The White Stripes – Hotel Yorba – Need help with tempo mapping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    funkydunkleman
    Participant

I have spent off and on the last 5 days working on this song, and 4 of them have been trying to get the fucking tempo right. I can’t ever get the second verse right. Goddamn Jack and Meg have no consistent rhythm.

If any veterans can help me, that would be awesome. This is really the first time dealing with a varied tempo as my first three songs were pretty much the same throughout. The charts are 99% done, and this one issue is preventing me from putting it up.

Here is the download for the reaper file. And I’m not sure if I’m supposed to include the .wav, but here it is. Thanks in advance.

questionmark
      Participant

I’m sorry to say I won’t be able to help, but I wanted to let you know that I’m excited you are charting this one. Good song, and it should sort another White Stripes album!

Farottone
        Keymaster

Doesn’t seem that bad honestly. I fixed the whole tempo map for you, but you’ll need to realign the count in and move notes around after that BPM peak you inserted and that I deleted. Remember, if you need to double the BPM rate for a beat or so, your internal authoring alarm should go off. Also, I realigned for you the notes in the first 2 measures. On a personal note, I think you’ve halved the tempo, but I haven’t changed that because you would need to shorten all your notes.

http://keepitfishy.com/farottone/hotelyorba.rar

funkydunkleman
          Participant

Oh man, thank you so much. I was using the tap button to determine bpm, and it clearly wasn’t the right method. I forgot how effective just finding the peak in the wavelength was, especially in the break with the rides. Hopefully I’ll have my shit together and this won’t come up again. You ended so much frustration for me. Thank you so much man. You’re a pro.

I plan on having it finished by tonight!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button