standard audio quality

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey I’ve searched and haven’t seen much regarding the quality of audio tracks. I’ve used .wav files ripped straight from CD’s. My customs work however there are some instruments like bass for example that gets boomy or guitar that gets overpowered by other instruments. Probably clipping too. Is there a standard in settings for the audio track? I do not have stems so these are not multichannel customs but I do find some instruments to be louder on the left speaker at time and the right speaker at other times. Is there a setting or standard for the main audio tracks? I also find the music to sound wavy at times like it transitions from louder to softer throughout the song.

I do not believe it’s magma’s fault but maybe something with the way I’ve consolidated the track in reaper? Thanks again

Quick question first: how do you compile non-multitrack customs when it comes to the audio? The correct way to do it is to put your WAV in the background stem part and have all the other stem slots (except dryvox which is only there for lipsync animations) filled with empty silent WAV files (there is a option to let Magma add in these for you). If you put the WAV with the music in all slots it’s gonna be clippy and overly booming ingame, so make sure you don’t do that

Thanks NL. I think that’s my issue. I’ve been filling the kit, bass, and guitar with my exported wave file. Now it’s mKing sense. This authoring stuff really finds a way to make a computer guy feel dumb.

While I’m here is there a standard for the main audio track in reaper? Are we to just make sure the audio is not in the red? Or is there a certain dB standard the track should be at?

If you have the RBN resources for Reaper (the preview window, count-in samples, etc.) I think trying to have your song be about as loud as the hi-hat count-in sample there without ever clipping (going into the red) is what you want to aim for

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button