The C3 Hint Thread: July 19th, 2013

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Perhaps some more clues?

90s

Jack Sparrow

Also, there is an Ogre in the code, and hes not a well fed dog.

TrojanNemo
    Participant

Seriously? Wtf. I hope one day I can go a-ha! I understood that hint!

My dogs name is Ogre, was this meant for me, did you get something from my band?

My dogs name is Ogre, was this meant for me, did you get something from my band?

I’m afraid not. The dog that i’m thinking of is a little skinny. I have no idea if yours is that thin, but hey…

Ok, just to decode the code for everyone, seeing as how we have about 4 hours till release, here it is:

“There is an Ogre in the code, and he is not a well fed dog.”

The code = APBMLCMNJBRSSCAO

Not a well fed dog = Skinny dog, or SKINNY PUPPY

There is an Ogre in the band Skinny Puppy.

Ogre = Nivek Ogre

Now find Nivek Ogre in the code and go from there.

Clue: He starts near the middle.

I guess I should have posted this earlier:

Googling “Illuminati Head Cowboy Heroin” results in novelist William S. Burroughs wiki page, who is featured in the video of “Just One Fix” in both audio and video.

Edit: Not that I think that was the intended solution to the clue, but just something interesting I was sitting on all week long but couldn’t quite make the connection.

I guess I should have posted this earlier:

Googling “Illuminati Head Cowboy Heroin” results in novelist William S. Burroughs wiki page, who is featured in the video of “Just One Fix” in both audio and video.

Edit: Not that I think that was the intended solution to the clue, but just something interesting I was sitting on all week long but couldn’t quite make the connection.

Well believe it or not, you would have been right on the money. Each clue had different meanings and that was one. Heroin is also the subject matter of the song, and Al Jourgensen had an 18-year long addiction to heroin.

I’m just glad no one guessed the clues. It would’ve ruined the awesome moment I had this morning after opening up the C3 blog and seeing that Psalm 69 full album is out. I was blown away.

Thank you, DeathThreatUK!

Seeing as how the truth is out there now, here is the answers to how the clues all tie up to Ministry (and also Psalm 69):

Firstly, the code: APBMLCMNJBRSSCAO

You might remember I mentioned that Nvek Ogre was hidden in the code? Well, he is. In initials. To solve this riddle, you cut the code in two, like so:

APBMLCMN

JBRSSCAO

And then the initials line up for all of the band members of Ministry (permanent and touring) at the time: Al Jourgensen, Paul Barker, Bill Rieflin, Mike Scaccia, Louis Svitek, Chris Connelly, MArtin Atkins, Nivek Ogre.

And of course, the other clues:

Illuminati – Conspiracy theorists believe they are a potential New World Order. N.W.O.

Head – First word of the Greek album title ΚΕΦΑΛΗΞΘ

Cowboy – Their style of clothing when combined with Biker

Heroin – Explained two posts above.

Nostrum – The signature wail from Jourgensen in N.W.O.

Sex – The number 69 would become a frequently referenced number after this album.

R.C. – The side project Revolting Cocks.

W – George “W” Bush/George H. “W” Bush, both frequent targets of the band.

Grace – The missing final track.

Angel – The front cover.

90s – The album came out in 1992.

Jack Sparrow – Well, look:

http://wallpaper.metalship.org/images/a … ensen3.jpg

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/ … 00-998.jpg

So there you have it

Not even the Pentagon would have been able to decode this.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button