma project file please.

Roger that. The link to a zip file on Dropbox with that stuff is below except I didn’t include the Magma project file because I haven’t even gotten to the point of making one yet. I was simply trying to use the MIDI Tester in the newest version of Magma (2.0 C3 Edition) and that is where I got the error. I did include the actual WAV files that would be used in the Magma project file though which is why the zip file is so big. Also, I know there are some things that need to be cleaned up in the charts (this is a BH conversion) and I am going to get around to that. I just wanted to get the basics of the full process of making a custom and got stuck at this point. Thanks again.

https://db.tt/ERU7nNB0

TrojanNemo
          Participant

whoah don’t need 300MB worth of stuff. just the midi and the .rpp files are enough to see what the problem is, which i’m fairly certain I know but i’ll take a look at those.

upload just the midi and the rpp, that should be less than 1MB, not ~300MB!

whoah don’t need 300MB worth of stuff. just the midi and the .rpp files are enough to see what the problem is, which i’m fairly certain I know but i’ll take a look at those.

upload just the midi and the rpp, that should be less than 1MB, not ~300MB!

Haha yeah it was only that big becuase I included the WAV files (audio requested by farottone). I replaced the other zip file with a new one only containing the RPP and the MIDI even though you were probably already able to get those files out of the other zip file. Only 47KB!

https://db.tt/tPF59r3k

TrojanNemo
            Participant

found your problem, immediately, and where I said it was.

Count-in is not a MIDI track.

You have the original EVENTS track where you labeled it count in. as a matter of fact, you have the count in audio on top of the track.

you need to understand that the names on the far left of your screen are not TRACKS, those are labels to tell you where to put the tracks. count-in, drums_kick, drums_snare, etc are labels for you to place those audio files. PART DRUMS, PART GUITAR, EVENTS, etc, are labels for you to place the corresponding MIDI track.

so if you click on your track labeled EVENTS, you see at the start of it the track name says EVENTS. if you click on the track labeled count-in, first, it’s supposed to be audio, so you shouldn’t even see a midi editor. and when you do, as in this case, you can see it’s another EVENTS track with all the practice sessions. delete that.

found your problem, immediately, and where I said it was.

Count-in is not a MIDI track.

You have the original EVENTS track where you labeled it count in. as a matter of fact, you have the count in audio on top of the track.

you need to understand that the names on the far left of your screen are not TRACKS, those are labels to tell you where to put the tracks. count-in, drums_kick, drums_snare, etc are labels for you to place those audio files. PART DRUMS, PART GUITAR, EVENTS, etc, are labels for you to place the corresponding MIDI track.

so if you click on your track labeled EVENTS, you see at the start of it the track name says EVENTS. if you click on the track labeled count-in, first, it’s supposed to be audio, so you shouldn’t even see a midi editor. and when you do, as in this case, you can see it’s another EVENTS track with all the practice sessions. delete that.

Gotcha. Thanks. That looks like it was it as it only had 7 tracks on the output window when I exported to the MIDI this time from REAPER. How long should the MIDI tester take to work typically? I only ask because now when I run the MIDI tester it locks up and the last line it says is:

Output from MagmaCompiler follows:

and then never displays any output. I left it up for about 10 minutes and it didn’t do anything and just tried it again and it’s doing the same thing. I wasn’t sure if that was an issue with the MIDI, my computer or the MIDI Tester.

EDIT: I just went ahead and made a .rbproj file and saved it and hit the BUILD button and it didn’t have any locking up issues. I just now have some errors I need to fix in my charts!

Okay hopefully my last few questions. I fixed all the errors I could in Magma and got down to the following errors that I am not sure what to do with. I assume it has something to do with the audio I got from the BH rip that contained 4 separate audio tracks for drums or how I converted them from .ogg files to .wav files in Audacity but I wasn’t sure how to fix this. I uploaded a new version of the zip file of my .rbproj, .RPP. and MIDI file if it helps (https://db.tt/tPF59r3k). I didn’t include the audio just because how big it is, but I can if need be.

Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 5…

MIDI Compiler: Starting…

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix ‘drums0’ at [1] supports exactly 2 (total) drum channels; this song’s configuration has 4 (total) drum channels

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix ‘drums0’ at [1] supports exactly 0 kick channels; this song’s configuration has 2 kick channels

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix ‘drums0’ at [1] supports exactly 2 (total) drum channels; this song’s configuration has 4 (total) drum channels

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix ‘drums0’ at [1] supports exactly 0 kick channels; this song’s configuration has 2 kick channels

MIDI Compiler: Done.

ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.

RBA Build ended at 2:18 PM.

Also I wasn’t sure if the line about the Midi compiler failing was because all of the errors it got on the drum track of the MIDI or if it failed for some other reason that I don’t know about.

Well I converted my kick WAV file to Mono in Audacity and that got rid of all these errors. Looks like I am good to go!

Success!

Completed RBA -> CON conversion successfully!

You should be able to put it in your Xbox and start playing right away.

Enjoy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button