Tempo Mapping Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

So I’m trying to create a tempo map for a song but I’m having a little trouble. The start of the song is only vocals and quiet synth in the background and I’m having a hard time counting out the measures of this part for my tempo map. Should I just start my tempo map from where the first peak in the song is even if its like 15 seconds in? I know the song is a 4/4 signature too.

Farottone
    Keymaster
      So I’m trying to create a tempo map for a song but I’m having a little trouble. The start of the song is only vocals and quiet synth in the background and I’m having a hard time counting out the measures of this part for my tempo map. Should I just start my tempo map from where the first peak in the song is even if its like 15 seconds in? I know the song is a 4/4 signature too.

If you don’t have access to sheet music, which will probably tell you the general tempo, you can start tempo mapping where the first instrument kicks in and check if the tempo changes or if it sounds the same. If it’s the same, go back and use the same BPM for the vocals only part. I would cautiously tell you that with no point of reference, if you use a BPM rate that makes sense for the rest of the song, vocals can follow the BPM and work in an absolute way instead of relative.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button