The C3 Hint Thread: July 12th, 2013

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Sid Kafizz
    Participant

Never heard of ’em, let alone the song. Nice hints, though!

RyanHYK
      Participant
        [*]Once a cover of this track hit Sesame Street, children everywhere knew that it was alright to be proud of who you are.

Surprised no one’s offered a guess on this one. Maybe they’re just not looking at it from all the right angles.

ws54
        Participant

Without giving it a listen, this track by an artist featured in Rock Band might be mistaken for some sort of Tom Petty/Dave Grohl collaborative follow-up.

That is really a great hint and it’s about time someone solves it.

MRL
            • Once a cover of this track hit Sesame Street, children everywhere knew that it was alright to be proud of who you are.

Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel for the Sesame Street hint due to Lesley Ann Warren playing a cover it instead of Joel himself, but it might also be Hot n Cold by Katy Perry as the wildcard based on the Katy Perry authoring in the past and here’s a list to all possible options.

That’s the only one that I’m gonna tackle now, but the Dave Grohl and Tom Petty one probably seems obvious once you know what it is, but the artists that I associate with sounding like Tom Petty haven’t showed up on Rock Band yet and the only thing that I associate as a combination of the two in sound is Wheels by The Foo Fighters which is already on rock band.

espher
            Participant

Interestingly, the Sesame Street-covered song is not on that list.

That’s the only one that I’m gonna tackle now, but the Dave Grohl and Tom Petty one probably seems obvious once you know what it is, but the artists that I associate with sounding like Tom Petty haven’t showed up on Rock Band yet and the only thing that I associate as a combination of the two in sound is Wheels by The Foo Fighters which is already on rock band.

Without giving it a listen, this track by an artist featured in Rock Band might be mistaken for some sort of Tom Petty/Dave Grohl collaborative follow-up.
              RyanHYK
              Participant

Ah, so it all has to do with the title then. Uhhh… “Runnin’ Down the Rope?” I got nothin’.

EDIT: Wait, just figured it out. Classy.

espher
                Participant
                  EDIT: Wait, just figured it out. Classy.

:excited:

RyanHYK
                  Participant
                    Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel for the Sesame Street hint due to Lesley Ann Warren playing a cover it instead of Joel himself, but it might also be Hot n Cold by Katy Perry as the wildcard based on the Katy Perry authoring in the past and here’s a list to all possible options.
                    Interestingly, the Sesame Street-covered song is not on that list.

It’s in the Wiki, though it’s definitely not on that list. Just thought I’d share that bit of news.

espher
                    Participant
                      The members of the band behind this iconic track don’t really try to define themselves, but they sure know what they’re not about.

4 Non Blondes. The track for this hint was “What’s Up?”, though we got two.

As Nyx mentioned, this release has to come out on Thursday.

As guessed after Nyx’s teasing, this was Mindless Self Indulgence’s “Seven-Eleven”, release on 7/11.

Once a cover of this track hit Sesame Street, children everywhere knew that it was alright to be proud of who you are.

Please allow her to introduce herself — she’s a woman of wealth and taste.

Shania Twain’s “That Don’t Impress Me Much”.

Tricksie tricksie.

The Foo Fighters track from Rock Band 1 was “Learn to Fly”. One of the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers tracks we got was “Learning to Fly”. I used the leading artists from each of these groups for the hint, which referred to REO Speedwagon’s “Time For Me to Fly”.

And that was this week in the bag.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button