Tempo Map Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey, I have started a custom song and so far have drums and vocals charted. I charted vocals first and fixed all my errors then went to drums. When I tested my drums out I noticed the notes were off of the beat marks(Is that what they’re called?) in the game and I found that my tempo map is a little messed up in parts. So is there a way to go back and fix my tempo map without ruining what I have charted already?

Nyxyxylyth
    Participant
      Hey, I have started a custom song and so far have drums and vocals charted. I charted vocals first and fixed all my errors then went to drums. When I tested my drums out I noticed the notes were off of the beat marks(Is that what they’re called?) in the game and I found that my tempo map is a little messed up in parts. So is there a way to go back and fix my tempo map without ruining what I have charted already?

What I do is expand the MASTER track vertically, so you have more room/resolution to work with, and drag the problem measures up or down a little. Make sure your File / Project Settings / Project settings / Timebase is set to Beats (position only). You can also right-click on the points and set the value manually, but it’ll take a few guesses to get it right.

The drums will be okay, because those are the beat – but your vocals will need nudging here and there. You can use the cursor keys to nudge notes left and right, and I think maybe [ and ] to shorten/lengthen (at least, that’s how I have it mapped). Remember vocals should be authored on a 1/64th grid.

ws54
      Participant

Before you make any changes, solo the vocals and export a midi so you have a backup. I’ve never tried this but you might be able to simply backup the vocal midi, then delete the vocal notes, adjust the tempo map and drums, and then reimport the vocals.

Nyxyxylyth
        Participant
          Before you make any changes, solo the vocals and export a midi so you have a backup. I’ve never tried this but you might be able to simply backup the vocal midi, then delete the vocal notes, adjust the tempo map and drums, and then reimport the vocals.

That wouldn’t accomplish much – MIDI notes are stored by measure and offset. If your tempo map was screwed when you charted it, it’ll be just as off when you re-import it.

That’s why I put so much emphasis on getting it right the first time! But you’ve got plenty of company – hardly anybody does it right with the first chart.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button