Spanish Castle Magic GH1 Beta had lyrics!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lifeismusic5
    Participant

1:40 to 3:05 Spanish Castle Magic is played & can be heard with distinct copycat cover vocals that are trying to mimic Hendrix vocals. The story is that the Hendrix estate or those that own rights to Hendrixs music decided the vocals werent good enough & requested they take them out of the final version. The instrumental does a damn good job of replicating the song to the best of their abilities but I wish they kept the vocals to make the song authentic to the original source. My whole life I went not knowing the official song had vocals, I just thought it were an instrumental piece haha. Speaking of which, theres tons of prerelease & beta content on these games that you can find removed songs or changed songs. Interesting indeed.

The Other Side
      Participant

Hendrix’s estate was really stingy about the use of his music in games, it’s why his DLC packs for World Tour aren’t compatible with later games, because they didn’t want any avatars other than Hendrix’s to play them. Although I’m guessing they mellowed out on that by the time his music hit the Rock Band series.

EuroMIX
        Participant

Yeah, I do wonder what changed the estate’s mind there. Maybe Activision didn’t push hard enough to get his music without the “his avatar must play it” stipulation, but maybe at the time the estate wouldn’t permit that anyway.

I know some artists took some time and effort to convince, and some still haven’t been to this day.

On 3/26/2020 at 5:43 AM, EuroMIX said:

Yeah, I do wonder what changed the estate’s mind there. Maybe Activision didn’t push hard enough to get his music without the “his avatar must play it” stipulation, but maybe at the time the estate wouldn’t permit that anyway.

I know some artists took some time and effort to convince, and some still haven’t been to this day.

I can’t speak for the avatar stipulation but i do have a theory as to why harmonix was able to obtain dlc easier Harmonix could afford it more than activision could and due to the fact that at the time of the dlc was available for RB2 was when the guitar hero series was getting shit for pumping out more guitar hero games with decreasing quality. 

EuroMIX
          Participant

On 11/1/2020 at 11:01 AM, anusdestroyer said:

I can’t speak for the avatar stipulation but i do have a theory as to why harmonix was able to obtain dlc easier Harmonix could afford it more than activision could and due to the fact that at the time of the dlc was available for RB2 was when the guitar hero series was getting shit for pumping out more guitar hero games with decreasing quality. 

Considering that Activision managed to secure songs that so far even RB hasn’t had, I doubt any perceived quality of the subsequent games had much to do with it, but perhaps whatever agreement Activision had didn’t easily allow for the Hendrix songs to be reused without expensive relicensing. It’s also possible that the good experience licensing their music for games prior to RB made the Hendrix estate more open, or RB was more willing to pay more for Hendrix alone. It’s really hard to say without full details of each agreement, and neither were made in a vacuum. We know that some artists really care about how they are represented, for example Tool were quite stringent on how their music could be represented in these games, and that’s likely the reason why RB was never able to secure them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button