Tempo Mapping Troubles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

So I’ve been trying to create my first Rock Band custom, and I’ve run into a problem with REAPER. In both of the tempo mapping tutorials I have watched, the person says to go to the first few measures, place markers down, etc. That’s not the problem here though. First off, whenever I try to press “Q” like they say, it does nothing and my computer makes that noise it makes when a key press is not valid. Since they say to put markers down, I use “M” instead. However, whenever I try to adjust the tempo by putting in another marker, the tempo stays at 120. What am I doing wrong?

Nyxyxylyth
    Participant
      So I’ve been trying to create my first Rock Band custom, and I’ve run into a problem with REAPER. In both of the tempo mapping tutorials I have watched, the person says to go to the first few measures, place markers down, etc. That’s not the problem here though. First off, whenever I try to press “Q” like they say, it does nothing and my computer makes that noise it makes when a key press is not valid. Since they say to put markers down, I use “M” instead. However, whenever I try to adjust the tempo by putting in another marker, the tempo stays at 120. What am I doing wrong?

Did you install the RBN tools from the third post here?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6

Well I know I downloaded it, and I am using some form of a song template. What else is in there that I could be missing?

By the way, another question. Whenever I load up the template, it tries to open a project called “Eloise” off of the E drive, I think it is. Presumably this is that song by The Damned that came out a few months ago, but I find it odd that it would try bringing it up. So what is going with that?

Nyxyxylyth
      Participant

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6

Well I know I downloaded it, and I am using some form of a song template. What else is in there that I could be missing?

Select Actions / Show Action List. Enter “Custom” in the “Filter” box. Is anything listed? If not, your RBN tools didn’t install correctly. The one you’re after for Q is “Custom: Set tempo by bar”.

Whenever I load up the template, it tries to open a project called “Eloise” off of the E drive, I think it is. Presumably this is that song by The Damned that came out a few months ago, but I find it odd that it would try bringing it up. So what is going with that?

That’s a reference to the count-in sound wav file. Right-click on the count-in, pull up the properties, and locate your own count-in sound.

http://www.pksage.com/ccc/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6

Select Actions / Show Action List. Enter “Custom” in the “Filter” box. Is anything listed? If not, your RBN tools didn’t install correctly. The one you’re after for Q is “Custom: Set tempo by bar”.

Well, things show up, but nothing that says “Set tempo by bar”. Searching “tempo” brings up numerous results, but nothing shows up on that one either. How do I add it in?

Nyxyxylyth
        Participant

It sounds like you didn’t run rbn2-install.exe. If you did, you should have this file, depending on where you installed it:

D:Program Files (x86)REAPERKeyMapsrbn keymap.ReaperKeyMap

There we go! It’s working now. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button