The rating system and how it’s used

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rcale
    Participant

Over the last few months I’ve started to use the rating/review system to put scores against tracks in the game. It works pretty well but it occurred to me that one person’s score is unlikely to match another’s.

So I have a couple of questions:

Do people use this feature?

What criteria do people use to review tracks in-game (if at all)? Personally, if I really love a chart and the record it gets 5. I’ve only got about 10-15 of these in the game. If I like a chart / record it gets 4. If it’s ok it gets a 3. If I don’t like a record it’s 1 because I don’t want it to show up at all.

The follow up question is about the reviews that are given on the customs database: how does this work? If I don’t like something then that’s often just a matter of taste, attributing a score is a bit complicated in that scenario. Especially a low score.

Interested in other views on this.

In the game I’ve probably used ratings once or twice when it came out and never touched them again. I personally think the rating system in the database is a little unfair as if maybe if people put low ratings just cause they don’t like the song will hurt other authors feelings. I also don’t think it’s the proper way to have a rating system in the database. If we HAVE to have one (I personally think there’s need to) I would opt with the like/dislike thing YouTube has going on.

AJFOne23
      Participant

In the game I’ve probably used ratings once or twice when it came out and never touched them again. I personally think the rating system in the database is a little unfair as if maybe if people put low ratings just cause they don’t like the song will hurt other authors feelings. I also don’t think it’s the proper way to have a rating system in the database. If we HAVE to have one (I personally think there’s need to) I would opt with the like/dislike thing YouTube has going on.

yes there are trolls who express there dislike for an artist by giving a 1 star rating and I’ve had to deal with that on a lot of the Zappa tracks I’ve done. If you don’t like something fine don’t download it but don’t be a big baby and rate someones hard work low if the charting isn’t complete shit.

MrPrezident

I’ll admit that I’m not using the rating system properly. When I download a song I’ll usually hit the 5-star button and if its one I particularly enjoy (mind you this is well before actually _playing_ the song) then I’ll leave a nice comment.

I really don’t see myself giving anyone below a three star, I can’t be that mean. I’m from Canada.

Keeping the content Canadian since 2017!

SomeOldGuys: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/someoldguys
          MrPrezident: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/MrPrezident

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button