- This topic is empty.
May 24, 2013 at 6:59 am #388635
This song couldn’t be titled any other way. it is so over my head, I scraped it and dumped this project months ago
I’m putting it here to see if any of you can and want to finish it, because otherwise it’ll be in my hard drive forever and won’t see the light of day. Maybe i’ve gotten too used to full multitracks or less layered songs. The multiple guitars have thrown me way off in the guitar chart, which i’m fairly sure is wrong even though i’ve followed the midis carefully. The mix also has the bass buried for the most part, so I can’t make it out….*sigh*
– Fairly confident on this, needs to be checked by a better drummer than myself.
– Vocals and harmonies charted using official sheet music and studio stems, slides added by farottone. Fairly confident this is good as is.
here start the problems.
– Chart is laid out, but i’m fairly confident it’s incorrect. I feel the strongest about the solo, because you can actually make it out. the midis i’ve found have included 3-4 guitar parts, but none of the parts overlapped each other for the most part. Still, it sounds like it’s missing notes when you play it through, but if I slow it down and go note by note, it feels like all the notes are there. No freaking clue how to fix it.
– Total clusterfuck. I can’t hear it. Multiple midis with the same or very similar bass pattern charted, but i just don’t hear it. Maybe do one guitar here instead? but How to separate them?
– Done but I don’t feel too confident in a lot of parts resulting from the problems with pro keys (see below).
– This is a mess. The actual chart is musically correct, done using the official sheet and the separated studio stem for the keys. HOWEVER, the sheet music is NOT RB3 friendly. Nyx and I have discussed it at length, according to him it’s the way the notes are centered, which would either cause you to be switching ranges every half measure in many parts of the song, or 4-note chords have to reduced to 2-note chords. Nyx is mostly done doing this part for me, I included what he had sent me in the project file.
As you can see, this is a very messed up project. I love the song, I paid for the stems and sheet music, but since they’re “partial” stems, with only vocals and keys separated, it’s driven me crazy. I had to drop this song and only now thought maybe I could use this Collab board to resurrect it.
If you can finish it, you can take all the credit for it and release it under your name. I just want it to be completed so it can be enjoyed by all.
PLEASE POST ON HERE IF YOU’RE GOING TO DO IT, SO WE DON’T END UP WITH TWO OR THREE OF YOU DOING THE SAME THING.
DOWNLOADSSeptember 22, 2013 at 4:17 pm #406644
Moved this to the Collab board. See if anyone here wants to finish this song and take credit for it.October 4, 2013 at 7:43 pm #407376
Just curious – where does one buy stems?October 5, 2013 at 12:48 am #407395Just curious – where does one buy stems?
For a variety of reasons into which we can’t go, that’s not something we can discuss on these forums, sorry.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.